It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New book sheds new light on Lincoln's racial views

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Everything is not as it seems. All to often we fail to know the whole story in its entirety. So lies are created and then years down the line they are denoted as intelligence. Thus we see stories like this where the truth is being told and the lies at the grammar schools are exposed. As I am a man who regards no man for his color or race, I do however evaluate anothers individuals intelligence and mental health. It can be easily be said that everyone has mental problems. But to hide from the truth and lie, my friends, that is criminal. We need to face our demons, not hide from them in fear. This story will stimulate the senses and remind everyone how simple we really are as a people. When I say people, I mean all the races colors and credes, nothing singular about it.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
FYI, Yahoo will not let people comment on this story because they are scared of the bar room brawl.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
With Blacks being "freshly off the boat" as it were during that period, and not being able to assume the rights of the common man, the question of relocation was valid.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by RestingInPieces

Well they weren't quite that fresh. Slaves have been used in the Americas since the early 1520s by western empires.

Although I am not surprised that someone might have had Lincolns sentiment. I am sure racial relations were not that great back then.

I can't find any justification for it. Particularly the selfish statement, that just seems out of touch with the situation.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
would agreeing, even in part, with President Lincoln be a violation of T&C?

Well it's an interesting outlook he had to say the least, and one I've never heard before. Although I did hear that he wasn't anti-slavery per se.

Thing is, look at Haiti and to a lesser extent the violence in Jamaica (other than the tourist spots), 2 hugely "black" carribbean countries. It could have turned out like that. I mean even Detroit after the white flight, but there are tons of threads about THAT already.

But as a Delta and Country Blues fan, I'm ever so grateful that they never relocated the African-Americans (or were they even considered that?)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by inregardstoo

The US Navy was already prepped to deport blacks.. by the end of the war however, it became apparent that in order for the South to die entirely, the Southern voice had to be drowned by the voices of the majority.. which in the South's case, was blacks. And so the North used the black population to formulate new governments in Southern states that were more Federalist and in line with the Northern Doctrine of assimilation. It worked perfectly. Essentially it became more beneficial, regardless of how the two races coexisted, to have blacks stay as compared to having blacks leave.

That's not to say we never tried.. in 1822 the American Colonization Society founded the nation of Liberia on Africa's West Coast as a new nation for repatriating blacks back to Africa, and was supported by most people in Government and society.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Case and point, how is it an entire society can live behind a lie for so long. Eventually, the fear of the light piercing the darkness takes its own form. Some of my sacred geometric friends may understand the notion enter into the thread. If we would live by the truth, instead of metamorphosizing lies into hideous creations of the dark, we could have attained heavenly heights long ago. But as a lie transmutes as we either ascend or descend what truths we believe follow us, whether they be true or false. So is the pitiful state of our existence now, to many falsehoods from past generations permeate into our lives through teachings believed to be truth, which are lies. As darkness comes to light would the lost call it evil for fear of loosing what darkness provided for them. The answer painfully obvious. Christ is coming and the anti-christ, the believer of lies is among us.

Toche, love you all, no matter what color you are.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marulo
reply to post by RestingInPieces

Well they weren't quite that fresh. Slaves have been used in the Americas since the early 1520s by western empires.

Although I am not surprised that someone might have had Lincolns sentiment. I am sure racial relations were not that great back then.

I can't find any justification for it. Particularly the selfish statement, that just seems out of touch with the situation.

Slavery in the Americas predate European colonialism. Native American mothers would often pick out her most handsome son, keep him indoors doing typically female work and pluck hairs as they grown in due to puberty. Then sell him off to a well to do adult gay male.

Then there is the Aztecs. An entire civilization of serial killers.

new topics

top topics

join