It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

lucid dreaming

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
recently i have been having 2 lucid dreams a week and its really cool but when i am in the dream and realize that i am dreaming i get to excited and wake up. i try to get right back into the dream but i can't does anyone have this problem, does anyone have a solution

thanks

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jed001

Yah, go download the book, Stephan LeBergs Exploring The World Of Lucid Dreaming.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by adamsunday
BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

^Inception theme!^

BRRRRAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWRRRRR

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by M40T4

For the last couple of month's both my wife and I have noticed and discussed the fact that we both have been having lucid dreams , strange .

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I would suggest trying out a new meditation routine, one that lets you get more relaxed. Also, try to find a clock in your dream, or wear a watch to bed and remind yourself to look at it. Focus on the colors in your dream as well, as they are important to sustaining your lucidity. It appears that in a normal dream there is no such thing as time, however in a lucid dream there is. A tie-in with the consciousness and sub-conscious is really all you need. Practice a lot, and good luck on your adventures.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I have the same issue, and have since i was 10, im 21 now.
Ive been studying my dreams for so long now that its has got to the point were im beginning to be more aware that im dreaming, but i also wake shortly after i am aware that im wielding a lightsaber or flying.
More than most of the time im able to fall asleep after waking and get back to it but im not in control after that.
Ive noticed that when you concentrate deeply on a thought just before your brain shuts down for sleep you will slip into a half dream half reality state and have control over the thought in that realm for a short time, although ive only been able to do that very few times.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
i never had a lucid dream. btw how it feeels?????

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Your first lucid dreams will always be short, a matter of seconds. Just enough time to fly into the sky for a moment. I'm sure by now you've come across some posts from people who claim to be magnificent ultimate dreamers who are lucid all the time and forever, but it's just not what happens. Ok, it does happen for very rare people, but I wouldn't take their word for it unless you've seen their dream journalings and can verify it for yourself. The important thing is that you've gone lucid a few times.

Laberge's Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming IS good. But I wouldn't recommend it just yet if you are at all spiritual about dreams. He takes everything from a scientific perspective and it's excellent as far as that goes. If you are spiritual then I would wait a few months and get your own experiences in and figure yourself out before reading that particular book. Don't get me wrong it is great for what it is, but sort of tells you what to expect (which in dreaming is only a self-fulfilling prophecy)

I would recommend this: Diligently dream journal if you want those lucids to last longer, write down every detail from the dream (From all your dreams, lucid or not. This is simple but it's the absolute best thing you can do to improve your dreaming abilities) you can remember and make time to do this right. Now that it's fresh and I guess you did this on your own (If you've read any dreaming books I'd like to know, if you have not, then I would make the efforts your own so your experience will be unique and unblemished). Get into it strongly while it's fresh and new experience for you, and interesting. Make your best efforts for going lucid in the couple of hours before you wake up (This is your longest REM cycle and best chance).

But really my first 20 or so lucid dreams were less than 10 seconds after going lucid. It gets better after a while.

It's nice to see a legitimate beginning lucid dreamer. And I wish someone had told me what I just told you when I was starting out.

And I'm curious what your two dreams were, and how did you go lucid in them. This is very exciting and knowing someone has started down the road of lucid dreaming has made my day.
edit on 6-3-2011 by Novise because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by WIND2000MPH

lucid dreams feel different, for me at first it is an odd feeling that something is not quite right, then i realize that i am having a lucid dream and then it is very exciting. once i am in the dream i will try and convince others that it is a dream by changing something; my last lucid dream i changed the color of a wall to show the people in the dream that this was only a dream.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Novise

i don't keep a dream journal right now but i am going to. reading some of the posts here someone had suggested telling myself through out the dday "this is not a dream" so i have been doing this for about three weeks. my first lucid dream was not very memorbale i just new that i was in a dream got so excited that i woke up. My second one lasted longer, when i was in the dream i had an odd feeing that this was not real and then i knew i was dreaming. i tired to convince the other two people in my dream that it was in fact just a dream by changing the color of one of the walls in the room we were in i was so excited that i did it i woke up

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Novise

i have always had lucid dreams, i thought the everyone dreamed the same way i did. i did not realize that there were different dreams until i started reading this forum i have started doing reaserch about the topic and want to see if i can gain moe control in the dream state. that is why i am looking for any help on the topic

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jed001

wow!!! sounds koool. setttttt i never had that experience.. btw wats the effect ,i mean does it have any good effect or bad to to have lucid dream?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by WIND2000MPH

no bad effects that i can remember except waking up from some really crazy dreams. for me the good effects is knowing that not everyone has lucid dreams and the fact that i have had dreams that i have had some control over. It is really cool to be able to fly
. i have been trying to do some reaerch and see if i can have more control over my dreams.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
i agree with Novise,

Gaining control of your dreams is a hard thing to do, but it is not lucid dreaming, just like daja'vu is not lucid dreaming. but i dont know the correct name of this, You might think it is, but it is not they are very different. i hope i dont dash all your hopes of lucid dreaming because gaining control of a dream is just as wonderful and is a really important step towards lucid dreaming. i only correct you because if you run around saying this is lucid dreaming, and others say "teach me more" before you know it, hardly anyone will understand the real meaning of lucid dreaming. but again taking control of your dreams is harder to do then lucid dreaming, but its the first step towards it, you cannot even catch a lucid dream if you forget most of your normal dreams. I am no longer able to do this, and i would LOVE to read stories of people who are controling their dream. but please you must share your dreams with us!!

another thing is dont believe everything you read about lucid dreaming, like reading the bibles of the world, read with caution and understand nothing is 100% right in a book.

lucid dreaming is dreaming in an awake relaxed state, its the same state you will have an outer body experience in. I know because i have had a couple, but they scared the hell out of me, and i dont really want any more OBE, but i LOVE Lucid dreams.

My first lucid dream was of my cat. Her name was "snobby" so from her name you can guess what kind of a cat she was, she was a big B$Tc# and i hardly ever got to pet her. One day i was laying next to her and petting her on the bed, it was a rare occasion, i was resting on my stomach looking at her and i started to feel so relaxed and tired. Suddenly I saw a flash of a dreaming state where i was sitting on a bench next to a girl my age and that girl had brown hair and she just looked at me, it was 100% Snobby, i was sitting next to my cat in human form on a bench in a dreaming state, but she didnt say anything, and I suddenly snapped right out of it. Just then snobby gave me the softest love bite to my hand i ever had, she never gave me a love bite in her life, and i discovered a connection to her that was very amazing.. amazying!!

now that was only my cat, so it was just a lucid dream, i could say it was real obe, but i could have just as easily drifted asleep with out knowing and it was just a dream. but i swear i was awake, THAT is how you know its a lucid dream, you have to argue with yourself or others weather you were really awake or asleep. i would tell you more to give you more examples, but im saving them for when i get my 20 posts ^_^

Lucid dreams are only a few seconds, sometimes they are so fast the information is missed, It flashed so fast past your minds eye you completely missed it. everyone has them but most people just are unaware of them and miss them. part of that awareness is receiving all of the information that flashes in your minds eye or even parts of it remembered is good. the more info you receive, the longer the dream but its not about control or gaining control, its about being open.

You will never forget your very first lucid dream, just like you will never-forget the first time you gained control of a dream. and you will never forget your first daja'vu or your first OBE
but its all the same wonderful feelings, i know my first lucid dream i wanted to go back and see Snobby again so badly, a few seconds was just not long enough. but it just enough to receive a message.

edit on 7-3-2011 by Vlena because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Vlena

i have experienced de ja vu many times ( this has happened to me so many times that i thought this must happen to everyone). I had an experince one time and i am sure it was an OBE, i had just gotten into bed a little past 11:30 pm and right away i went into what i thought was a dream state, i was sitting in the passenger seat of a stanger's car and then an undercover cop car ( and i remeber the car was burgundy in color) put its lights on behind us, i then had a feeling that i did not want to be there anymore becasue the person had something in their glove compartment. now i have had many dreams with the falling experinece and this time it was a pulling back experience. and when i woke up and looked at the clock next to my bed it was not even midnight.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
this thread is gold...

i need to look into this topic more...

and trying harder to lucid dream ... or controal my dreams

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Novise

in my first lucid dream last night i smoked a long "cigarette" of "tobacco
"

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by jed001

k I have been experiencing deja-vu alot, like last week I had a dream were someone said something that i forget what it was.... then the next night they said it, at the same place, same time, same clothes, same people were all around me, i immediatly exclaimed holy "F" and then told them.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I recently had three lucid dreams, they were my first I can recall since when I was little. I have been reading about lucid dreaming, and started keeping a dream journal a month ago. I set it aside for a little, then I went down to the tropics this past week and ironically had three lucid dreams, three nights in a row.

The way I can describe it, was that it was like I became conscious in my dream. I was in my dream, and needed to convince myself I was in a dream. While awake I was doing the exercise to remind myself I wasn't dreaming, but in the dream I had to prove to myself I was. The way I did it, and it was the same way in all lucid dreams, was that I walked up to a door frame, and would guess a florescent color behind the doors frame, and scratch it with my finger nail. For instance, I would walk up to a green door frame and say, if there is hot pink paint under this, I'm dreaming. I'd scratch it with my nail, and sure enough it would be bright pink.

Then I did my lucid experimentation.
edit on 22-6-2011 by mathematic because: their/there

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join