It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird new virus. Anyone have a clue on this one?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by AOA2012
Chem-trails man.
All the baron and aluminum were inhaling.

I didn't know sniffing royalty would cause congestion.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by 4nsicphd

There hasn't been much congestion going on with the flu going on around here. The virus that's hitting all the school age children (my sons included) has symptoms of 104 degree fevers, that last for days, with migraines. When my husband got it, he was in bed for 3 days, and had to constantly change his clothes due to sweating through. It's hit all the families here in my town in Illinois.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I haven't noticed anything going around North Texas lately. My brother had MRSA and it cleared up with antibiotics, but that's about it.

I expect that these novel pathogens will be increasing rapidly as the years roll on. Basically, to wake up one day and hear of a highly contagious super-bug going around with a mortality rate around 15% really wouldn't surprise me in the least. It will happen, sooner than later.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by mrsdudara

I live in Iowa. Yes.... I and my wife both had the honor of fighting this virus. Never in my life have I had anything that compares to this respiratory virus. Here is the fun part.... it will return (or at least in our case it did). Now my wife has something really nasty in her sinus. Here is what we did to beat this beast. Rinse with a Neti Pot your sinuses 3 to 5 times a day. Add some hydrogen peroxide to the normal saline solution in your Neti Pot.... OH SHUT UP AND JUST DO IT! Yes it will sting a bit... but it works in both clearing your nasal passages and killing the virus or any bacteria in your sinuses. Also deep breath into your nose and lungs from a steam machine. Do this for hours every day and at night when you wake up with this cough. If you want to live.... do it. If you have access to a nebulizer use it 3 to 5 times a day with an inhalation solution of Albuteral Sulfate.

Now for my conspiracy paranoia thoughts. This virus is like I wrote above like nothing I have ever experienced. It will mutate and come back worse than the last bout. WHY is there nothing on the news about this Cough Heard Around The World !!!!! This is much worse than any H1N1 booga booga that never happened. This virus is the real deal. It is a killer. And it will not go away. With birds falling dead in flight all over the globe.... anybody think we have a global migratory bird Aviary Flu epidemic? If so.... why no MSM news stories about this epidemic???

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Angelicdefender2012

I'm from the same place and there was a thread here a while back re:chemtrails in our area. I was outside and have never seen anything like it, I didn't think too much about it until I got sick the next day (not just me, everyone in the house). Respiratory problems, waking up in the middle of the night with difficulty breathing and bouts of sneezing. I even put a UV sterilizer light in the furnace and the best micro-allergen filters. I leave the fan running so it is constantly filtering/sterilizing and it seems to be helping. I'm not sure what to think, but I did see quite a bit of activity Sunday (yesterday). I guess they didn't get the weekend off.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Sounds like sinus infection added to the virus they caught. A netty pot is very useful. Here's a video of one. They sell them at Walmart, target, etc
They do really help.

www.sinucleanse.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
It's called the FLU. It's been particularly strong this year, so anyone with any sort of immunity deficiency would be affected to a greater extent.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by KOGDOG

That is what I did. I stayed sick for over a month and finally went to the doctor. She gave me Cephalexin and I got over it about a week later. I don't know what kind of virus it was but I've never been sick like that.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Zpack and other strong antibiotics will only work if you start taking them immediately you feel the sickness coming on .. it doesn't do anything if you wait 3 days until your're really sick .. at that point your body's immune system is doing the hard work ...

So take it IMMEDIATELY you feel you're getting sick .. i.e. the first day ..or u'll waste the medicine ..

Exercise good hygiene .. wash hands with soap often .. stay away from infected people as much as possible .. and in flu or cold season ... keep your surroundings disinfected especially with kids ... never eat at restaurants .. just cook hot food at home and enjoy ... drink room temperature water/drinks at all times .. make it a habbit like me .. I never drink cold stuff .. you get used to it .. and finally keep the pets outside the house ..

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by legalizeit

Thats not going to happen. Everyone is broke! We have to be seriously ill to go to the Dr. with no chance of recovering on our own. Zpacks are expencive. No way are we going to the Dr. with in three days of feeling ill.

As for the Nettie pots, they do work well on some people. I dont think I will ever use one again. I was coming down with something and used it because of all the praise people had given it. I ended up with the WORST sinus infection I had ever had in my life! But it does work for many people.

As for chemtrails. I dont doubt that there are chemtrails. Especially when we get sick right before big storms roll in. If it were chemtrails in this situation, I would expect it to be more wide spread. This is obviously spreading from person to person.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by elmrich
reply to post by KOGDOG

That is what I did. I stayed sick for over a month and finally went to the doctor. She gave me Cephalexin and I got over it about a week later. I don't know what kind of virus it was but I've never been sick like that.

Cephalexin (Keflex) is a cephalosporin antibiotic. It would have no effect on a virus. It works only on bacteria, which sometimes opportunistically infect a person with an underlying viral infection.It really is only indicated for one o the various streptococcal bacteria.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Im in Nebraska, and I know here, that Influenza-a&b are running rampant right now. They had to give my four year old Tamiflu in a pill form b/c they said Nebraska has runout of the liquid. Also, They say that if you get Influenza-a and get treated for it, 9 out of 10 times your going to be be back in a few days for Influenza-b.
Now, my children aren't showing any signs of Influenza, but they are congested like no other, and I myself am beginning to get a little tight, and a cough. I'm currently taking GoldSeal Extract, but would take suggestions. Where do you get Coloidal Silver? Thanks

The Salad

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Chickensalad

Any Healthfood store had Colloidal Silver. I go to Vitamin Shoppe, and I buy their brand, because it is a little cheaper. It is a clear liquid and is almost tasteless, so it is very easy to take. Just don't overdo it, because you can permantently turn Blue if you take too much. According to the bottle, you would have to take like 10,000 doses to turn blue though.

Real Life Blue Man

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by mrsdudara

are there planes leaving lots of trails behind over your city?

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
We've had it here for about 3 weeks. My 3 year old is suffering horribly from it right now. Lots of snot, lots of wheezing and gurgly chest sounds..I'm sick of all this already. I had it 3 weeks ago and still suffer from what almost seems like whooping cough.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Something similar went through my area early this year.. it hung on to me for 5 weeks and still not completely free of it yet.

Doctor's prescribed Anti-Biotics for a Virus they wouild not or could not name!!

So the crazy part is when I questioned about using Anti-Biotics for a Virus.. it won't work on viruses... they said, just take them and see how you go. I stopped after 4 days because they kill the immune systema and I was not prepared to open myself up to other illnesses at the time, so I stopped using Anti-Biotics and started using natural products to build up my immune system...which gave me relief within days and improved over the next couple of weeks.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Can you tell me what is the dosage collidal silver you have been taking. thanks starchild.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I have a great doctor and since it was my second round in this rodeo we were able to knock it out in a month. What this is is probably a bacterial infection. For me, it started in the nasal cavity, extended to the ears and into the lungs. Symptoms included diarrhea, muscle aches, fever, nasal congestion, ear infection, lung infection. I actually had this when I was in my 20's in the 1980's and knew I was in trouble right away. It's frightening the first time around.

We did a Zithromax Z-Pak, Homatropine syrup, Corticosteroids and sleeping sitting up. The sitting up part is the most important. The lungs will perform better when in an upright position while sleeping during a bacterial infection - don't ask me that's what my internist says.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernutty

What is a netti pot?.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by star child

I've been taking 2 teaspoons (2 capfuls) 3 times per day. I don't take a maintenance dose, I only take it when I am sick.

My brother takes a similar dosage when he is sick, and he has beaten all the flus in Missouri this winter.

new topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join