It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The world really is getting better and better

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
i can't help but think you've all been trolled. but maybe that's just me.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
LOL

Well, it would be nice if you could balance out those statistics with what's happening to the environment.

Pollution is in decline since more than a decade. This was pointed out in the OP.

Everything else seems to be well into a decline.

As proven in the OP this is not objective truth, but subjective viewpoint.

If you honestly don't think civilization is teetering on the edge, then there really is no reason to debate the topic with you

Because I dont see things like you do there is no point in talking to me? Noted.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by unityemissions
LOL

Well, it would be nice if you could balance out those statistics with what's happening to the environment.

Pollution is in decline since more than a decade. This was pointed out in the OP.

OMG< LOL

Yes, that plastic continent is in decline... yes, your statistics are absolute truth. The environment is merely all about pollution. You've got all angles covered. Except, I'm not 5 years old, and have an IQ over 80....

Because I dont see things like you do there is no point in talking to me? Noted.

C'mon, guy. You can lie better than that, can't you?!

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by WilliamRikeronaSegway
i can't help but think you've all been trolled. but maybe that's just me.

Ive spend good time compiling the data in the OP and addressing those who disagree with me with respect and civility. If a one-liner calling me a troll is all you have to offer as a response, why respond at all? Why the knee-jerk reaction? Why not at least consider both sides of the subject? Everyone is so accustomed to parroting the doom-show of the media that they dont even consider that there is another reality out there.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Still to me it depends on the reasons behind seeing the good, the intention. Seeing Good and having faith/trust in humanity, seeing improvements in some areas, should never let us get off our guard on some of the more fascist elements, with war, disease profits, suppression of nutrients, and codex alimentarius, poisons and Frankenstein foods. We cannot say, its TPTB that are steering us into something better. For Goodness Sakes, its to do with frequency and intention of heart. Those with bad agenda's do not have permissions or as much leeway as they would wish, due to the heart and intentions of most people. Most people have Love and are Good, and the things they get compromised with do not have the free will element, therefore do not hold the karma and give bad permissions to the extent.

I agree that there is a fear campaign, and so many things are put out as distractions, and even to attain a certain kind of frequency.

I feel, that with the right intent, one of freeing people's consciousness more, ie. for them to think about others more, and see this world more clearly, the way its run, Good can come and pervail. Frequency draws frequency.

But the goodness lies in the people, not the ones doing all they can to disinform people, and to set up gatekeepers of information.

However, I don't think there is anything more important right now than to see the Good, see only good and joyful things occurring, to envision this, pray about it, meditate on it, ask for help to dislodge whatever is inside us that prevents us from striving for it.

But realistically, the ecosystem is very taxed. BP was deadly to not only this planet but the Currents themselves, the crops are failing, with prices rising. We need to see realistically too, not just ignore things.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

I feel, that with the right intent, one of freeing people's consciousness more, ie. for them to think about others more, and see this world more clearly, the way its run, Good can come and pervail. Frequency draws frequency.

But the goodness lies in the people, not the ones doing all they can to disinform people, and to set up gatekeepers of information.

However, I don't think there is anything more important right now than to see the Good, see only good and joyful things occurring, to envision this, pray about it, meditate on it, ask for help to dislodge whatever is inside us that prevents us from striving for it.

But realistically, the ecosystem is very taxed. BP was deadly to not only this planet but the Currents themselves, the crops are failing, with prices rising. We need to see realistically too, not just ignore things.

Thats some balanced and positive reporting right there. Im in no way suggesting becoming complacent. There are a lot of people who mistake a positive attitude with complacency. Issues such as the BP Oil Spill require action - and lots of it.

(Not sure all the negative talk actually solves anything. Im sure action does though)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
There are five houses on my block we all made between 45-50k a year, but we were all laid off last year, and have since gone through all of our savings and are in foreclosure and about to become homeless. But one of us just won the lottery! He will be getting 100 million dollars net, and because of that, the average net worth on our block has gone up!

Why arent we happier about that?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
This is a very good thread Sky, and I agree wholeheartedly with your sentiments.

The past was brutal and bloody, and overwhelmed with ignorance. There was very little knowledge, and the conditions of life were absolutely disgusting.

Today we live on the shoulders of those who made sacrifices to increase the quality of life for us, their progeny.

Today is the best day in history, and tomorrow will be even better.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I'd rather live 10000 years before today, people back then are much healthier today, the life expectancy was at least over 130, no pollution of dangerous chemicals, hardly any diseases, everything's free you just work when you want. Not many people to bother you neither was there anyone who would stop you of your freedom if you were in the right place. Overall life was much better back then compared to now.
What is there now?
Wars over how people should live.
Famine and diseases everywhere.
I don't know what they put into my food.
People are more stressed so they rely on drugs and sex.
Increase of the percentage of deaths
People selling themselves for bits of paper called money.
Overall people are not happy. The better you try to make things for yourself the worse it gets. Im just saying

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
This is a very good thread Sky, and I agree wholeheartedly with your sentiments.

The past was brutal and bloody, and overwhelmed with ignorance. There was very little knowledge, and the conditions of life were absolutely disgusting. .

LOL you made me laugh so hard, that's only recently not of the past. and Look at places like Mumbai there is a shanty area with 1million people living mostly homeless living on the streets with bits of there body cut off for better chances of getting money from begging. 1440 people per a toilet. The water is so filthy that they drink coke instead. Conditions of life are only good for those who can afford it, in the past you didn't need money to build your own place to stay in.
edit on 6-3-2011 by foreshadower99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
You are misunderstanding I think.

You say conditions are terrible because there is only one toilet per 1440.

But in our past, there were almost no toilets at all.

I call this improvement. Slowly but surely.

And yes in the past, people merely poured their fecal waste onto the streets, hence the Bubonic Plague.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
If this is true, then I must be a giant taco that poops rainbow sherbet.... YUM...Comparing now to 500 years ago is like comparing apples and oranges. I smell the foul stench of troll in the air.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I agree talk is not as good as action, but that is where we're all tied up in knots. How, what, where, when, its something I think of alot. Including meditations for, Action, Do! Now! We're still stuck in the ruts of routine and the world is very hard to finetune to what matters most, what basics. Doing our best with family and trying to problem solve takes up so much energy, the other matters take the thing I wish we could learn to do better, communicate in communities.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Okay, although you bring up some very valid arguments there are a few key things that I don't think you have taken into account. People's concern about overall global state of affairs is a very VERY good thing. For you to suggest that we should stop complaining and just be happy with the way that things are is ridiculous. True, the probability of achieving a truly just and equal global atmosphere is impossible but we have the right as human beings to pursue improvements in our quality of life and fight for those who are less fortunate. I hate it when people make this argument that "there are people who have it / have had it worse so be happy". Just because other peoples' circumstances are worse than your own does not mean you should relinquish your right to resolve your own issues....no issue is too small to ignore if you feel that it should be rectified. This does not make you a malcontent in any way, it only makes you human. It is one of the healthiest habits that we have formed as a specie, to survey and analyze our dysfunctions and actively pursue resolutions instead of just saying f*** it. The world will never be perfect and to everyone's liking but we still have the right to try.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by KevinB
If this is true, then I must be a giant taco that poops rainbow sherbet.... YUM...Comparing now to 500 years ago is like comparing apples and oranges. I smell the foul stench of troll in the air.

Why yes, apples and oranges are almost exactly the same.

Both are fruits.
Both grow on trees.
Both are tasty treats.
Both bear seeds.
Both are roughly the size of a fist.
Both are covered in skin with flesh on the interior.

Dare I continue? Your colloquialism is poor and easily trumped.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I think this illustrates the "yea" and "nay" phenomena, by which some portions of the population have used to excite division and control.

Whether or not the world is a better place than it used to be, is completely and entirely irrelevant to me.

Why?

Because neither option focuses on making the "world a better place" in the future. Whatever ones view on this is, i still fail to see its relevancy to whether or not the amazing world we live in will continue to improve because of our actions (extension of viewpoint 1, or the world is getting better and better), or if we will learn from our mistakes and suck it up and help each other stand when we fall (extension of viewpoint 2, or the world is going to #). Either way, i still see improvement to be made. You speak of Mother Culture defining opinions, but it does this in two directions, the "yea" and the "nay." You do say to forget the "good ol days" and i agree, but it seems you have not when taking and asserting your "nay" standpoint. Please correct if im wrong
I do agree it is quite difficult to make such a point without basing it entirely on the past though.

Both views have value, to me, however it is what we will do with them that matters. the saying "actions speak louder than words" seems applicable. does your OP mean there is nothing else to do? or what? i feel both sides of this (and many other "yea/nay" duality based dividers) should be more focused on right now, and on how what we do "right now" will affect the future. How "right now" compares to the past subjectively is completely irrelevant to this beyond as a basis to learn from our mistakes and our victories.

Basically, where do we go from here? How will we get there?

Solely because of the inherent progression of cycles (time) do i find such questions to be significantly more pertinent to "reality." reminiscing about the past (either from the yea/nay position) will essentially lead to "no action" or the half-full glass of water slowly emptying.

Will we fill it up for the next person?

The past is the past, the only relevance it has is that it was the product of those decisions that brought us to where we are now. One standpoint leads people to think that nothing of value can attained through change and that personal decisions have nothing to do with "how things are," the other standpoint leads people to think there is nothing of value right now and that it is the fault of nebulous "others." Obviously extremes with the ubiquitous "exceptions to the rule," but that is the general direction the viewpoints go. Neither position is likely to "grab the bull by the horns" and take it upon themselves to improve the world around them, regardless of how it compares to the past, because the "way things are" is not viewed as a product of personal and communal decisions.

So, a bunch of rambling for a simple point (what else would anyone expect from me?
); how things compare to the past (positive or negative) is irrelevant to how we are going to make the world a better place in the future. Change is constant, so how will it be guided? will it be by complacency? will it be by competition? will it be by hatred and anger? will it be by happiness? or will it be by true conscious and mindful action, no matter what is contained within the perspective?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I can't agree with you at all . You can't be serious .

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by XxXAmmoXxX

There is also the simple fact that people do not experience "on average." People experience as individuals.

I doubt the OP would stop screaming if being eaten by a shark because on average, being eaten by a shark is not a problem.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by XxXAmmoXxX

Not only is it important to try and see clearly what this world is like and who is running it in the very negative fashion its being run, with billions starving. Let not pretend those street children aren't being rounded up by TPTB and shot in the night in the Phillipines, China, South America and many other places, because they are.

And being aware is very good thing.

Also, they are not building those dumbs for nothing.

But, my point is, frequency attracts frequency. This whole holographic is all about that. So, when we allow negative messages to cloud our visions or compassion, to make us apathetic instead of moving forward in a positive way, creating vision boards of the future we wish, and to share it, finding out what is in us, blocking this, because this world shows up our individual flaws and we need to work on them, raising our frequency, and positive visions, wishes, yearnings. The thing that is the hardest is getting unglued, action, doing it somehow. We're not all that brave, somehow we need to just think of others and not worry, envision safety too.

When we see the positive, empower the good, keep correcting negative thoughts that land and try to stay, saying thats not mine, cancel, cancel. And seek for positive loving thoughts, we empower the Good to assist, we're not switching channels. Earth is not one thing. Its a school. So naturally, trying to discover what is in this world, why its hurting so many, but why we're here, seeing the good in people and knowing this could go into a wonderful future, for everyone, not just the few or ever shrinking middle class. This is the goal, and raising our love frequency higher.
edit on 6-3-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by foreshadower99
Overall life was much better back then compared to now.

Are you sure? Or are you romanticizing the distant past? As far as I know life expectancy was lower, a simple cold could kill you and brutality reigned. And as an average citizen you'd be lucky to see any other town than your own.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join