It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cain: "Stupid people are ruining America"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Washington (CNN) –"Stupid people are ruining America," Cain said to applause and laughter. "We have to become teachers and educators of the stupid."

"The American dream is under attack, but the good news is we are fighting back. We are fighting back with our voices and our votes," added Cain.

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

Well this is the first thing I have heard from the right side that actually makes some sense in a while. Although I wonder if he may be insulting us at the same time with this statement. He says stupid people are ruining this country and then say's the Health care reform was a disaster. I wonder, is he proclaiming anyone who supported the health care reform is stupid? This could go both ways for him I think. It will be interesting to watch if this statement gets any legs.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

I reckon he's probably right... given the amount of inbreeding that probably takes place in the ranks of the power elite, my guess is that a lot of them are stupid. As opposed to ignorant or uneducated.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

On this I have to agree with him. I mean how stupid do you really have to be to run the global economy into the ground? To run a giant corporation into the ground? You must be really borderline retarded to do such things. I bet I could run 5 corporations and never run them into the ground!

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Since he just made some "oops" statemennts, hr might have been better off to wait a few more days to make a statement about stupidity...

John McCain not an iPhone user? Arizona Senator mistakenly says products manufactured in U.S.A.

In an appearance on ABCs "This Week" on Sunday, the Arizona senator mistakenly said that iPads and iPhones were made in the U.S. when speaking about free trade agreements.

"It's obviously recognition of the reality and the trends that cheaper, lower-cost products will usually prevail over the products made in higher wage and income countries," McCain said. "But I would also point out that, if you'd emptied that house, if you'd left a computer there or an iPad or an iPhone, those are built in the United States of America. And as the president said, continuously, and I agree with him, innovation is the key to us being able to restore our economy."

While much of Apple's business is done in Silicon Valley and across the U.S., the company's products are actually manufactured in China.

While it may have been a simple error in how he explained it, it doesn't make it any less "Hi pot. Meet kettle".

www.nydailynews.com...
Even after all of that, he does make a valid point.

edit on 3/7/2011 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
People are behaving stupidly in America but they are not stupid. Our government leaders have continually pushed education into the background. Home economics classes, physical education, ethics and etiquette are non-existent. Meanwhile, you have corporate America and their advertisers and marketers along with the media pushing the latest gadgets, high fat food, energy drinks, designers and attitudes. Violence has now crossed over into commercials. Poor behavior is also depicted in advertising, especially by children. The economy is so bad that parents are now spending most of their time working and not providing an example for their kids. Young people look stupid with their cell phones or ipod earphones stuck to their ears or their fingers flying over their phone keyboards to text. Not to mention they are not paying attention to what they are doing such as driving, or even walking. They look like automated robots. People have become so rude, especially in urban areas, and the language you hear them use in public is embarrassing. The laziness and sense of entitlement is also rampant in America. Our leaders squabble like kindergartners and meanwhile the message is, it's ok to steal money from hard working people (banks and wallstreet) and not have to answer for it. Americans are not stupid, they have just been overstimulated with a lot of garbage intended to make money for a few greedy people. It's time to wake up people and get back to the values that made this a great country!

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
Since he just made some "oops" statemennts, hr might have been better off to wait a few more days to make a statement about stupidity...

John McCain not an iPhone user? Arizona Senator mistakenly says products manufactured in U.S.A.

In an appearance on ABCs "This Week" on Sunday, the Arizona senator mistakenly said that iPads and iPhones were made in the U.S. when speaking about free trade agreements.

"It's obviously recognition of the reality and the trends that cheaper, lower-cost products will usually prevail over the products made in higher wage and income countries," McCain said. "But I would also point out that, if you'd emptied that house, if you'd left a computer there or an iPad or an iPhone, those are built in the United States of America. And as the president said, continuously, and I agree with him, innovation is the key to us being able to restore our economy."

While much of Apple's business is done in Silicon Valley and across the U.S., the company's products are actually manufactured in China.

While it may have been a simple error in how he explained it, it doesn't make it any less "Hi pot. Meet kettle".

www.nydailynews.com...
Even after all of that, he does make a valid point.

edit on 3/7/2011 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

You lost me here. How is John McCain involved in this?

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by KaiserSoze

I was just seeing if anyone would catch that....

I claim lack of sleep, and I am sticking to it. Color me ashamed.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
reply to post by KaiserSoze

I was just seeing if anyone would catch that....

I claim lack of sleep, and I am sticking to it. Color me ashamed.

No sweat, I think McCain is one of the people Cain was referring to though so you were not totally off base.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
True, He thinks that people can pick mellons in a field and raise their families off of the current minimum wage. Oh and he thinks the minimum wage is $50 per hour now.lol

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo
I wonder, is he proclaiming anyone who supported the health care reform is stupid?

Maybe, maybe not, but I'd say anyone who did support it probably was either stupid or ill-informed. If one read the bill and supported it, they are certainly stupid. The ill-informed tended to think they were getting free health care and what they got instead was a requirement that they buy health insurance.

top topics

join