It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO files: threat of alien invasion taken seriously by military

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

UFO files: threat of alien invasion taken seriously by military

www.teleg raph.co.uk

The authorities, including four local forces and a bomb disposal unit, swung into action after six "flying saucers" were found by members of the public in a perfect line across southern England.

But fears of a real "war of the worlds" incident petered out after examination of the "spacecraft" showed that it was an elaborate rag week hoax by engineering students.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I found this to be an interesting little fiasco. It could be taken at face value for what it is purported to be. A prank. An elaborate one at that.

But my cynical side wants to look a little deeper. According to the article, it was only "discovered to be a fake" after the bomb experts opened it. Huh?

You mean these young folks craft were so well made you couldn't tell from the outside? I want to see that.

How bout this? This was a test. How would the public react if this actually happened? I guess they got their answer, if that was indeed the case.

www.teleg raph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Lmao.. Brilliant practical joke .. Militaries have to have imaginary threats to justify their budgets - whether human or alien.. As long as they have something to keep the public "safe" from...

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

If it was a joke. It amazes me that these kids could have owned them so badly in 1967.
That's what makes me think this was something else entirely.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
And we are only just hearing about this NOW ? The fact that this was EVER a secret, means that every worst fear we have about our governments and thier motives for keeping quiet, are valid. If they cannot even tell us when all there is to see is a bunch of what amounts to model aircraft and some spotty pack of nerds , sweating and adjusting thier glasses on thier noses, nervously , wondering what trouble they will be in, then there should be no secrets.
Its nothing. Are you telling me we cannot even rely on our government to tell us when something godamned hilarious happens ?
Ok. Heres the deal. I can KIND OF understand a military or intelligence organisation, being a little worried about releasing the information, in 1967 , that aliens have made contact with the Earth, and are comming for our wives and daughters. I hear the problem with that plain as a dawn trumpet in the alps.
But, there can never be an excuse, for failing to disclose a well executed hoax. I do not care wether it might be "better" for the intelligence services to allow the public to believe one thing , while another proves to be true. What the intelligence services think is about as important as what the turds I flush, and the dead hairs on my brush think about world affairs. What is PARAMOUNT, is that the people are never lied to this callously again, and if they are, that those responsible are hunted down, penetrated with a 12gauge and blown apart from the inside out.
The government stopped having the right to lie to me, when I found out it couldnt be trusted. They owe you too.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I’m very skeptical of these stories and overall stories about UFOs, but here is the part in the article that stood out for me—

The files reveal that in December 1977 the government used its influence to talk down a call by Grenada president, Sir Eric Gairy, for a UN agency to conduct research into UFO sightings.

Why would the British government “use its influence to talk down” an attempt to set up a UN agency to research into UFO sightings? Why would they care?

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

I was hoping for some input from the UK on this one. Guess I got it. Quite colorful too.

And I couldn't agree with you more.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by aptness
I’m very skeptical of these stories and overall stories about UFOs, but here is the part in the article that stood out for me—

The files reveal that in December 1977 the government used its influence to talk down a call by Grenada president, Sir Eric Gairy, for a UN agency to conduct research into UFO sightings.

Why would the British government “use its influence to talk down” an attempt to set up a UN agency to research into UFO sightings? Why would they care?

Obviously, Sir Eric wasn't privy to the inside trac on this topic. So they had to set him straight before he got himself terminated. Or worse.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
But my cynical side wants to look a little deeper. According to the article, it was only "discovered to be a fake" after the bomb experts opened it. Huh?

You mean these young folks craft were so well made you couldn't tell from the outside? I want to see that.

Considering the fact that they may not know what an alien craft looks like and the possibility that those 'young folks' (you seem to think that engineering students are average joes in the field of crafting objects, they are not) could have crafted something that looked pretty futuristic at that time it's not really a suprise.

You can't tell what's inside a box if you look at it from the outside and military aren't paid to just take a quick look at things, they are supposed to be careful and to lower the risks.
That's what they did, nothing fancy here, they looked, then they opened and saw that it was a prank, that's what the journalist is saying.

Still, props to the students, they did a good job apparently.

And for True Brit : look at OP, they said it was a prank and his first reaction was "it's certainly a cover-up".
Whatever their choice is, they are wrong so why bother and take the risk ?
edit on 7-3-2011 by BobbyTarass because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Im sorry about the refference to forced entry/molecular disfigurement with a scatter firearm. Im sure the thread was far to innocent to hear that out loud, but I feel pretty damned angry about this kind of obsfucation. The world is hard enough to live in, without governments deciding what people can and cannot know.
I mean at this point I am seriously considering going and buying an encyclopedia and going and CHECKING all the facts just so that I can be DAMNED sure they arent lying as well ! The thing that really makes me sick about all this, is that the nineties happened. Surely in amongst all that terrifyingly bad clothing and bizzarely intrusive advertising and pop culture CRAP that happened back then, we could have heard this in the news without falling over dead with fear and shock ?

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
They think we can't handle the truth.

They think they have to protect us from this information.

They still point to the "War of the Worlds" broadcast as proof we can't handle it.

They have lied for so long, that releasing this information now is problematic.

The worst thing you can do to intelligent people is to hide imformation for their own good.

I never thought I would quote Rev. Wright but, "The chickens have come home to roost".

reply to post by TrueBrit

edit on 7-3-2011 by whyamIhere because: dropped burning vegetation...

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by BobbyTarass

Considering the fact that they may not know what an alien craft looks like and the possibility that those 'young folks' (you seem to think that engineering students are average joes in the field of crafting objects, they are not) could have crafted something that looked pretty futuristic at that time it's not really a suprise.

My statement was not condescending toward the ability of the students. Although an engineering degree doesn't automatically make you a sculptor or an artist. But the students built six of these. And they had to be large enough, and good enough to be believable. Which means they had to store them somewhere till they were finished. It also means their instructor was either in on it. Or left them unsupervised for long periods of time.

You can't tell what's inside a box if you look at it from the outside and military aren't paid to just take a quick look at things, they are supposed to be careful and to lower the risks. That's what they did, nothing fancy here, they looked, then they opened and saw that it was a prank, that's what the journalist is saying.

Obviously the bomb squad had to look inside no matter what. That's their job. No problem here.

And for True Brit : look at OP, they said it was a prank and his first reaction was "it's certainly a cover-up". Whatever their choice is, they are wrong so why bother and take the risk ?

There are no pictures of the incident online. (I've looked) And they sat on this story for 40+ years. What was he supposed to think? With all the other garbage our governments pull off these days, Yeah, I'm cynical about them 24/7.

Still, props to the students, they did a good job apparently.

If students actually pulled this off. Then kudos to them. But isn't it a bit curious there doesn't seem to have been any disciplinary action? It was just as serious of an offense back then as it is now to hoax the cops and the feds.

Still, I appreciate your no-nonsense view on this. A balance of viewpoints is always a good thing.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Hahaha, they're planning a war against us insilent humans but they happen to leave a few of their craft out in the open before the attack? How does "a few UFO's" = "alien apocalypse".

No wonder aliens haven't made any public appearance, we'd all freak out and declare a war of worlds before we even listened to a word they had to say.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
meh, I don't think I am concerened about this one.
The military really aren't the sharpest tools in the shed of life, and even though we think they are there to protect us, it seems more that they are there to provide us with new technology.
The internet came from them didn't it, among other things. ( but as we know the military are really puppets)

Too be truly honest, if aliens did come and say it was war on humanity, I would suss out what their race was all about before I loaded my gun and started firing. Humanity hasn't exactly done much for the Earth, so if another race was to come here that is better then us (without enslaving humanity) I would say Hello, my name is ____, what is yours.

edit on 7-3-2011 by moonpie86 because: It appeared I was trying to say the military was not the sharpest, and the sharpest at the same time.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
We the people need to take our world back! The governments have had long enough time to f*** things up. I think we all have a right to know what's REALLY going on behind the steel curtain. To bad their aren't enough of us who think like this.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Vicarious10000

We have more numbers.
We are beginning to win the information war.
We must not make negative statements that will derail the cause.
We are the people.
We will win.....if we want to

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by rcmann

I've been aware of PBB for quite some time now. And though I wouldn't dismiss it by any means, I've wondered if it is another smokescreen for something even more sinister. Probably just the cynic in me.

I will indeed visit the link. I always like a little more info to add to my arsenal. Thanks for the reply.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Glad to see this thread. I just posted on a related topic today - I cannot vouch for the veracity of the report; but I do question the recent slew of "leaks" to the press about imminent UFO invasion, etc. And how this might connect to Project Blue Beam. Take what you like, and leave the rest (as they say). Cheers, Bob

thetruthabout1111awakeningcode.blogspot.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

P.S. - I ABSOLUTELY agree with you - I am convinced at this point that there is something far more "above top secret" than Project Blue Beam. Thanks for reply, and for referring to my blog. My hypothesis of the blog seems a bit crazy, I know, but I am starting to believe my own suspicions, based on recent events.

Glad to know I am not alone!

And check this out: www.threeworldwars.com...

I use this definition on my blog links. Somehow, the NWO links all got changed so they would go to a Pro-Wrestling Wikipedia defnition! Something quite nefarious going on here...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join