It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

13 year old kid starts own political party

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
www.bing.com... 01

this kid creates his own political party because of how politics have fallen apart in the world now a days. I personally agree with this kid's belief of politics being people getting the job done first, everything else second.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
i wonder how many votes he will be getting next election. oh well at least he wont be my presendent.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by THEwTRUTH
i wonder how many votes he will be getting next election. oh well at least he wont be my presendent.

he's not old enough to run for president, personally though I would've had a proxy do the talking for me about this party.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
He's definitely got the right idea, now if only more people could start thinking on their own without having the need to be told what to vote for and what to believe in. Seems that 13 year olds are smarter than adults now.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I'm not sure how this is going to affect the nation. I think it's just a publicity stunt that will lose its purpose or even end the "party" quite abruptly. The kid has a good motive, but I believe his age is really going to hold him back. Not that it bothers me, but based on experience, people usually don't think they need to listen to someone younger than them.

Here's a Pledge that Americans used to understand: "ONE NATION, under God, INDIVISIBLE, with liberty and justice for ALL."

Maybe a new political party isn't what we need. Maybe, just maybe, we should stand up and say "I'm not a Republican. I'm not a Democrat. I AM AN AMERICAN!
edit on 6-3-2011 by Gizawski because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I saw this kids video on msnbc this morning just from the sound of his voice you can tell his balls havent dropped yet. This kid needs to worry more about growing up and maybe someday getting laid, leave the polotics to the people who can atleast vote. Hes a kid he needs to be enjoying it while it lasts in 5 more years that kid is gonna be in for a rude awakening.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
This kid probably has more common sense than many of the bozos we have in office right now.

Of course...he'd be much easier to pay off. Give him a PS3 and you've got him wrapped around your finger..lol.

Joking aside...I think it's good that someone his age wants to make the world a better place....especially when there are so many out there who do nothing but promote hate and fear.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by lokdog

It's criticism and mindless demeaning like this that prevents our country from moving forward. Going back to my previous post, just because he is younger than you doesn't mean he has less of a right to speak his mind. Maybe the kid is taking on a more adult role because other Americans aren't. I think it's incredibly ridiculous that you took time out of your day to belittle a thirteen year old who is trying to prevent destruction to his country.

It's just as bad as the new anchor who blatantly disregarded the kid's words and asked "So, are you a republican or democrat?"

It seems to me that you are the one that needs to grow up.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Gizawski

Demean hell i just told the truth is all, you think some 13 year old kid is gonna save America? You both should get checked into a good mental health facality as soon as possible. As far as people like me being the problem i think people like me are the solution were called realists. You and this kid honestly think there could ever be a 3rd party in the USA? You both need to step out of fantasy land for a little bit, trust me its for your own good.If Ross Perot couldnt create a legitimate 3rd then this kid has no chance in hell of getting it done.So why feed his delusions sometimes the truth hurts but its the best medicine for him.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by locololo

Originally posted by THEwTRUTH

he's not old enough to run for president, personally though I would've had a proxy do the talking for me about this party.

He could just say he is old enough. That should be sufficient right?

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
He's got a good start as a politician; He just spent four minutes saying absolutely nothing of substance, while displaying a mild dissatisfaction towards some very generalized unspecified vague thing.

While it's good that a kid that young is taking an interest in politics, it's pretty clear to me he doesn't actually know what's going on with it. The idea that problems will magically get fixed if only we set aside party differences ins pretty naive. "Partisan bickering" isn't the problem; the actual problem is far, far deeper than that silliness.

Nice Skype advertisement.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by lokdog

Just because he isn't able to vote doesn't mean he doesn't have a voice. In all "actuality", his voice is greater than yours, greater than mine. He's on the news, not us, and his point is being heard. It doesn't seem like he knows what he wants, or even if he understands it all, but he does show interest in reforming America. I believe that his intent is purposeful, yet without adult intervention, it's futile.

You might be being a "realist", but the reality is it's not the 90's. A lot of things have changed since that time, for instance, we're in a different millennium, and if that doesn't phase you, then how about a different century? What are you waiting for, do you think change will occur overnight? I'm sure you also know Democrats and Republicans weren't the only political parties ever in US history, and they sure as heck didn't start yesterday.

Also, why do you think he should wait 5 years, then step into politics. That's what's happened previously to our country... we wait until it's too late. This kid stepped up to try to make a difference, he might not know the best way, but unless you try, you don't know what you can or cannot do. If this is doing anything for the country, it's showing that even kids, who don't understand, know that there needs to some adjustments to our current government.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gizawski
I'm not sure how this is going to affect the nation. I think it's just a publicity stunt that will lose its purpose or even end the "party" quite abruptly. The kid has a good motive, but I believe his age is really going to hold him back. Not that it bothers me, but based on experience, people usually don't think they need to listen to someone younger than them.

Here's a Pledge that Americans used to understand: "ONE NATION, under God, INDIVISIBLE, with liberty and justice for ALL."

Maybe a new political party isn't what we need. Maybe, just maybe, we should stand up and say "I'm not a Republican. I'm not a Democrat. I AM AN AMERICAN!
edit on 6-3-2011 by Gizawski because: (no reason given)

agreed, his problem was that he revealed him heel to early in the game. If I were him I would've had a proxy, or something along those lines convey my messages, not reveal this little fact to anyone, because this can be used to say against him, "he is young and naive, and manipulative we say his party be demolished" or "he is too young to vote, and there is some law that prevents him from holding any office in this party, effectively meaning it be removed."

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Gizawski

Sure i'll give you the kid has a noble idea, its just not realistic. For the last umpteen years both parties have been so busy jerymandering the congressional districts that it is impossible for a 3rd party in this day and age to succeed. My main point is if the kid or anyone else wants to enact real change it has to be done from the inside, personally i think campaign finance reform is the best bet. He should be a realist about these things the whole 3rd party idea is just pissing in the wind, you beat the beast from the inside thats where everyones efforts should be placed.

PS: Were not going to get our govt. back till we have publicly funded campaigns with our 2 party system, thats just realty.

new topics

top topics

join