It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we to aliens like fish are to us?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I think about this a lot. That we are basically like fish to the aliens. Think about it. Fish have no real comprehension of our existence. Even when they get caught, they don't really know what the hell is going on. They lack the level of comprehension and intelligence to know that we are up here, above their playground, living in a full-fledged society.

Could the same thing be going on above us humans? That there's an "alien" species the same thousands of times smarter than us the way we're thousands of times smarter than fish? We simply lack the proper comprehension and intelligence to even know they're there, or what they're doing? Is this a possibility on any level, or do I just sound like a stoned out college kid?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ReaverTheBeliever

I like it, its certainly a possibility. I think there's bound to be a few people who have a similar theory. Apparently once we achieve world peace through our own means, then the aliens will reveal themselves and it will all be amazing and what not. But till then, we're stuck only speculating.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Short answer: yes

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

It's a good philosophy. We were more compared to ants, by Michio Kaku, on his theory on this subject. Basically, same thoughts as yours, but we don't even rate the fish scale on his wave length of thinking.

Like yours better.

Some fish get "abducted" ...while others (like when I was a child learning how to "clean" them) get dropped back in the lake, JUST as the cleaning has started. Basically mutilated. haha. Imagine what their society would think if their thought levels were cognitive enough to recognize more than a "fight" or "flight" scenario.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
So, May I ask how much more evolved our senses can be?

If you see it like this, then there wont be any civilizations in the universe that can be friends. Ever

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I believe not. We might be viewed as primitive compared to their technology, knowledge, and spirituality but all in all, we are all universally human beings.

Edit: I also mention no because you've proved it yourself by asking the question and providing an example. You just proved that you're aware of the possibility of 'their' existence. The human race as a whole are not dumb, we are just kept ignorant.
edit on 6-3-2011 by disfugured because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Im glad some people realize there is a huge gap and much to learn. The movies are getting it in peoples minds that these beings are evil [battle LA] and or going to tell fart jokes with us. [Paul]

Im glad some peoples wheels are still turning up there.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Whenever I think in a similar way to this it always reminds me of this Dr Quantum video on flatland.

Take a look, it really does make one ponder.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReaverTheBeliever
I think about this a lot. That we are basically like fish to the aliens. Think about it. Fish have no real comprehension of our existence. Even when they get caught, they don't really know what the hell is going on. They lack the level of comprehension and intelligence to know that we are up here, above their playground, living in a full-fledged society.

Could the same thing be going on above us humans? That there's an "alien" species the same thousands of times smarter than us the way we're thousands of times smarter than fish? We simply lack the proper comprehension and intelligence to even know they're there, or what they're doing? Is this a possibility on any level, or do I just sound like a stoned out college kid?

How do you KNOW how fish feel? How do you know that when you are waddling about in the water, out of your depth they aint laughin at you...? Huh?

Have you ever looked at people/straights when tripping on psychedelics?? You may be surprised. They also dont seem to know whats going on, yet you are human who has taken entheogens.

I bet many indigenous people feel that about moderns. I saw this real funny docu. where this white guy tries to go native and navigate a canoe. He had no balance whatsoever, and the whole village was out watching him and laughing hysterically and so was I

So we are all different. I bet some aliens think some of us are well cool and might be envious. And others they giggle at with them big eyes.
edit on 6-3-2011 by zimishey because: spelling

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

With you here. Just it's usually cows in the field rather than fish in the see.

The fish as you say has no comprehension of our existence.

The cow will notice us just as we notice ufos. Like us it will have an occasional sighting in its case human craft like tractors and cars. In the field it will just carry on with its job that it only knows, eat sleep and shag - just like humans.

In some ways the ufos will be monitoring us as if we are in a conservation area, they will try and preserve what we have attained without destroying it and meddling in it too much

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

We simply lack the proper comprehension and intelligence to even know they're there, or what they're doing?

That would be the short version of what is going on IMO.

And even when we do see something that is a bit odd or even unexplainable our eyes just glaze over untill the uncomfortable feelings go away.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Yes, for sure. I think we may be like cows on a farm. We don't even know what is going on, just like a cow at the dairy, or a steer at the feedlot.

top topics

join