It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many threads do we need about the fossilised alien life NASA spotted on a meteorite?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Im just curious as to how many threads are actualy necessary for this one, single topic. And folks, please dont try and tell me that ALL the copies are down to people not looking for the subject on search first, or not being able to find it on search first. I seriously havent been able to go a day in the time since the story broke, without literaly falling over a thread about it.You dont need to search this thread, because it jumps up, latches on to ones netherparts, and refuses to go away.
Now, seriously people I wish to make a suggestion. For those of you about to post a thread on the subject, I salute you for your efforts, but you really just need to google the damned subject line, and ATS, and that ought to tell you what has been posted so far.
And a word to you wonderous mods as well if I may.... can we please have a crack down on the sheer amount of these threads? They are like flippin tribbles!

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Some wish to present intel that is felt to be important. I wish the 12 ft thing wit claws in the deep location bases surrounded by RED lights dont know was discussed but hey guess gotta wait till it gets free to know about. Please dont ask

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

You know what? On this ONE occasion Im not going to ask, Im going to leave you to it on that one pal
Enjoy wont you? But seriously , you understand where Im comming from here right ?

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Just a tiny bit of irony here..

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
To answer the question in your title?

The answer is 12.

(That is if we follow the typical ats posting trends!
)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MurrayTORONTO

Im not repeating the thread, or posting the exact same articles with tiny variations...This is more of a complaint to the ether about waste . As such I do not see it as a wasted thread, I think theres a good case for some spring cleaning to happen in relation to the NASA life find, and I think that at least discussing the possibility is certainly more capable of bearing fruit than the constant copy and paste job threads that have been popping up .
They are like some viral infection in here.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Seriously, the mods have tried to keep this under control. But I have a feeling no one alerts them. Maybe because they feel bad for doing so, not sure. But this story, as important as it is, really did get way out of hand. Worst I've seen.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I was about to post that NASA lost contact with an alien life form therefore, it isn't 12 but officially 11

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Yes I seen the multi threads on it. Again its a powerful topic or can be so I can see how multiple members made the same thread. It would help if there was search performed but hey it takes time to get round on ATS.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Give it a few minutes...

It will be 12.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Hang on.... NASA found fossilised alien life on a metorite..!!!!!

When did this happen and why has nobody told me about it..!!

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Wait a minute. You mean that there ain't no martians on them there asteroids. Who put the fossils there anyway? Fossilized gray aliens? Probably came from Roswell.

Sorry, couldn't resist and I have to agree that enough is enough. Although, some of the comments have been rather amusing. Amazing what surfaces when the simple Word "Alien" comes up. Mexico....

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
What,they found fossilized bugs on a meteorite???????

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Ok, so here's how it works.

We will allow usually 2 threads on the same topic.

One in BAN (Breaking Alternative News) and one in the appropriate forum.

Any others would usually be closed and redirected. Please use the complaint feature if you see any repeats so that staff can divert traffic to the earlier threads.

Hope than helps.

~Keeper
ATS Moderator

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Agreeeeeeeeed! Great post op. Mods punished me for pointing it out on a thread last night, yet the thread still was open.

Duplicate threads need to be closed and policed as much as trolling. It's outta control.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

By all means use the complaint feature.

What we frown upon are members posting in those threads with just " USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION, etc.."

If you are going to post in the thread in regards to it being a duplicate, provide the link to the original thread, and alert staff, this will make it MUCH easier for all parties involved.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Ok, so here's how it works.

We will allow usually 2 threads on the same topic.

One in BAN (Breaking Alternative News) and one in the appropriate forum.
Which forum is the appropriate forum?

I've seen multiple threads in Space Exploration, Science and Technology, and Aliens and UFOs in addition to Breaking Alternative News.

I do think the follow-up announcement by NASA deserves a separate thread here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

But there were plenty of duplicates regarding the original announcement, and I only saw one which had been closed.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I'll be sure to keep an eye out, and use that feature in future. This thread isnt a complaint, its more of an alert to other members. Ok so they missed the thread on Breaking Alternative News, and managed to miss it in Aliens and UFO.
Perhaps this little thread hiding out in BB&Q will alert potential posters to the superfluosity of thier intent to post on the subject.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I don't know.. did we need this thread?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I think the ats would of handled the situation with out you crying about it. Guh !

top topics

<<   2 >>

join