It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

¡¡¡ JUST IN!!! Qhadaffi will step down if he and fam can go to ANY country of HIS choosing safely

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Wow. I can't wait to see how this is negotiated. He must have looked out over the horizon at some armada.
His offer to safely leave...

Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi has proposed to give up power and leave Libya if the saftey of his family and him are guaranteed, the London-based Asharq Alawsat Newspaper reported.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by sirjunlegun

I wonder what his long-term plans are, which country he's planning on going to, and whether or not he wants his money with him too. Is this a proper news site, can we trust it or wait for the popular news sources to pick up on it?

No, I won't believe it 'till something more familiar reports it.
edit on 7.3.11 by iamaperson because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Oh my! Since Saif lived in Austria part time and has 1,2 billion frozen in the banks (www.wienerzeitung.at...), I can only hope they don't come here. Just read (uk.reuters.com...) today that Austria, dispite UN sanctions, is still buying oil from Libya...

edit on 7-3-2011 by HedyLamarr because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-3-2011 by HedyLamarr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I can't name a single country, off the top of my head, that would WANT him.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Venezuela or Zimbabwe are his only options as far as I know and his safety in Zimbabwe can't be guaranteed, so it's probably to Hugo that he's going to snuggle up! Birds of a feather, although that is really giving birds a bad reputation!

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Belarus

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Maybe the country that let the leader of Tunisia and Egypt will let this ex-leader in, just so that these abolished leaders can have a little club. Where did those leaders go anyway?

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Montenegro. There is no better place for him.
Second line for awesomeness...

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I'm having a hard time believing this. So far there are no reports from any credible sources that would corroborate the title of this thread.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by RMFX1
I'm having a hard time believing this. So far there are no reports from any credible sources that would corroborate the title of this thread.

Looks like a hoax to me. It is an interesting idea though. I don't think the international community would accept that request, even if he was willing to remove his leadership.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by iamaperson

Yep, I'm pretty sure that this a hoax.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
It's ynet, of course it's a hoax.
Barely a credible thing ever gets printed from them.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

I see, so that site is incredible. Better keep that in mind so I don't need to doubt next time. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Asharq Al-Awsat
Here is the original story

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by iamaperson

They may very well post some credible articles from time to time but rarely have I seen an article linked here that actually has any truth behind it.
They are a zionist propagadha media agency so at the very least it is heavily one sided.

It's like any source though, cross referencing it with others always helps identify how much truth is behind it.
edit on 7-3-2011 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   

It's ynet, of course it's a hoax. Barely a credible thing ever gets printed from them.
reply to post by pazcat

Okay. I.don't know much about YNet. But if it is a hoax, well my apologies. Its kinda of sensational I guess in hindsight. After I posted it I thought...well who would want him. North Korea for a fee I am sure. Sorry for getting hopes up or wasting anyone's time.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by archasama

Do you mean Belarus now or Belarus 5 months ago?

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by sirjunlegun

He can always come to the UK. Hell we'll let in any two bit genocidal murdering scum bag regardless of their crimes, as long as they have enough money.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by quackers

What's the precedent for that? I can't think of any, but feel free to let us know who you're talking about.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I'm sure if he could he'd go hang out with his chum Chavez. That'd be somewhat worrying.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join