It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antarctica And The Discovery Of A 2,000-Year-Old Map

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by pryed -eyed-one

Hello and thanks pryed-eyed-one.

Atlantis is not being addressed as of yet, but I DO NOT support the theory that Antarctica was Atlantis.

In regard to Schöner's maps, his 1515 and 1524 depictions of a southern continent were based on two separate maps, that is, assuming that his 1524 depiction was based on a source map as well and not merely randomly drawn.

Schöner's 1515 design relied on a copy of a 2,000-year-old Roman world map. If Schöner relied similarly on an ancient map for his 1524 design, then he likely had access to an ancient map of Antarctica since the design most closely resembles that landmass and exceedingly so at that.

I hope this answers your questions.

-Doug

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Very nice thread .. interesting indeed S&F
now im gonna read it .. might take a while

never saw this map before .. who made it up ?
but the question is .. how ?? somebody was able to see that from space
you cant draw that huge map only from the ground

the real Atlantis is HERE
edit on 3/7/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
BRAVO
great thread
great job

very interesting to say the least
i learned a lot on this thread today
thank you

amazing job

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Doug Fisher

I have read alot of threads on this site OP and I am so grateful and relieved that you have provided us with some tantalising information for us to study.

I have always thought there is much more than meets the eye with ancient cartography and your thread has accelerated my passion to explore further. An excellent piece of writing and I/we look forward to reading more from you in the future.

Thank you.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   

a splendid body of work which i will enjoy coming back to. many thanks doug fisher. up to now the only ancient map i studied regarding antartica was the piri reis which is still considered dubious but interesting nontheless.
s and f

regards fakedirt

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Haven't had time to read it all.. But have to say good on ya.. Well researched and well presented..

S&f

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Cracking thread.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Wow! Fantastic work. I've been lurking on ATS for around 3 years and this is the most well put together thread I've seen to date, well worthy of my own first post
A very enjoyable read! Thank you

edit on 7-3-2011 by bluestones because: grammar

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Thank you for such a well done, thought-provoking thread. Once I have time to fully analyze everything, I will leave a more detailed response. Just so you know though, there's no need to be nervous about it--this far surpasses most work on ATS.

S+F

Out of pure curioisity, do you think the Earth is hollow?

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Fascinating. This is why I come to ATS, to read incredible posts like these.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
An area seldom covered and most deffinatly never covered in depth like this, your first thread. S&F although they seem vastly underated awards for the work and nerves you have put in.

I, like many will probably need to read it a couple of times to better grasp the information, although your passion for this thread shines through.

Respects to you.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

SnF x 1000000000
well done ,

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
S+F, very nice presentation.

Now assume for a moment that I have no knowledge of the mechanics of ice accumulation, or of any dating methods involved.

Is there any way that our scientists could be wrong about the age of the ice sheet? The dating methods are probably well established, but is there some sort of fringe theory which could account for the ice appearing to 34 million years older than it actually is?

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

All I can say is wow. Double thumbs out to you Doug. I loved reading it all very fascinating.

Keep up the good work. I look forward to reading what slayer has to say as well.

Thanks again for all your efforts.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Fascinating!
I'll be going over this one several times. Very well done.
Thank you!

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
"Old Antarctica Maps" is the thread Ive always wanted to make, but I never found enough evidence. You have. Congratulations. Awesome Presentation!!!

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Wow!!!!! Excellent job...

You see this is why I will not let me AAA membership expire....

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Doug,

Thank you very much for what proved to be an absolutely fascinating read and a really well put together thread.

You mentioned that this was your first thread here and that you were a bit nervous. It is my hope that we'll see more threads from you on ATS in the future.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
The most amazing first thread I've seen here (no offense to anyone else!)
You make a great case and build it with all available evidence and follow with your conclusions.
It;s work such as yours that keeps ATS at the top.
First class detective work sir

Very nicely done

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Brilliant read, only read a little.
It would be good to see some debate now on the topic.
It is one of the best constructed threads I have seen, and for that brilliant. 10/10 my friend.

But let the debate begin,,,,,,

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join