It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"spectacular" Cyber attack sniffing for G20 info forces shut down thousands of France's Computers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
www.france24.com...

France’s finance ministry was the target of one of the largest ever cyber-attack on a French government office, the government has confirmed. According to experts, the hackers were after documents relating to the G20.

Throwing around words like "spectacular" and "unprecented" when it comes to an information gathering attack should raise some hackles
I wonder what the cost of this attack will be to France, doesn't seem like something affecting over 10,000 government computers can come cheaply
Is china really the country of origin, or is there some other element behind these recent attacks
Will be interesting to see what develops, if anything from this

From what I can tell, it seems this has been ongoing since December and may possibly be related to the recent G20 attacks against Canada
Anyone else find any information on this?
Is it just coming to light now, and if so, why so long?
edit on 7-3-2011 by reticlevision because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
"Spectacular" but what they got was "unimportant documents" ..so ..if I may , whats spectacular?

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I believe the use of phrases like "spectacular" were referring to the scale of the attack, not the results

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
ok..ok..I get that though I find it were better to use "attempted" to pull off a "spectacular" than just use the latter. I tell you what is spectacular..ready..

now.. that was it!

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by kassych

I'm sure if you like you can find the reporters who are labeling the attack as spectacular in the media and give them your opinion on the level of the severity and if it deserves to be labeled as "huge" or "big" or "unprecedented"
They may be more interested in discussing how they saw fit to label it as they did

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
ha , ha.
no thank you. They will brand me some other title am not willing to carry.

top topics

join