It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA scientist finds evidence of alien life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

NASA scientist finds evidence of alien life

news.yahoo.com

Aliens exist, and we have proof.

That astonishingly awesome claim comes from Dr. Richard B. Hoover, an astrobiologist at NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Center, who says he has found conclusive evidence of alien life — fossils of bacteria found in an extremely rare class of meteorite called CI1 carbonaceous chondrites. (There are only nine such meteorites on planet Earth.) Hoover’s findings were published late Friday night in the Journal of Cosmology, a peer-reviewed scientific journal.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
ALas!

clear evidence that Aliens exist, and we have proof. This could be the best solid evidence that Aliens indeed exist, so debunkers try your best to debunk this one, because i think it is impossible to do so. like one comment say's,

"Its mathematically impossible for earth to be the only place in the universe where life exists!"

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by WinnieDaWho

I don't think many people would try debunk the idea of alien life, in an infinite universe thats absurd. I think what people have a problem with is David Ike and his ilk pushing their book and DVD driven Niburu and Lizard shape shifting non-sense.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

edit on 6/3/11 by Imhotepsol because: duplicate post.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

This is only the 12th thread on this topic in the last 24 hours....I can't wait to see more!!

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Imhotepsol

Of course, now that they can't debunk alien life they're gonna find new targets and new lame excuses to prove that, after all, they weren't wrong...Some of them have been saying extraterrestrial life may exist, but not on Earth. Hey! It's there! Wake up! This is where their abilities at debunking will have to be shown...

Now that we have found that extraterrestrial bacterias can travel in space, give them an Earth-like planet, and let's see how life will evolve there. 100% of chances intelligent life exists somewhere else.

I don't know why this is not in MSM. I mean, this does look like a planned disclosure, so I would expect it to make it to the news...

Oh! and...S&F, even though it was posted yesterday
(not playing the thread police here...)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Gab1159

If it was part of a planned exposure they wouldn't have made that mess up over the announcement of arsenic based life forms.

As for Aliens on Earth, there's a very good chance that us and everything on this planet were seeded by Panspermia to begin with, which would make us Alien life technically.

I do support debunkers as a general rule because they're needed to counter-ballance spurious believers who can be convinced by a single forum headline. Debunking also serves the process of advancement by ensuring that proof and evidence for new finds is properly researched. Eventually if something is truth we have to accept it but until something has been absolutely proven beyond a shadow of a doubt it is probably better to err on the side of caution and scepticism than to blindly believe what your being told by anyone, mainstream or not.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imhotepsol
reply to post by Gab1159

I do support debunkers as a general rule because they're needed to counter-ballance spurious believers who can be convinced by a single forum headline. Debunking also serves the process of advancement by ensuring that proof and evidence for new finds is properly researched. Eventually if something is truth we have to accept it but until something has been absolutely proven beyond a shadow of a doubt it is probably better to err on the side of caution and scepticism than to blindly believe what your being told by anyone, mainstream or not.

Well yeah, I get your point. I meant to say aggressive pseudo-debunkers debunking for the sake of trolling...
Good debunkers are needed, of course. I mean, debunkers debunking for the sake of truth that is...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Imhotepsol

First off: I'm all about critical thinking and I fully encourage critical thinking and debate...however...as long as we're being told the truth and it doesn't turn us all to zombies...I don't see much room for argument.

Debunk...don't debunk...it doesn't really matter in this case.

It's just a cool moment...it's historic.

Think about how the people would have flipped out in the 1950's about something like this....it would have been front page news for weeks.
Can't we just appreciate that the next step to exploring the universe around us has been taken and move on from there. Why do we have to argue semantics?

Alien life definitely exists and now it's just a matter of how complicated it can get...which judging from the selection here on earth it can definitely get pretty complicated...for example: Humans

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by coldkidc

You make a good point. Why is this not flagged to death and all over MSM? It's not 100% sure yet, but to me it almost is...This sure does look historic.

I talked about it to my parents today and they were like 'Yeah, that's cool (turns on the TV, Dancing With The Stars (or whatever)). I mean, have they became emotionless? :O

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
People who needed this to accept that their is life out there. Need a big f***'n slap in the face. It's not that hard to figure out. I mean come on if you were sitting on pins and needles waiting for this. Then you should be put on a poster board for all the world to see what a zombie looks like.

Sorry but good gravy. Any scare crow know life is out there. Or they should if not maybe they need to go see the wizard.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DisturbedToo

This is only the 12th thread on this topic in the last 24 hours....I can't wait to see more!!

Sorry, I searched the topics with the phrase "NASA scientist finds evidence of alien life" and nothing came up, sorry please delete mods if necessary.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I'm a believer in life outside the earth, but I'm also a bit of a contrarian. So when nearly everybody in a post says, this can't be questioned, the devil comes by and asks me to be his advocate.

Aliens exist, and we have proof.

Hoover discovered the fossils by breaking apart the CI1 meteorite, and analyzing the exposed rock with a scanning-electron microscope and a field emission electron-scanning microscope, which allowed him to detect any fossil remains. What he found were fossils of micro-organisms (pictured below), many of which he says are strikingly similar to those found on our own planet (pictured above).

“The exciting thing is that they are in many cases recognizable and can be associated very closely with the generic species here on earth,” said Hoover. Some of the fossils, however, are quite odd. “There are some that are just very strange and don’t look like anything that I’ve been able to identify, and I’ve shown them to many other experts that have also come up stump.”

It makes me wonder if these are just earth organisms which were knocked off by a meteor and sent into space on a very long trip during which some mutated.

Needless to say, if Hoover's conclusions are found to be accurate, the implications for human life will be staggering. Here's hoping that he's right.

One, I don't know why they'd be staggering. And two, I'd like a little less cheering for one side in a news story.

Update: While the Journal of Cosmology says that “no other paper in the history of science has undergone such a thorough vetting,” some highly respected names in the scientific community are challenging the validity of Cosmology, and the findings of Dr. Hoover.

“[The Journal of Cosmology] isn’t a real science journal at all,” says PZ Meyers in Science Blogs, “but is the ginned-up website of a small group of crank academics obsessed with the idea of Hoyle and Wickramasinghe that life originated in outer space and simply rained down on Earth.”

So there you have it — this is either reality-altering news, or the work of kooks. Our hearts believe, but our brains are kind of bummed.

Ooops, credibility is going to be a problem, I see.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

what a crock of sh# NASA knew about this in 1981 so why the hell is it coming out in to the public arena now? I mean what about the people who tried to get the message across years ago Sagan,Crick, Haramein have all mentioned panspermia and yet back then it fell on deaf ears until now. Very worrying indeed, it makes you wonder what will be next. What on earth can NASA's agenda be?
edit on 7-3-2011 by franspeakfree because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-3-2011 by franspeakfree because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Update:

NASA distance itself from the scientist who discovers the microbes.

news.yahoo.com...-container

According to NASA the microbes may be due to contamination from humans.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
i know what you mean but there is a 100% chance of aliens existing

al·ien    /ˈeɪlyən, ˈeɪliən/ Show Spelled[eyl-yuhn, ey-lee-uhn] Show IPA –noun 1. a resident born in or belonging to another country who has not acquired citizenship by naturalization ( distinguished from citizen). 2. a foreigner. 3. a person who has been estranged or excluded. 4. a creature from outer space; extraterrestrial. –adjective 5. residing under a government or in a country other than that of one's birth without having or obtaining the status of citizenship there. 6. belonging or relating to aliens: alien property. 7. unlike one's own; strange; not belonging to one: alien speech. 8. adverse; hostile; opposed (usually followed by to or from ): ideas alien to modern thinking. 9. extraterrestrial.

but can people please say extraterrestrial. so of course there are aliens but extraterrestrial why wouldnt there we can not be the only life form/s in the gallixy

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by THEwTRUTH
i know what you mean but there is a 100% chance of aliens existing

al·ien    /ˈeɪlyən, ˈeɪliən/ Show Spelled[eyl-yuhn, ey-lee-uhn] Show IPA –noun 1. a resident born in or belonging to another country who has not acquired citizenship by naturalization ( distinguished from citizen). 2. a foreigner. 3. a person who has been estranged or excluded. 4. a creature from outer space; extraterrestrial. –adjective 5. residing under a government or in a country other than that of one's birth without having or obtaining the status of citizenship there. 6. belonging or relating to aliens: alien property. 7. unlike one's own; strange; not belonging to one: alien speech. 8. adverse; hostile; opposed (usually followed by to or from ): ideas alien to modern thinking. 9. extraterrestrial.

but can people please say extraterrestrial. so of course there are aliens but extraterrestrial why wouldnt there we can not be the only life form/s in the gallixy

Because Ats rules states that the original title from the news must be placed at the subject of the created thread

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by WinnieDaWho

ALas!

clear evidence that Aliens exist, and we have proof.

Not so fast.

Did you really think NASA would let this one stand?

I'm sorry, but even alien bacteria DOES NOT EXIST!

Phages perhaps, but not bacteria.

Please get it through your head, there's no alien life ANYWHERE IN THE UNIVERSE.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Okayyy...so aliens exist....now what??

Nothing is going to change...

join