It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did " God" have a female Partner ? Yahweh and his consort Asherah !!!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
To the OP.
The concept of monotheism did NOT start with the Israelites or the people who lived in that region.
What would have happened is that the ancient people of the middle east added their own twists on the idea of God, and ascribed partners to Him.

Again, when I say "Him", its not to say that God is male, because He is the creator of male and female and is naturally beyond gender.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
There is also some evidence that the Catholic church demoted Mary Magdalane from Jesus's most trusted and devoted desciple to bit part whore! They definitely have something against women. Maybe it's because they like young boy's so much, who knows?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Uncle Gravity

Very droll

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uncle Gravity
There is also some evidence that the Catholic church demoted Mary Magdalane from Jesus's most trusted and devoted desciple to bit part whore! They definitely have something against women. Maybe it's because they like young boy's so much, who knows?

When a Spartan woman got married to a Spartan soldier, her trousseau included having her hair cut into a boyish style and adopting male costume. Same thing evidently. The Spartan soldiers so used to loving one another, had to be gradually brought around to the idea of a lady and her bits. Beligerency and sexual segregation go hand in hand, for the male contingent, that has always (since the development of the 'city'), involved 'man-boy' love. The sodomising of young boys does appear to be a part of the brutalisation or initiation into such 'cults'. Or so the evidence would suggest.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
good thread

this is the kinda stuff I come here to read when I am not ranting aginst the Governmrnt, police, FBI, TSA, CIA, ATF, Republicans, Democrats, Non-Bikers, People without Tattoos, Women who arent strippers, Taxes, and last but not least....DEA.

Dont know enough history to chime in but it has been an interesting read.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by lastrebel
good thread

this is the kinda stuff I come here to read when I am not ranting aginst the Governmrnt, police, FBI, TSA, CIA, ATF, Republicans, Democrats, Non-Bikers, People without Tattoos, Women who arent strippers, Taxes, and last but not least....DEA.

Dont know enough history to chime in but it has been an interesting read.

Thank You Lastrebel. Sometimes I think that ranting against government and anything political related is a waist

I also made an interesting thread about some enigmatic discovery in Bucegi Mountains Romania in 2003 stuff you do not see often on ATS

www.abovetopsecret.com...

or

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Since I posted in a duplicate thread, I'm just going to add my post to this one.

We are a Family, and the Heavenly Family, Father and Mother, is mirrored in ours. But what isn't mentioned is in Quantum Infinity, there are two hallmarks, no measurements ie No Time, no bigger/smaller, higher/lower, past/present except as perceptions. And no singularities.

It has a lot of implications for deep thinkers and here is a very good look at reality from ET_MAN and his nde and experiences. And from another poster, Magician's Apprentice:

After reviewing some of the below articles and videos, use your imagination than stop and think a little bigger and imagine other advanced galactic civilizations out there hundreds of millions of years ahead of earth technology. Than try to imagine yet other civilizations far more advanced than those beyond this galaxy some of which are let's say billions of years ahead of earth technology (It's always easier to imagine something when using numbers, time-frames and calculations. -) I realize this may not mean much for some of you but then try to imagine yet other more advanced civilizations beyond gazillions of Galaxies out there – Eventually if one steps out of this 'infinite' inwards Universe they catch up with the EU's or (Extra-universals) outside of this universe/system/creation/technology beyond all human understanding – The Designers/Creators of this universal system that not only created it but parented all life throughout the entire 'Infinite' inwards universe/creation/technology with unimaginable channels/stations/dimensions/realities/existences and so on.....

This intelligence/Consciousness/Awareness or 'Soul' is not of the same material as 'energy/matter' and is only temporally occupying the physical body that's made up of 'energy/matter' but YOU the 'soul' are not the Vehicle/Body/Vessel or 'Energy/Matter' but something else, however while occupying the vehicle/body/vessel or your seemingly physical body - you are the driver of it controlling the human brain/mind that controls the rest of the physical body (metaphorically speaking) like a driver that drives a vehicle with the gas peddle/breaks/steering-wheel, controls and so on.

Infinity and some general information +^_^+ PART 1

Infinity and Link between time +^_^+ PART 2 of the Infinity Post

Fractal Mathematical Rabbit Hole

Here is the thing. Infinite Fractals are a good metaphor. But.....its all at once! There is no time, infinity and all of our future path, the infinite roll of film of our lives are all at once.

And there is not One Fractal there, in Infinity you have Infinite Fractals All At Once!

We have Mother/Father, Great Aunts/Great Uncles, Great Grandmother/Great Grandfather/ and so on and so on and so on and so on and so on, in Infinite Progression, once we pass the tests to learn Love, Peace and Equality in this cosmic school.
edit on 21-3-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Uncle Gravity

I don't think they demoted her but follow what was in the Bible. There could be three different ways of looking at this.

1) Mary M. was a whore and this shows how anyone can be saved if they truly are apologetic.
2) The Bible was mistranslated
3) The Catholic church has something against women

I personally don't think the Catholic Church has something against women they are just ignorant. If people truly believe others are below them than that is ignorance not really anything against them. They may still go home and love their wives but they have a certain image which they believe in their head.

I think however that the Bible was heavily mistranslated. Remember the writing was a different era than the translating. Words could have various meanings in the writer's times. With the evolution of language you get a more complex word system which narrows down your meanings. They didn't have as much words as we do today which leaves me to believe that many words are mistranslated.

I also believe that Mary's story was there to show that Jesus forgives everyone. Jesus says that he didn't come for the good people but he came to help the sinners.

The thing that boggles my mind is that would God have a partner? It would make sense because spending an infinite amount of time alone would be pretty boring. Perhaps that is why he made us in his image and gave us free will? He separated himself from living creatures so that he can't tell what we do next? Personally, I don't know but it is very intriguing. I think it would make sense to separate yourself form the creatures you made because how interesting can it be to know the person's life before he lives it?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
It would seem that the concept of "god" predates human recorded history. When mankind learned to write and draw pictogram, actually recording his thoughts, we came up with some very creative explanations for the reality we lived in. We had to explain it back in the day as "supernatural", and therefore "god" came into existence, created by man. There are hundreds of different "gods" created by man, maybe thousands, and many different fractured belief systems telling us to believe this or believe that, or suffer these consequences. Man-made religion is about using fear as a controlling factor, way back to the Aztecs sacrificing humans, the Hebrews sacrificing lambs, etc, and if we don't do this our "god(s)" will be displeased with us. I could insert hundreds of examples, but for the sake of brevity, I'll continue.

We have an ALTERNATIVE. Please explore that link if you consider yourself agnostic, atheist, or even skeptical of modern religion. Go there if you aren't happy with your current "religion".

Yes, "god" can have a wife, sure, if it's within the realm of your imagination. The artifacts they've uncovered, of course, were the beliefs of the people at the time they were created.

Take for example this pie chart, taken from HERE.[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bc3b3c382991.gif[/atsimg]
Out of all the people living in the world, obviously the Christians are right, because they have the majority. Well, maybe Islam has something, because they are a close second. Neither of them say "god" has a wife, and that's well over 3.6 billion people that say "we don't believe in "god's" wife. They both define god as male, and supreme. The majority is right, correct?

Well, that leaves 3.1 billion other people, if you'll allow me that the current world population is 6.7 billion. That's all the other major world religions. None of them believe in "god's wife" either. All wrong. Can that really be? Is my logic flawed?

Back to the stats, in the "other" catagory, happen to be the neo-pagans.

Neo-Paganism: Neo-Paganism is an umbrella term for modern revivals of ancient ethnic and magickal traditions. These are usually polytheistic, but many Neo-Pagans consider their faith pantheistic, and many other concepts of deity can be found among Neo-Pagans as well. Subdivisions within Neo-Paganism include Wicca, Magick, Druidism, Asatru, neo-Native American religion and others. Only recently has Neo-Paganism become a movement of any significant size and visibility. Solid statistics on Neo-Paganism on a worldwide scale are essentially non-existent, but it is a rapidly growing religion/religious category. Estimates regarding its worldwide size range widely--from under one hundred thousand to over four million. Independent surveys and government-based figures are not indicative of the higher estimates provided by Neo-Pagan and Wiccan organizations, but there may be a variety of reasons for this. There are two reasons why some might argue that Neo-Paganism should not be listed as a major religion on this page: 1) It might be said that Neo-Paganism is not a single religion, but an umbrella term for many disparate religions. But upon closer examination of the movement, one finds that despite drawing upon such disparate sources as European witchcraft, Norse mythology, Druidism, and Egyptian, Greek, and Native American ancient religions, Neo-Pagans as a whole have a remarkably cohesive, identifiable culture and generally shared value set, even more so than religions such as Christianity, Islam or Judaism when taken as a whole. 2) It could also be said that Neo-Paganism could be classified as a subset of primal-indigenous religion. Though it has roots in primal ethnic religions, Neo-Paganism is something distinct, clearly drawing much of its identity from Gardnerian principles introduced in the 1930s. Neo-Paganism is distinct from the primal ethnic religions of ancient pre-industrial societies just as Buddhism has roots in, but is distinct from, Hinduism. So we are including Neo-Paganism on this list because the most recent sociological work in the field indicates it is a distinct religion, and because it is increasingly significant. There were 768,400 Neo-pagans (largest subset were Wiccans) in the U.S. in the year 2000, according to the Wiccan/Pagan Poll, conducted by the Covenant of the Goddess (CoG) beginning in late July, 1999. [Online source: www.cog.org...] Researchers may also be interested in Isaac Bonewits' succinct web page, How Many "Pagans" Are There? Bonewits identifies reasons for enumeration, difficulties in doing so, and concludes by estimating the Neopagan population at "from half a million to several million people in the USA and Canada."

I am one, in the "druids" category. We have a goddess, in tune with the op, in the fact that god has a wife. We view it as god as our father, and the mother earth sustaining us, with balance of everything in utmost importance. When the bad outweighs the good, "evil" ensues, and when they match, good = evil, there is "harmony". From my knowledge so far in this existence, good has never outweighed bad. That is what humanity wants to achieve, and the concept is permeated through every culture in terms such as "nirvana", "heaven", "paradise", "eden", and so forth. A goal to reach, but not a priority. Live this life in this multiverse, do the best you can, and.......well, that's what your own religion is for.

The christians say we'll get to heaven when jesus comes back. The muslims say that when everyone converts and the infidels are destroyed. Buddhism says when we meet our innerself. Pagans say when everyone loves one another. Ideals, for sure, but which is the right path? I'll bet god's wife would know, as women tend to be a bit wiser than men.

Story: God was bored. He asked his head angel what he should do.

The angel replied, "Take a trip to Venus."

God said, "Nah, I went there 4000 years ago, and it was cold as #."

The angel then said, "Well, how about Mercury?"

God said, "Nah, I went there 3000 years ago, and it was hotter than hell."

The angel replied, "Well, how about earth?"

God said, "Hell, no, I went there 2000 years ago, got a chick knocked up, and that planet has been &$%# 'd up ever since!"

edit on 3/21/11 by Druid42 because: fixes in grammer due to my quick typing, and added another paragraph.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
The God of the Bible wooed Israel, and married her,all the tribes of her, at Sinai. The Law given to Moses is a pre-nuptial. He even described Himself as the Husband to two sisters [Israel & Judah], something not permitted to humans in the Law, in order to make a point. Later, He divorced them both, and sent them on their way.

I am writing a book on this very subject, and I view the above as the main theme of the Bible, not personal salvation. This Yahweh + Asherah canard is absurd.

God will yet remarry Israel, but how He gets around the requirements of His own Law, i.e., no remarriage if your wife has been with other men [read: gods], is something I don't care to pass along at this time. It is, however, hidden in plain sight...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg

Or is this merely a recognition of God in the original pagan form, so the did have denotes he cannot claim sole divinty anymore, as the wife is back! and really he is the consort!

Or maybe He's back and wants to claim his vineyard......isn't that right sweety? Maybe he's been refined to that perfectly delicious blend of good and evil that she so longs for.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short
The God of the Bible wooed Israel, and married her,all the tribes of her, at Sinai. The Law given to Moses is a pre-nuptial. He even described Himself as the Husband to two sisters [Israel & Judah], something not permitted to humans in the Law, in order to make a point. Later, He divorced them both, and sent them on their way.

I am writing a book on this very subject, and I view the above as the main theme of the Bible, not personal salvation. This Yahweh + Asherah canard is absurd.

God will yet remarry Israel, but how He gets around the requirements of His own Law, i.e., no remarriage if your wife has been with other men [read: gods], is something I don't care to pass along at this time. It is, however, hidden in plain sight...

Since you are writting a book on the subject my friend, I'll drop you a hint.

6But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female. 7For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife; 8And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh. 9

If you need me to elaborate, let me know.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

6But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female. 7For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife; 8And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh. 9

If you need me to elaborate, let me know.

With Love,

Your Brother

Yes, I think you need to. I am speaking of the Bride of Christ. What is your point?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Just found this quote:

Exodus 34:13
Break down their altars, smash their sacred stones and cut down their Asherah poles.

Hungry for gods word

Asherah - Some modern day works
edit on 22/3/11 by Lucifer84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short

Ok so let me understand this -Yahweh + Asherah canard is absurd BUT "The God of the Bible wooed Israel, and married her,all the tribes of her, at Sinai. The Law given to Moses is a pre-nuptial." IS NOT ABSURD ??????????

Let me ask you this" Am I crazy" ?

Seriously no wonder why this primitive sort of religion works because someone would really believe that God married Israel ...I wish everyone would open their eyes or actually take the eye out of the socket and drop it in the garbage.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by lisa2012

It'll be interesting to see how this develops. I'm not surprised because you can't really have the yin without the yang, men without women, etc.
edit on 22-3-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Anyone who has not heard of Asherah has not read the Old Testament. She was a popular deity of cultures surrounding the Israelites. On many occasions the Israelites against God's will adopted the worship of local cultures which included Asherah and Baal. It's quite a stretch (and almost laughable) to say Asherah was God's wife.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by lisa2012Ok so let me understand this -Yahweh + Asherah canard is absurd BUT "The God of the Bible wooed Israel, and married her,all the tribes of her, at Sinai. The Law given to Moses is a pre-nuptial." IS NOT ABSURD ??????????

Well, actually it is not absurd. God likens it to marriage, in order to communicate to us, but it is not marriage in the human sense - THAT would be absurd. I'm certain that the Bride of Christ is also a metaphor. He did say that He had taken Israel unto Himself, as a special treasure. Read all about it in the Bible - as I said it's all hidden in plain sight...

I think IAMIAM was trying to say the same as you, but more gently. I see now that I am going to be walking/writing a fine line.
edit on 22-3-2011 by Lazarus Short because: more to say

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
There is a programme on BBC2 tonight at 9 pm when Dr Francesca Stavrakopoulou is going to tell us all about this.
Its part 2 of a weekly series of 3 parts and is very good. If its as good as part 1 was I recommend it.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Ok. That does it. Gods are aliens.
edit on 22-3-2011 by vasaga because: This is a joke, before someone takes this too seriously...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join