It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Four time bombs that will blow up Wall Street

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

You are very right, and we all know how most hijacking's end in real life.It is at the end and all means have seemed to be exhausted, I remember in Iraq I used to keep a "special" grenade on me at all times, in case things got to a irreversible point, kind of wish I still had it.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
excuse this response should it be as daft as i might expect... but 4 time-bombs? where does that part come in?

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDeadFlagBlues

Page 2 of the article:

Today we have four hot time bombs, tick-ticking, soon to make history; any one can easily accelerate the revolution that’s already killing Wall Street from within.

1. Wealth gap: Super-Rich vs class wars, death of democracy

The gap: In one generation, America’s wealthiest 1% has exploded from 9% to 23% of America’s income, while middle-class income has stagnated. Even Buffett admits: “There’s class warfare, all right, but it’s my class, the rich class, that’s making war, and winning.”

But my rich friend tells the real story, of their social disconnect. The rich just don’t care. They live in a different world, live by a self-centered code lacking a moral compass. The public welfare is honored only if supported by tax benefits.

The wealth gap is widening and soon something unpredictable will ignite a Wall Street revolution.

2. Wall Street’s doomsday capitalism vs rule by anarchy

A key Supreme Court decision accelerated and codified Wall Street’s ability to use billions stolen from taxpayers to lobby Washington and solidify its power, all for its own self-interest, through campaign payola, senators’ votes, presidential access, manipulation of regulators, grabbing tax benefits, etc. And it’s every man and woman for themselves.

Don’t believe it? Know this, democracy is dead and you’re in denial. Wall Street CEOs and Forbes 400 billionaires are either engaged in a secret conspiracy, or a classic anarchy picking apart America, oblivious of the fact they are setting up the next big revolution.

3. Pentagon’s perpetual war machine vs America’s budget time bomb

The mathematics of our $75 trillion Social Security and Medicare deficits often seem insurmountable, but can be recalibrated. However, the war-loving mindset of America’s neocons — fueled by China’s military actions, the insatiable expansion of our military spending and a Pentagon prediction that global population growth — is putting more and more pressure on the world’s scarce resources, and will, in turn, increase global wars and the demand for more war spending, increasing the risk of sudden revolutions everywhere.

4. Global population explosion vs resources, jobs, better lifestyles

As the world population explodes from 7 billion to 10 billion in the next generation, the demand for more jobs and the pressure on scarce resources will increase, while expectations will fall as the ratio of haves to have-nots increases, making the world all around Wall Street a burning powder keg setting up a revolution.

Bottom line: Forget jailing Wall Street’s dictators. It’s naïve and too late. We missed that opportunity. But a revolution will do the trick, give us a second chance to jail the crooks.

Until then, remember, these four factors are building to a head, merging into a critical mass that will accelerate into a revolution and destroy Wall Street from within: The widening wealth gap, capitalism’s new rule-by-anarchy, the high cost of feeding the Pentagon’s costly war machine, and the huge global population explosion.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonTattooz
So, if we are bankrupt, where do we go to file? Brussels? The UN? I think Chapter 7 and a big finger to China is exactly what we need. Let's hit the reset button.

hahahaha exactly. What will china do besides?

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
This was an awesome article...Unfortunately its probably 100% true and we are indeed heading into this darkest of voids with nothing more than the fading light of our dying glory within this changing paradigm...May God shed light upon those who deserve it...And strike those who would steal from the mouths of His children...

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
No doubt we're heading toward an Egyptian/Greek/Libyan/etc. rebellion on a nationwide basis. But not until we hit rock bottom - when all is totally lost. That's when the gov't will slap on Martial Law and do what Quadaffi in Libya is doing - the PTB will NOT want to lose power, no matter what and they have planned well.

Unlike these other countries in revolt, Americans are heavily armed and I wouldn't doubt if the PTB let Americans just kill Americans. Basically have Americans do the work for them. It will be Hell on earth here because when oil is unaffordable, healthcare is unaffordable, and food is unaffordable, not to mention the homeless rate, it will be nieghbor against neighbor, brother against brother. Morbid as that sounds, this is what happens when systems collapse and all is lost - it comes down to human nature and survival.

Because the American people have allowed all of the country's systems and institutions to become so extremely corrupt for so long, in a way you can't pin all the blame on the oligarchical power structure. Afterall, the Founding Fathers warned about our current predicament and to be viligant to ensure it never occurs.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by xBWOMPx

Originally posted by DragonTattooz
So, if we are bankrupt, where do we go to file? Brussels? The UN? I think Chapter 7 and a big finger to China is exactly what we need. Let's hit the reset button.

Our whole country in general needs to reset and make laws to never let private bankers control our monetary policy and put the blood of patriots and tyrants in the offices and get rid of the leaders we have today. If we would have martial law and police force fighting against the citizens so these leaders can stay in office the terrorist have trained some of there own to terrorize there own people. We need to send all our corrupt to 3rd world countries and deny their citizenship, get out of all countries and restart ours and worry about ourselves. Kinda hard to take care of other countries when we cant even take care of our own.

I say it is time for Humanity as a whole to take over this planet and create abundance for all. It can be done. Please read my threads, The End of Entropy and The Ethical Planetarian Party Platform, linked in my sig.

I offer non-violent, information and Interweb driven solutions. Thank you.
edit on 3/7/2011 by Amaterasu because: typo

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

It's difficult to decide who is worse. The Wall Street bankers who have created this problem, the corrupt politicians and congressmen who helped them obtain their goals, or the populace who stood idly while they did so? It's time to stop just discussing this issue and to do somthing about it, it's time to stop allowing the machine to lead the world to distruction, it's time to stop demonizing unions and teachers, it's time to act.

I've been hearing sentiments like this for quite a while now.

The paragraph quoted above has made me extreamly angry.

I take issue with the phrase "or the populace who stood idly while.."

The populace has been harder and harder,
ever since the Fed was installed,
and we've been getting poorer
and poorer. So we work
harder and harder.
Which makes
us poorer.

See, one never could, and still can't get the public to "stood idly"
while big things are going on, but a very busy and focused public
has to rely on their representatives to look out for them, as they
don't have access or time to do it themselves.

So, since the only problem I see here,
is ignorant hearsay diatribes like the paragraph above,
let's look at what is really being criticized here.

In the paragraph we have

'created'
'corrupt'
'idly'

Corrupt is something that happens after, idly is something that happens during,
and created is something that happens before.

So which is it!?
Do we have a problem,
did we have a problem,
or will we have a problem?

And why are you using categories that your owners have raised you with.
Politician, Bankers, and People... what does that even mean?
Are we talking about real solutions, or watching the sock puppets of categories and labels.

How about we blame these three types of people instead.
1) Late for work
    People are bad about this sometimes
    Bank owners are almost impossible to find at the work place
    and Politicians have never (not even once accidentally) been on time.

Here are three new categories. Late people, late bankers, and late politicians. You think I'm joking don't you. But what if we took our 7,000,000,000,000,000 (quadrillion) deficit and made the people listed above pay for it by dividing it up equally over all the offenders.

Now which of our two approaches do we think stands a snowballs chance on the sun of actually affecting the deficit.

Writting the paragraph quoted at top, and screaming the word Bankruptcy a lot

-or-

Making our lists and categories designed to actually solve the underlying problems.

David Grouchy

p.s. I'm too angry to spell check, grrrrr

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

Your mmmkays are useless and makes you appear as if you're watching too much TV. You're not Jim Carrey and no one is laughing anymore.

We need to get as many of these criminals as we can and choke it out from where it started. So, if criminals are still alive and running around even after the fact, they need to be punished.

MMMMMkay???

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
100 years in the making, set up to fall.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join