It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nibiru - a mass of contradictions

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Nibiru: a brown dwarf, a comet, a hollow planet populated by the Annunaki, a gigantic spacecraft, Tyche, Comet Elenin, Planet X, between the orbit of Mars and Jupiter, in the Oort cloud, diametrically opposite the Earth behind the Sun, right next to the Sun, coming at us from the South Pole, coming at us from the area blanked out by Google, passed through the ecliptic on 4th March, will pass through the ecliptic again on 15th March forming a Nibiru/Earth/Sun alignment, so dark we can't see it, so bright it can be seen and photographed in daylight. It's all things to all men, apparently.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
You forgot imaginary :p

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by oxbow

LMFAO

Yeah I started a few threads on the numerous contradictions of Nibiru

You forgot the bit where it was only visible in the Southern Hemisphere...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Excellent post! S&F

How is anybody expected to believe in something that radically changes shape, location, composition, speed, etc.

I bet the Nibiru theory would hold a lot more water if people would get a singular story about what/where it is. Instead of that, every time something moves in the sky people call Nibiru.

It's the boy who cried wolf of our generation. I think I shall start using the word Nibiru in place of the word "bull ****" as in "That's a load of NIBIRU!!!"

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by oxbow

I have been doing my research on this planet and I can't find any consistency in it besides the ancient civilizations speaking of it. I'm not sayn its a hoax just yet but damn I am pretty sure two suns in the sky would have caused more uproar in the southern hemisphere (apparantly it kan only be seen southern hemi) even if its only populated woth avaerage of 12% of earths population!

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingLIES

I have been doing my research on this planet and I can't find any consistency in it besides the ancient civilizations speaking of it.

And the ancient civilizations don't even speak of it!
Sitchiniswrong.com

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
It's hidden from us by the chem trails .
Nibiru is the biggest conspiracy joke going around

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I dont know how it can still be such a joke when Nasa admits they 'just discovered' tyche floating around. tyche. not nibiru just the same exact description.

thats the joke.

if they are just discovering a GIANT planet, why cant we still have missed nibiru? of thats right we didnt miss it, we named it tyche.

the whole thing is fishy. i dont know what is what between tyche, nibiru, comet elenin and these green fireballs but there is SOMETHING to it. to think this is all just made up is silly. THAT is the joke.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by iversusvsversusi

I dont know how it can still be such a joke when Nasa admits they 'just discovered' tyche floating around. tyche. not nibiru just the same exact description.

No, NASA did not "just discover" Tyche, and no, it is not the same exact description. Pay attention to details, please. Note words like "hypothetical." Pay attention to things like orbital parameters.
What NASA says about "Tyche."
edit on 6-3-2011 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by iversusvsversusi

thats the joke.

They announced no such thing.
This is the problem with you lot, someone says one thing, you hear another and next minute we are all being invaded by giant bug eating lizards.

Yeah, there is a joke happening alright.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Honestly I feel most "believers" are not to blame, as they have been fed warped (or sometimes completely made up) information.

When you have so many websites out there distorting the truth to grab people's attention and get more site hits, it's no surprise that some people get a bit carried away.

One thing I always found kind of funny, is that people talk about NASA cover-ups and the like, which I'm not completely against. But then they use NASA articles and findings to back up their claims.

Either NASA is credible, or it is not. You can't use whatever info they put out that supports your idea, and then ignore everything else they say and bunk.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
oh my god, that's it!

nibiru = everything = GOD?!!?!

also, how do you pronounce tyche?

like the chinese tai chi?

been wondering for ages.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Well Elenin is the closest thing I have found to Nibiru.

From the Egyptians - a rogue comet/body named the destroyer with an orbit of around 3000 years may return around 2012 - yes Elenin could be a rogue comet which returns every 3000 yrs or so. has it been seen or detected before last year? no...

Nibiru can only be seen from the southern hemisphere? Elenin does come from beneath the inner solar system according to JPL and amazingly enough, the orbit of Elenin is roughly the same as this planet x.

Should we brush this under the table and forget about it? no....

Instead of speculating about different scenarios about this mythical planet which other people obviously have not done enough research on, work with what you can. Elenin is a good start. This so called comet is being kept in the dark for some reason at the moment. People are always going to have different Ideas about anything. If there is nothing to it, move on and forget about it, decide for yourself what is real and what is not.

I have studied the Elenin orbit, and if it is correct, there might be something to it, but that is my take on the bloody thing.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by James1982

"That's a load of nibiru"!!

I like it! Doesn't violate the T & Cs, and no censor circumvention.... nuthin', Honey!!

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
it seems noone is realy paying attention to the earth changes , floods , earthquakes, tsunamis, birds and fish dieing . i think the pure at heart are looking for the cause and dont need to be ridicult in there quest . there's is alot of ancient text describing the winged planet . i believe niburu is www.bing.com... only nasa calls it a supernova and the russians are starting to dissagree with that . if its all a hoax then nasa and mainstreamnews need to stop spreading these messages .

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by yets777

And, this is the very reason that the myth of "nibiru" persists. Abysmal knowledge of science and astronomy amongst the general public.

NO, the recently detected stellar explosion is NOT anything, at all, to be concerned about. This occurred many hundreds or thousands of years ago...because the star (that was) was many hundreds or thousands of LIGHT YEARS away!

And, no...there are no increases in floods, earthquakes, animal die-offs, etc, etc....just MORE, and FASTER reporting of the same sorts of occurrences that get more attention....again, this is driven a lot by the viral and instant nature of the Internet. AND, the appalling lack of science education in the schools, apparently....this has affected a MUCH larger, and younger, segment of the population.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

ok then the russians are uneducated to . you are entitled to your beliefs and im free to believe whatever i want . im saying theres something wrong with nature and you say there issent . theres no way ever we can come to an agreement i guess . my notice is that venus , jupiter increased in brightness about 300% in last 3 years and a round object growing doesent resemble a supernova . guess the BP spill shouldnt be mentioned either .it probably disolved allready in your opinion . i might be uneducated and stupid in your opinion but what are u doing on ats if everything is normal and perfect like it always has been. im not trying to spread fear dont get me wrong but the posibility exists when there are multiple binary systems in the universe .

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
www.nowpublic.com... www.binaryresearchinstitute.com... so now we allready have the russians and the spanish astronomers who are uneducated

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by yets777

No.....

ok then the russians are uneducated to ...

Not at all. The article in the "bing" link was about that (past) exploded star. Article clearly said that it is relatively "close"....because they estimate it occurred about 140 years ago. This means, it is somewhere around 140 LY away. That's "close" in terms of the ~100,000 LY diameter of the Galaxy, but still not close enough to have any effect on us. The explosion of the star wasn't seen, in visible light spectra, because of intervening dust clouds, in interstellar space. It is imaged, today by its X-rays, mostly. They can penetrate the dust.

.. my notice is that venus , jupiter increased in brightness about 300% in last 3 years....

That's quite a claim. Hasn't been much about it in any news I've seen. Of course, you must realize, that as we all orbit around the Sun, there are periods when those other planets are a bit closer to the Earth (as the "interplanetary crow" flies) than at other times, so they could appear to be brighter.

...and a round object growing doesent resemble a supernova .

? True. Well, depends on many factors, tho...the Sun is a "round glowing object", by one definition. Not sure your point.

...guess the BP spill shouldnt be mentioned either....

Not really, since it has nothing at all to do with space, the planets, or supernovae.....it DOES have something to do with corporate clumsiness, incompetence and corruption, though.

... there are multiple binary systems in the universe .

By "universe" I presume you mean within our Galaxy...since, the distances are very great to just the nearest next galaxy, and it's hard to accurately determine the nature of those stars.

But, it IS an interesting discovery, the many greater numbers of multiple star systems in our own Galaxy than had been previously theorized. It helps those who are specialized in such things as refining their models and theories about star evolution, and star / planetary formation methodologies......

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join