It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Vector WX8!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
If you like fast super cars,then you'll love the upcoming Vector WX8. Although Vector motors hasn't released a car for about 20 years,it look's like they are making a comeback. This new American super car is supposedly one of the fastest that will be on the market. The car is supposed to have up to 2000 horse power and achieve a speed of 300 mph! The acceleration rate is 0 to 60 mph in 2.4 seconds!
edit on 5-3-2011 by paranormal78 because: nedded more info

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by paranormal78

link? pictures??

no pics,, no exist

lol

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by darrman

ok here is a link..

nice looker!

www.google.com... 632

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Go to Vector Motors home page or simply Google it.
edit on 5-3-2011 by paranormal78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by darrman

Yea it is! If i had a dream super car that would be it.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
interesting. nice stats. however, what's the point of a vehicle like that? it's not like you can get anywhere near it's top speed outside of a racetrack. I'm assuming the fuel consumption on a car with those stats is outrageous as well. Why don't these companies concentrate more on producing cars that can get 200 miles to the gallon, or cars that use alternative fuels and get 200 miles to the gallon or equivalent? Why don't they concentrate on making cars that don't cost a third of what a small house costs? those things are more interesting and usefull than a car that can go 300 miles an hour. To me at least.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by optimus primal
interesting. nice stats. however, what's the point of a vehicle like that? it's not like you can get anywhere near it's top speed outside of a racetrack. I'm assuming the fuel consumption on a car with those stats is outrageous as well. Why don't these companies concentrate more on producing cars that can get 200 miles to the gallon, or cars that use alternative fuels and get 200 miles to the gallon or equivalent? Why don't they concentrate on making cars that don't cost a third of what a small house costs? those things are more interesting and usefull than a car that can go 300 miles an hour. To me at least.

LEGALLY you cant get to that speed, but as you know, most people just hit the highway and gun the hell out of their car. Its a fun past time, which is why people choose to go for super cars such as this one. That car is a freaking BEAST, and its probably one of the sexiest ive seen in a long time. Props to Vector for making such a awesome toy

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Fantastic. Would love to have a car like that.

My problem would be staying out of jail from getting speeding tickets.

That ride would super charge my entire being.

Everything I own with wheels on it has been modified to go faster and quicker.

My wheel chair is even fast. lol

Now I would like to have a solar car no matter how slow it might be.

Speed is expensive to maintain and to create.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Vector went belly up last time because they couldn't produce a car that stayed together for one thing and they also took deposits for vehicles they knew they could not produce because of parts agreements that weren't met.
This is nothing new in the specialty car business but unless different people are involved in the new Vector, they will never get the car off the ground. It's too long and too low to get any enjoyment out of it on American roads. First speed bump you hit and you'll do $10,000 in damage to it!!

Zindo

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
OMG... THAT IS AMAZING

275 MPH, 2000HP...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by R3KR

yes it is amazing. The dodge viper used to be the fastest car in America but now it looks like the Vector WX8 is giving the Dodge Viper some real competition. The Vector WX8 is likely faster than Italy's Bugatti Veryron!

new topics

top topics

join