It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm a Christian I'm not violent/fundamentalist. Tell me I'm lying!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Qcuailon
reply to post by Skate

Love it. Saw it in both. Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. When I saw this thread, I clicked on it just to see if you had gotten there yet.

Ahhhhh...

That's good stuff.

Haha thanks. Nice to know people love my posts. Star for you sir for appreciating my dirty business

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by ArchIlluminatus

The only reason you're calling my thread absurd, is because you can't accept the fact that there is a Muslim speaking out against radical Islam. I should edit my OP and put your name in it as one of the people who ASK for a muslim to speak up, and THEN call him a liar!

Well straight out, who called you a lair to prompt you to start your thread? name them and target them specifically without starting arguments with others members who did not call you liar! Make sense?

link   

The only reason you're calling my thread absurd, is because you can't accept the fact that there is a Muslim speaking out against radical Islam. I should edit my OP and put your name in it as one of the people who ASK for a muslim to speak up, and THEN call him a liar!

Well straight out, who called you a lair to prompt you to start your thread? name them and target them specifically without starting arguments with others members who did not call you liar! Make sense?

link   

Well straight out, who called you a lair to prompt you to start your thread? name them and target them specifically without starting arguments with others members who did not call you liar! Make sense? lets see what you got!
edit on 6-3-2011 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

No it is not perception, in the non Christian that claims to be Christian it is deception not perception. They are deceiving themselves or are just mindless and do not know what they believe and just regurgitate what they have been told like good sheep. And yes my cry baby comment was tactless as I do not have an agenda and was at a lack of phrases/words to describe the situation.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Qcuailon
reply to post by Target Earth

Um...really? I'll give you a few examples of those of evil practicing your faith.

1. Timothy McVeigh...Christian (or claimed to be). Blows up Oaklahoma Federal Building=Terrorism.
2. George Bush=Christian (or claims to be). Legalizes torture and begins two unjustified wars. Thou shalt not kill...Period.
3. Dick Cheney=Christian (or claims to be). The guy is so evil that he shot one of his own "friends" in the face with a shotgun and got that guy to apologize to HIM on national television. Imagine the types of cruelties that he signed off on.
4.Abortion clinic bombers=always Christian (or claim to be)
5.Adolf Hitler=Roman Catholic/Christian. Did far worse than just decapitate people and he did it slow.
6. Need I remind you of the peaceful and loving Christians that existed before the "Civil Rights Act" of 1964? Should I give you a lesson on the "Jim Crow Laws?" Should I remind you of the state of this country BEFORE the Jim Crow laws?
7.Crusades
8.Inquisitions
9. Should I remind you what Christians are doing right now in the name of WAR in Iraq and Afghanistan? But of course, you don't get to see all of that. You're right here in America complaining about Islam and are hardly even exposed to it enough to know how they operate.
10. The Vatican, present and past- I don't even need to get into it.

And no, we don't CURRENTLY stone women when they have affairs...you're right. But, we used to burn them to a stake and call them witches when they had the NERVE to go out at night by themselves. And tell me, how often does a woman actually get justice when she's raped in this country? How often does the rapist get away with his actions? How often do we TEAR the woman down after she's gone through the process of complaint? Nope, we don't stone them to death, we just destroy their reputations until they want to commit suicide and never trust a human male again. But you're right, we don't just get it over with quickly and murder them in the middle of the streets. What we do is arguably worse.

Despite all of that sociopathic behavior, I don't lump everyone into the same pot, and maybe you shouldn't either.

edit on 6-3-2011 by Qcuailon because: to add

edit on 6-3-2011 by Qcuailon because: to add

Look Jesus Warned of FALSE teachers, and simoney... Christians do horrible things, just like everybody else, this is fact. People who are Sick in the head sometimes use their faith to do terrible things, it happens every day. ... but speaking for myself, I am a better person because of my FAITH... and I don't remember complaining about Islam, I just stated facts. but now that you mention it, If you want intolerance to complain about, go visit a Islamic state... where you can find brutality up the ying-yang. I don't think they have even heard of the word tolerance. isn't Obama a "Christian" why didn't he make your list?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Whether or not they are a true Christian isn't the matter. They are still acting as if they are one, and in the name of God, still following the same book, etc...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArchIlluminatus
OMG people don't you read my replies. This entire thread is to show how ridiculous that one Muslim thread is.

Clearly.
And starting a thread to flame another thread is not just pointless it is against the rules of manners and decorum.
Not that I am a mod or even paying too much attention to your posts. Really fyi and for the future, which I so look forward to.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Are you kidding me with this thread?

All you did was cut/paste and replace muslim with christian.

Noticed a bunch of copycat threads. It's stupid and pointless. Apparently someone is not able to think on their own

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

I oppose violence, especially violence in the name of God.
So go ahead tell me I'm lying when I say I'm a peaceful Christian.

If "peaceful, do you approve of what was written in 2 Kings 2:23-24 and the punishment administered by God for those who dare make fun of his "prophet" Elisha?

Can you be Christian while also condemning the chronicled violence toward innocent people of your God?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by CandiceZ

Most Christians are the most closed minded people you could meet. I dont think I know of any open minded Christians.

If you ever met me and the small circle I "roll" with, you'd be surprised......

Then again ...Im a "Christian Mystic Nondualist Theosis Deification Enlightenment philosopher"

You wont find too many of "us" out there but we are out there ...in more ways than 1

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain
Nobody is calling Christians out saying their religion is one of violence.

You are copying the other fellow but you don't seem to get why he feels he needs to make that point.

He has a point. People ARE demonizing his religion.
Then they are demonizing all peoples OF that religion.

You obviously didn't listen to ATS Live last night where the owner of this very site went on a rant about Baptists in regard to WBC and basically saying they represent all Christians/Baptists which is absolutely not true-they have hijacked the "Baptist" name and are psycho bigots.There are multiple threads on this site demonizing all Christians/Conservatives/Tea Partiers/Republicans/etc etc as Nazis,racists,etc so let's stop the hypocrisy......

If people could just realize that there is both good and bad in every culture,race,organization,etc in this world things would be alot better.....

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
YOU are LYING to yourself, go figure that out.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
This is enough, don't you think?

This is not helping the situation, I don't enjoy hearing about the crusade constantly, that's been done to death, yes, yes we all know about the crusades,

Muslims don't appreciate hearing about the atrocities done in the name of their god either,

Maybe we should rectify it.

Just admit it we all suck.
stop, damn

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skippy1138
You obviously didn't listen to ATS Live last night where the owner of this very site went on a rant about Baptists in regard to WBC and basically saying they represent all Christians/Baptist...

That's not what I said, nor what I implied.

I didn't indicated "Baptists" represent all Christians, but that there are core beliefs within that splinter "sect" that represent the seeds of hate cultivated by the Westboro group. And I echoed the lament that these and other "factions" of Christianity seem to have strayed from the teachings of Jesus.

The Abrahamic religions have a root commonality beyond their God; intolerance. So long as the leaders of those religions allow the intolerance to fester, there will be topics such as these on ATS, throughout the web, and written on cave walls some years after they all have their final confrontation.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
It is now at the point of no return,

It is like a festering wound that never healed, some wont accept the role they played in this drama, few listen to reason, everyone is judgmental and critical, we all are guilty to some extent or another.

Everyone pointing the finger at everyone else, of course we all have faults,

It isn't going to stop,

This bickering back and forth is only making matters worse, it fuels the flames.

Yes we should discuss the issues, but it really isn't about issues anymore, now is it?

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by Skippy1138
You obviously didn't listen to ATS Live last night where the owner of this very site went on a rant about Baptists in regard to WBC and basically saying they represent all Christians/Baptist...

That's not what I said, nor what I implied.

I didn't indicated "Baptists" represent all Christians, but that there are core beliefs within that splinter "sect" that represent the seeds of hate cultivated by the Westboro group. And I echoed the lament that these and other "factions" of Christianity seem to have strayed from the teachings of Jesus.

The Abrahamic religions have a root commonality beyond their God; intolerance. So long as the leaders of those religions allow the intolerance to fester, there will be topics such as these on ATS, throughout the web, and written on cave walls some years after they all have their final confrontation.

People hear what they want to hear.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
... how long it will take till this part of universe will be "again" Christians and Muslims free? i hope not to long! i wish a better future for ALL UNBORN!!!

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
No i can see how one sided your trying to make this, no one has ever said 'all Christians are fundamentalists'.

Yet many people believe all or most Muslims are terrorists out to destroy the world.

Put your toys back in your pram.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain

Nobody cares.
Nobody is calling Christians out saying their religion is one of violence.

You are copying the other fellow but you don't seem to get why he feels he needs to make that point.

He has a point. People ARE demonizing his religion.
Then they are demonizing all peoples OF that religion.

What don't you get?

There is no way to prove that he actually is a Muslim in the first place more less tell if he is lying about being non-violent. Sounds like he is just trolling to get stars and flags and ATS points for people replying to his thread.

Have you seen this?

maxblumenthal.com...
Anti-Muslim hate rally summons the ghosts of Jim Crow

the Israeli flag seemed to be peeking out from a cluster of American flags that formed the backdrop for speakers including Republican Rep’s Ed Royce and Gary Miller, who both railed against the Muslim presence in Orange County. At 4:06 in the video, the crowd can be seen hectoring a Muslim couple with the chant, “We support Israel!” As even Haaretz has noticed, the Israeli flag is becoming a key symbol for a trans-Atlantic neo-fascist axis that thrives on violent resentment towards Muslim and Arab immigrants.

edit on 7-3-2011 by rusethorcain because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join