It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hidden Debt Makes Governments Insolvent: Bear

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
It is articles appearing over and over again, similar to this, particularly with reference to the expiring QE and the potentially chaotic effect it will have on the financial system, that points strongly to some major problems in the global economy, looking forward.

On top of these, a mountain of debt is growing but because it is off governments' balance sheets it has been so far ignored, one man who worries perhaps more than most, Albert Edwards from the global strategy team at Societe Generale, said. One of the world's most famous bears, Edwards is adamant the global economy and financial markets are not in a good place. "The global economy is critically ill. The fact that it has just risen from its sick-bed to perform a frenetic Irish jig is more a function of the financial morphine and steroids that have been pumped into its emaciated body than any miracle cure," he wrote in a recent piece of research.

More here: www.cnbc.com...

edit on 7-3-2011 by surrealist because: Added in link to article

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by surrealist

it's more like a lifeless body that the ptb have tied the strings to, and now it dances, to to their benefit!!!
they have done next to nothing to address the core problems that caused the collapse to begin with, they just opened the funnel that pulls money from our pocket into the rich pockets wide open!

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
When QE2 expires , QE3 starts as the printing press is the only heroin now . Many other countries want to raise rates to fight off the coming massive inflation but can't because they are too closely tied to the economy of the USA . If QE ceases or rates are raised in the USA , it's over so it won't happen except for maybe some farce designed to appear like they are doing something . 109 billion printed every month instead of 110 billion and a 10 basis point increase in rates , or one tenth of one percent . After QE3 there will be QE4 and into infinity .

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by bandito

only god has infinity, everything else, eventually comes to an end...
I have no idea how long they can play this game, but I do believe sooner or later, they are gonna lose the game. mo

most likely by completely eliminating the people's faith in the system all together.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
hi there hope i'm not making an ass of myself

have any of you ever heard of CAFR?

www.cafrman.com

according to these reports:

The State of Wisconsin at the State-level has approximately $7.44 billion of the taxpayer's money it is not using, i. e. surpluses equal to $1,368 for every man, woman and child in Wisconsin or $5,471 for a family of 4. This does not include all the additional surpluses that exist in the school districts, cities, or counties in Wisconsin. The Exhibit A below shows the results of the FY 2003 review.

The State of New York at the State-level has approximately $52.56 billion of the taxpayer's money it is not using, i. e. surpluses equal to $2,723 for every man, woman and child in New York or $10,890 for a family of 4. This does not include all the additional surpluses that exist in the school districts, cities, or counties in New York. The Exhibit A below shows the results of the FY 2003 review.

The State of California at the State-level has approximately $59.83 billion of the taxpayer's money it is not using, i. e. surpluses equal to $1,695 for every man, woman and child in California or $6,779 for a family of 4. This does not include all the additional surpluses that exist in the school districts, cities, or counties in California. The Exhibit A below shows the results of the FY 2003 review.

are these states really broke?

WTF?

new topics

top topics

join