It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Haber Family - Looking to make a John Titor film perhaps?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Purely speculation here but a little background on me and this topic: There's very little
.. forgive me if THIS particular line of discussion has some how been discussed before, I know John and theories have been.. but this is hopefully a different line of discussion.

I never really paid much attention to the John Titor stuff even as it was happening in real time back in 2000 and 2001 ( or as far back as 1998 if you include the faxes ) .. so the topic just caught my attention and I started reading up.

I read about the ENTERTAINMENT lawyer Larry Haber who apparently owns all commercial rights to John Titor, and I heard the allegations that John Titor may in fact be Larry's brother.. another theory is that John Titor is Larry's son who would be about age 23 now, that would make him 12 when this all started so I don't put much weight on that particular theory..

However, to get to the point.. I found a youtube account that has been out there for a little while called whereisjohntitor: www.youtube.com...

This is a group of guys who go out and try to find as much information on John as possible.. it started off in part 1 where they try to track down the PO box that hoaxhunter claimed was proof that Larry's brother was John Titor.. they went there and the po box didn't exist .. so it looked like they were debunking the debunker, that's the feeling I got right away..

It continues on and they find two desserted offices of Larry and decide to call him up, they leave a voice mail and Larry responds and even agrees to an interview.. that surprised me, why would he? you know he's been hounded for years.. why would he sit down with these people?

Nevertheless they sit down with Larry, Larry's Son and Larry's Brother.. the interview was not hard hitting at all, it looked like it was just a sounding board for Larry more than anything else.. they ask internet questions basically and Larry answers.. very verbosely but without giving any useful details .. He tries to downplay his brother's technical ability... for instance, his brother said he is in the IT industry, he's been in the field for years and he programs.. Larry then cuts him off at one point and said no the real genius is my son, my brother does stuff like fix computers, get passwords for people and make basic web sites.. THAT made me feel more than anything that his brother IS in fact "John Titor" ( the poster ) and that Larry was trying to divert idea away.. he pointed back to his son as being the capable one but then pointed out his age.. making it not really possible..

Another thing in this interview is they mention a departure video that John's mom apparently filmed, Larry indicated that he only saw two minutes of it but that John's mom hasn't released it yet and that when he asks her about it she says "Soon, not now but soon" .. yet on another site ( johntitor.com ) there's a letter from John's mom that says she sent the video to several people and they decided not to release it for whatever reason.. So Larry's statement doesn't really jive ..

After the interview the guys talk about how they make no money off this and they are just doing this for "us" the internet crowd.. but then later in the series they talk about a documentary they are making, asking for money.. and the tone changes entirely.. smaller, teaser style videos.. they also point out the johntitorfoundation.com site changed and they found this sort of puzzle linking the book, the site and the posts together ( they "mysteriously" got sent a copy of this $800 book from Omaha by the way ) .. they also mention there's a film that's been made and they interview the actor who plays John Titor.. a film that was never released..

So this at the END of all that made it seem to me like there's a current attempt at viral marketing which all links back again to Larry Haber and family.. my personal hunch is that Larry tried to spark something back in 2000, he did apparently try to pitch a radio show back then about the John Titor story which never took off.. it seemed like he was doing an early sort of "Blair Witch" marketing on forums for this story, get it hyped and then monetize it .. some people got too close and were busting holes in the physics and it was let to die down.. now years later it seems like they are moving forward again with the hype.. they've updated the foundation site and Kay ( johns supposed mom ) has released a note from her Son indicating there are in fact two John's that have visited.. the foundation site has cryptic stuff on it ..

Yes this is a long winded post, it's late and I have a full week ahead so I wanted to get this out there so people could throw in their two cents on what they make of this? .. i don't for one minute buy into the Titor story as truth, there's too many flaws with the science behind his claims, too many failed predictions and just too much circumstantial evidence pointing to it being a hoax, the question is, what do you think they are up to right now?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
you know I use to believe Titor as a fake. However since too many people nowadays are calling for a civil war here I'm starting to take him seriously

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Wikipedia

Inquiry on the story

An Italian TV programme (Voyager - Ai confini della conoscenza) aired an investigation of the John Titor story on May 19, 2008.[25] Mike Lynch, the private detective hired to investigate, found that there were no registry traces, even far in the past, of any John Titor or Titor family. In addition, the John Titor Foundation had no office and its address is a rented post box; no tapes, recordings, or evidence of Titor were found; and only Larry Haber (an advocate and owner of the commercial rights about all concerns involving John Titor) confirmed his existence. Lynch's conclusion is that John Titor may be John Rick Haber, a computer expert who is or was Larry Haber's brother.

edit on 6-3-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

Well Titor predicted a civil war in 2005, he's a little off if that's to be believed..

He also predicted no more olympics after 2004

He also predicted ( via fax to Art Bell ) that Y2K would be a horrible disaster ..

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
That would be the coolest idea ever if they don’t add (Hollywoodism) in it.

Second line...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

well there are theories that he made a deliberately make a mistake in order to throw off the government but I can't remember where I find the link

Here are links about the possibility of civil war

www.opednews.com...

answers.yahoo.com...

blogs.alternet.org...

search google for second american civil war for more links

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

Well then that means he deliberately made a lot of mistakes, including the civil war inaccuracy ..

Also the things he mentioned that impressed people at the time weren't actually that impressive..

1. IBM 5100's hidden capabilities that he came back in time specifically for were not so hidden/secret .. they were published and known about before Titor was posting..

2. He mentioned Ginger/IT ( Dean Kamen's Segway ) but the Patent had been filed and publically available long before Titor mentioned it, and apparently Disney was planning/in talks to use them at their parks.. this is important because at that time, Larry Haber was working with Disney as a universal studio's lawyer .. he would probably have some insider info.. also one of the first places IT was unvailed was in Celebration Florida, right where Haber had his offices

There's again too much pointing to Haber being behind it all .. all of Titor's failed predictions plus the "future" information he revealed actually being information that was readilly available if you knew where to look.. doesn't seem impressive anymore.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Just make a damn movie already,

This is the best viral marketing campaign ever made, even if it wasn't intended.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Buying into the situation for the moment, its entirely possible he was right, yet wrong at the same time. He said it himself that when he goes back in time, it creates a new time line.

So its possible that their is an alternate timeline where his predicitions occured. Its possible it did not occur in our timeline because this is the line he exposed the future, thereby changing it for us.

Reverse cause and effect. The moment he made it to our timeline, he had already changed it before opening his mouth.

top topics

join