It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eat this up you Christians. On how your god is inclined towards infants...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
The bible was writen by men, who wanted to use the word of god for personal gain, of course they will say god is on our side he will destroy you all in horrible ways, or allow us to do horrible things to you if you dont do as he or we say, ... the same sort of phrases were used in the crusade against the muslims, and were used by later kings and rulers to justify their wars,.. even fanatical muslims use these kinda words to justify their hatred and fear, I think we can throw away all the negative violent parts of the bible and vocus on the few parts that say love each other, forgive those who have ofended you, tolorate those who have a different view, and help those who cannot help themselves, I 100% agree the bible is full of horrible genocidle acts but god never wanted that, it was people who murderd in his name for their own gain,

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SunTzu22

Eat this up you Christians.

Yeah. We ate it. Now what??

Anyone who is captured will be run through with a sword. Their little children will be dashed to death right before their eyes. Their homes will be sacked and their wives raped by the attacking hordes. For I will stir up the Medes against Babylon, and no amount of silver or gold will buy them off. The attacking armies will shoot down the young people with arrows. They will have no mercy on helpless babies and will show no compassion for the children. (Isaiah 13:15-18 NLT)

13:15 For whosoever shall be taken shall be overcome; and they that are gathered together shall fall by the sword.

13:16 And they shall dash their children before their eyes; and they shall spoil their houses, and shall take their wives.

13:17 Behold, I will stir up against you the Medes, who do not regard silver, neither have they need of gold.

13:18 They shall break the bows of the young men; and they shall have no mercy on your children; nor shall their eyes spare thy children. Isaiah 13:15-18 LXX

You do know that the Author speaks of a Prophecy right?

13:1 The vision which Isaiah son of Amos saw against Babylon.

Please read it as whole and in context. Here is some Help for you to start.

The glory of Israel will fly away like a bird, for your children will die at birth or perish in the womb or never even be conceived. Even if your children do survive to grow up, I will take them from you. It will be a terrible day when I turn away and leave you alone. I have watched Israel become as beautiful and pleasant as Tyre. But now Israel will bring out her children to be slaughtered." O LORD, what should I request for your people? I will ask for wombs that don't give birth and breasts that give no milk. The LORD says, "All their wickedness began at Gilgal; there I began to hate them. I will drive them from my land because of their evil actions. I will love them no more because all their leaders are rebels. The people of Israel are stricken. Their roots are dried up; they will bear no more fruit. And if they give birth, I will slaughter their beloved children." (Hosea 9:11-16 NLT)

9:11 Ephraim has flown away as a bird; their glories from the birth, and the travail, and the conception.

9:12 For even if they should rear their children, yet shall they be utterly bereaved: wherefore also there is woe to them, [though] my flesh is of them.

9:13 Ephraim, [even] as I saw, gave their children for a prey; yea, Ephraim [was ready] to bring out his children to slaughter.

9:14 Give them, O Lord: what wilt thou give them? a miscarrying womb, and dry breasts.

9:15 All their wickedness is in Galgal: for there I hated them: because of the wickedness of their practices, I will cast them out of my house, I will not love them any more: all their princes are disobedient.

9:16 Ephraim is sick, he is dried up at his roots, he shall in no wise any more bear fruit: wherefore even if they should beget [children], I will kill the desired [fruit] of their womb.
Hosea 9:11-16 LXX

You do know that Hosea is referring to Israel right?

9:1 Rejoice not, O Israel, neither make merry, as [other] nations: for thou hast gone a whoring from thy God; thou hast loved gifts upon every threshing-floor.

Please read it as whole and in context. Here is some Help for you.

"I will sweep away everything in all your land," says the LORD. "I will sweep away both people and animals alike. Even the birds of the air and the fish in the sea will die. I will reduce the wicked to heaps of rubble, along with the rest of humanity," says the LORD. "I will crush Judah and Jerusalem with my fist and destroy every last trace of their Baal worship. I will put an end to all the idolatrous priests, so that even the memory of them will disappear. For they go up to their roofs and bow to the sun, moon, and stars. They claim to follow the LORD, but then they worship Molech, too. So now I will destroy them! And I will destroy those who used to worship me but now no longer do. They no longer ask for the LORD's guidance or seek my blessings." (Zephaniah 1:2-6 NLT)

1:2 Let there be an utter cutting off from the face of the land, saith the Lord.

1:3 Let man and cattle be cut off; let the birds of the air and the fishes of the sea be cut off; and the ungodly shall fail, and I will take away the transgressors from the face of the land, saith the Lord.

1:4 And I will stretch out mine hand upon Juda, and upon all the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and I will remove the names of Baal out of this place, and the names of the priests;

1:5 and them that worship the host of heaven upon the house-tops; and them that worship and swear by the Lord, and them that swear by their king;

1:6 and them that turn aside from the Lord, and them that seek not the Lord, and them that cleave not to the Lord. Zephaniah 1:2-6 LXX

I have done a quick search : The Book of Zephaniah

The Book of Zephaniah contains in its three chapters the fundamental ideas of the preaching of Zephaniah. The scheme of the book in its present form is as follows:

a) 1:2-2:3. Warnings about the "day of the Lord", a Dies irae, dies illa[5] of the Old Testament. The judgment of the Lord will descend on Judah and Jerusalem as a punishment for the awful degeneracy in religious life (1:4-7a); it will extend to all classes of the people (1:7b-13), and will be attended with all the horrors of a frightful catastrophe (1:14-18); therefore, repent and seek the Lord (2:1-3).

b) 2:4-15. Not only Jerusalem, but the entire world is subject to judgment, including the Philistines, (4-7) Moabites, Ammonites, (8-11) Ethiopians, (12) Assyrians and Ninivites (13-15).

c) 3:1-8. The Prophet focuses once again on Jerusalem: "Woe to the provoking, and redeemed city ... She hath not hearkened to the voice, neither hath she received discipline." The severest reckoning will be required of the leading classes of the civil community, and of the Prophets and priests as the directors of public worship.

d) 3:9-20. With a prophetic glance at the Kingdom of God of the future, in which all the world unites and turns to God, the prosperity of the Messianic Kingdom will be enjoyed.

e) 3:9-20. The last message of Zephaniah also has a Messianic coloring, although not to an extent comparable with that which may be found in the Book of Isaiah.

And here is another Source.

Im welcome to debate. Good luck in the defense

Defense? No. But before you keep quoting from OT, please keep in mind the cultural background of those ancient societies, and the influence of slavery and eye to eye mentality which was common practice back then. You know things like the Code of Hammurabi.

Also please do some research as to what the Books speaking about. Do some research about the authors, historical background. Go to the original sources Hebrew and Greek. There are tones of info in the internet.

Peace

edit on 6-3-2011 by Seed76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Im welcome to debate. Good luck in the defense

So God brings judgment on the wicked?

Wow, I never knew that!! Thank you for enlightening all of us to this hidden knowledge!

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Hey no problem, now pass it down the line. I sure you of all people know how many ignoramouses there are in the world.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunTzu22
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Hey no problem, now pass it down the line. I sure you of all people know how many ignoramouses there are in the world.

I do know.

EVERYONE is ignorant of something or another.

Good call. Haha.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Its funny how so many people take out of context biblical passages in there futile attempt at explaining scripture.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Theophorus

Yea, but at least its smart funny.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   

reply to post by Theophorus

Yea, but at least its smart funny.

And you are the smartest and funniest of us all.

By the way, it's spelt ignoramuses

(Sorry, too funny to ignore:lol

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by BrianDamage

At least you can thank god for your superior grammar, this being a rare gift for one with so little else to be thankfull for.

Don't you have an abortion clinic to picket? Be gone

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

At least you can thank god for your superior grammar, this being a rare gift for one with so little else to be thankfull for.

Don't you have an abortion clinic to picket? Be gone

Nah, my superior grammar comes from having a basic education and I'm all for abortion, maybe your mother should have considered it.

That should be us quits now after your "register" remark yesterday.

Peace
edit on 7-3-2011 by BrianDamage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

She must have realized the pressing need for intelligencia on our planet. Clearly there are enough retards to warrant such a fatefull decision.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
You seem to be unable to understand what you read, or you are simply ignoring it for your own point sake. Here is what you missed:

"It will be a terrible day when I turn away and leave you alone."

See, God is not saying he will make these things happen. What he is saying is that when Israel, the nation is turned to him, he is their God. In this case and time, Israel is turning from God, much like many nations have turned from God today. In that turning, God therefore is not their God, in other words, he will not be there to protect them. He is not going to "cause" things to happen, but since they do not want to be his, he will no longer protect them from things to happen. He is simply warning them of what is to come as they turn from his ways and his upbringing.

Its a very much a child/parent relationship. Example: I have a 9 year old and a 3 year old. I speak to them quite frequently on the dangers of not listening to what I have to say..things such as...don't run out into the road, parking lots, etc, don't steal, don't lie, for my 9 year old...not to give into peer pressure, drugs, etc etc etc. Do their homework, pay attention in school. My parenting method just like my parents, was and is...I will teach you the right way, if you chose to go the wrong way, yes, I will always love you..but I will not clean up your mess, nor prevent you from your own consequences. Sometimes those consequences are nothing..a dirty room=no outside play, sometimes they are a bit more severe, Not paying attention in school=bad grades, when they are older the consequences could be outstanding...stealing=jail, lying could = fired from a job, or a lost relationship, etc etc etc. In this particular bible verse and scenario..God is giving them fair warning...in today's terms its basically "look, you are turning from me and these countries are getting ready to make war on you, I love you and will always except you back, but if you are not going to heed what I'm telling you, you will have to deal with those consequences, and those consequences are things you, nor I want." God can only do so much for us....he has to let us live, like a parent, we have to let our children live, we can't hold their hands all through their lives, and at times, they are going to make the bad and wrong choices, we can't be there to fix it, because what would they learn? We give them fair warning, its up to them to heed us...likewise...God gives us fair warning, its up to us to heed him and our choice to listen to him...the consequences are our own fault and ours to bare. But he is always there to take us back ..just like a parent, when we are ready to turn back to him, and in many cases to help pick up the pieces after they have been scattered. There are numerous stories I have that can work as good examples.

1. A friend of mine, went to a party one night and there was alcohol at this party, he was on the school's football team and they had a pretty strict code for getting in trouble and especially breaking laws. So, sure enough, this guy gets pulled over, gets arrested for DUI and underage drinking, as well as opened containers in the vehicle. His dad...his parent, had of course always warned him about the dangers of underage drinking, drugs, peer pressure at parties, but here the warnings went unheeded. So...as a parent...what do you do? what is the "right" way to handle this? what is the right thing to do? do you let them just get away with it? do you fix it for them?

another scenario.....

The boy in Aruba who killed Natalie Holloway, extreme right? Think his parents at any time in his life told him "hey...its okay to murder innocent girls on their senior trips"? so, as a parent..what do you do? his parents obviously love him, right? no matter what our children do..we love them, even when they do hideous hideous things..we still love them, and we're still here for them...but we can't very well clean this mess up for them..can we?

likewise...Israel, was facing war...war is not nice, its not pretty...people are killed, raped, burned, exploded, etc etc etc..thats war, war is heinous, atrocious, it kills in some of the most gruesomest of ways. God was warning them, as a parent, bad things are coming, these are the steps you must take, if you do not heed my warning, the consequences are yours to bare, I will be here to help you pick up the pieces, but I will not stand by you if you will not heed my ways.

HOWEVER...... aside from all that...what many on here fail to remember or realize when dealing with Christianity, is that Jesus came and fulfilled the laws of the Old Testament, that is why we have the "NEW TESTAMENT" so, if you want to question Christianity..you'll have to use the NT to do so....its the only book we actually really use, when dealing with our faith. Yes, we do occasionally go to the OT when dealing with evidence of Jesus, but, in 95% of the time...Christians use the NT. So, you would probably have a better leg to stand on in your war against Christianity, if you try to find something in that book to go against.
edit on 8-3-2011 by Nkinga because: Hit enter before I was ready.

Something to think about....we here in the United States..we are turning from God...we have numerous groups and individuals, such as you yourself, who want us to do away with God all together. So, okay, great..we do that, we turn away from him and claim we do not want him...that we do not want a God, and do not want him to be our God...yes, I know..most of those do not even believe there is a God, so, we claim as a nation, there is no God, there is no religion. What would you as a parent do if your child were to turn to you and say this? would you ignore their wishes and continue to force your way into their life? or would you honor their wishes and stay out of their lives? God, cannot force his will upon us, we turn from him..we cannot then turn and say "why did you let this happen?"
edit on 8-3-2011 by Nkinga because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nkinga
You seem to be unable to understand what you read, or you are simply ignoring it for your own point sake. Here is what you missed:

"It will be a terrible day when I turn away and leave you alone."

See, God is not saying he will make these things happen. What he is saying is that when Israel, the nation is turned to him, he is their God. In this case and time, Israel is turning from God, much like many nations have turned from God today. In that turning, God therefore is not their God, in other words, he will not be there to protect them. He is not going to "cause" things to happen, but since they do not want to be his, he will no longer protect them from things to happen. He is simply warning them of what is to come as they turn from his ways and his upbringing.

Its a very much a child/parent relationship. Example: I have a 9 year old and a 3 year old. I speak to them quite frequently on the dangers of not listening to what I have to say..things such as...don't run out into the road, parking lots, etc, don't steal, don't lie, for my 9 year old...not to give into peer pressure, drugs, etc etc etc. Do their homework, pay attention in school. My parenting method just like my parents, was and is...I will teach you the right way, if you chose to go the wrong way, yes, I will always love you..but I will not clean up your mess, nor prevent you from your own consequences. Sometimes those consequences are nothing..a dirty room=no outside play, sometimes they are a bit more severe, Not paying attention in school=bad grades, when they are older the consequences could be outstanding...stealing=jail, lying could = fired from a job, or a lost relationship, etc etc etc. In this particular bible verse and scenario..God is giving them fair warning...in today's terms its basically "look, you are turning from me and these countries are getting ready to make war on you, I love you and will always except you back, but if you are not going to heed what I'm telling you, you will have to deal with those consequences, and those consequences are things you, nor I want." God can only do so much for us....he has to let us live, like a parent, we have to let our children live, we can't hold their hands all through their lives, and at times, they are going to make the bad and wrong choices, we can't be there to fix it, because what would they learn? We give them fair warning, its up to them to heed us...likewise...God gives us fair warning, its up to us to heed him and our choice to listen to him...the consequences are our own fault and ours to bare. But he is always there to take us back ..just like a parent, when we are ready to turn back to him, and in many cases to help pick up the pieces after they have been scattered. There are numerous stories I have that can work as good examples.

1. A friend of mine, went to a party one night and there was alcohol at this party, he was on the school's football team and they had a pretty strict code for getting in trouble and especially breaking laws. So, sure enough, this guy gets pulled over, gets arrested for DUI and underage drinking, as well as opened containers in the vehicle. His dad...his parent, had of course always warned him about the dangers of underage drinking, drugs, peer pressure at parties, but here the warnings went unheeded. So...as a parent...what do you do? what is the "right" way to handle this? what is the right thing to do? do you let them just get away with it? do you fix it for them?

another scenario.....

The boy in Aruba who killed Natalie Holloway, extreme right? Think his parents at any time in his life told him "hey...its okay to murder innocent girls on their senior trips"? so, as a parent..what do you do? his parents obviously love him, right? no matter what our children do..we love them, even when they do hideous hideous things..we still love them, and we're still here for them...but we can't very well clean this mess up for them..can we?

likewise...Israel, was facing war...war is not nice, its not pretty...people are killed, raped, burned, exploded, etc etc etc..thats war, war is heinous, atrocious, it kills in some of the most gruesomest of ways. God was warning them, as a parent, bad things are coming, these are the steps you must take, if you do not heed my warning, the consequences are yours to bare, I will be here to help you pick up the pieces, but I will not stand by you if you will not heed my ways.

HOWEVER...... aside from all that...what many on here fail to remember or realize when dealing with Christianity, is that Jesus came and fulfilled the laws of the Old Testament, that is why we have the "NEW TESTAMENT" so, if you want to question Christianity..you'll have to use the NT to do so....its the only book we actually really use, when dealing with our faith. Yes, we do occasionally go to the OT when dealing with evidence of Jesus, but, in 95% of the time...Christians use the NT. So, you would probably have a better leg to stand on in your war against Christianity, if you try to find something in that book to go against.
edit on 8-3-2011 by Nkinga because: Hit enter before I was ready.

Something to think about....we here in the United States..we are turning from God...we have numerous groups and individuals, such as you yourself, who want us to do away with God all together. So, okay, great..we do that, we turn away from him and claim we do not want him...that we do not want a God, and do not want him to be our God...yes, I know..most of those do not even believe there is a God, so, we claim as a nation, there is no God, there is no religion. What would you as a parent do if your child were to turn to you and say this? would you ignore their wishes and continue to force your way into their life? or would you honor their wishes and stay out of their lives? God, cannot force his will upon us, we turn from him..we cannot then turn and say "why did you let this happen?"
edit on 8-3-2011 by Nkinga because: (no reason given)

It does not matter what you think "God" said. He is not real. There is no magic man in the sky. Believe that.

Im not advocating turning away from the spirtual side that is natural to the human condition, I am advocating that we leave behing the trappings of a disgusting and prision- like religion.

You Jesus freaks need to see a specialist, and no, not your even more deluded parish priest. He has other, more ungodly things on his mind anyway, you know of what I speak.

You think that because somebody ( of who there is no evidence of existance) died on a piece of wood, that your sins will be forgiven??? Just think about that for a bit and I am sure you will realize the folly of your ways.

Study Jehovah. Study YHWH. Study the original Hebrew bible to find out the type of god that you claim is your most high king.

Stop abbeding the retardation of your species' forward progress.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nkinga

Stop abbeding the retardation of your species' forward progress.

What does abbeding mean?
Genuine question, I'm here to learn.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

It does not matter what you think "God" said. He is not real. There is no magic man in the sky. Believe that.

To make such a claim...you must have some proof...right?

Otherwise, you would just be an ignorant fool spouting off claims that one can not back up.

I am eagerly awaiting your proof.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin

Yea, look up in the sky and youll find all of the evidence you need.

Go commit a "mortal sin" and see what happens. No divine fury. Nothing.

If there is a magic man in the sky, he seems to favor people who are of a disgusting dispostion, and you are welcome to pray to that "thing" But remember you are the fool if you pursue that horrifiying goal.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin

How about you go and prove that such a magic man DOES exist!!?

Somebody is ignorant here, and it is not myself.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Consult your nearest dictionary.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Consult your nearest dictionary.

I did, couldn't find it.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

So you have never heard the phrase "aiding and abetting"?? I can't believe this. Consult a better dictionary.
edit on 8-3-2011 by SunTzu22 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join