It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cold wet need fire? check this

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a dry place is needed but if you keep flint steel char cloth in a tin with some tallow or other type of tinder Birch bark is good few small strips will do, and well watch this gent make fire, www.mahalo.com... and for you that have dial up

Tinder: Tinder is basically any dry, brittle or fibrous material that will burn easily and help to ignite the kindling for your fire (i.e Dry Leaves, Wood Shavings, Dead Grass, Shredded Bark, Dry Pine Needles, Paper or Cotton). In this method, tinder is used to catch the sparks from the flint and steel (or directly from the char cloth - if used). While many survival experts recommend the use of a "Bird's Nest" or "Tinder Bundle", any type of burnable tinder should do. and ask what is char cloth

Char Cloth (Optional): A char cloth is basically a piece of cloth or linen that has been heated to a high enough temperature (without oxygen) to the point where it has turned into charcoal. Char cloth is used in order to catch the sparks that are produced by the friction of flint and steel. A spark with make the char cloth burn like a hot ember that can then be transferred to the tinder and used to make fire. While using char cloth is not absolutely necessary, it can greatly speed up the ignition process. most places that sell leather or boy scout supply's will have a kit the video is showing how the men of the mountain do it. then watch this kid make fire www.youtube.com...
flint steel birch and a napkin!
edit on 6-3-2011 by bekod because: added info. and word edit.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Wow, I really misread the title.

I thought you had 'cold wet fire' as in fire that works in wet and cold conditions.

Don't I have egg of my face?

...keep on keeping on

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
If you are still havering troubles with old styli flit this might help. For i have tried to do the spark, and after seeming thins i can have a coffee fire going in 10 min! www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

now that would be a trick and a money maker my you forgive me if the title was misleading, it made sense to me oh i left out the comma, my bad.

top topics

join