It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newt Gingrich, almost official

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich told Fox News anchor Sean Hannity Friday, "My expectation is by the end of this exploratory process, they will have an announcement and we'll be in the race."
link

He has decided to launch an exploratory website to start making money.

Well I don't know much about Newt Gingrich, I was just a kid when he was a house speaker. But, just on the little bit of info in the fox news story (sorry for this as a source), he talks about lowering taxes and spending. I really don't think anyone can argue against that with the sad state we are now in.

"First is, you'd pass very dramatic tax cuts to create economic growth, because if you go from nine percent unemployment down to four, and five percent of the American people go back to work, they come off Medicaid, they come off food stamps, they come off unemployment, they start paying taxes because they have a job," he said.

This quote is a little unbelievable. No way just a tax cut will cut unemployment in half. We need to cut taxes but more importantly get rid of all of the regulation of businesses and individual workers and skilled people. It takes a government issued (and paid for) license to do anything or provide any service.

Of course, I'm sure he is pro-war, maybe he's a neocon like Bush and Cheney. The fact that fox news and Hannity like him makes me question everything. Either way, Obama has a long shot to be back in 2012.

And here is his real dark side

I'd vote for Ron Paul if available. Would not vote for Obama or Gingrich although it really doesn't matter, look at the "differences" between Bush and Obama!

Related thread, Newt Gingrich exploratory committee

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Yeah, I already knew he was gay. He just hides it pretty well.

Ron Paul 2012!!

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Regardless of what your political affiliation you must admit Newt is a highly intelligent person, probably one of the few on the right who could beat Obama in a debate. I'd rather see R Paul in the white house though.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by budaruskie

Ron Paul 2012!!

Due you have first hand experience with that?

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArchIlluminatus

Originally posted by budaruskie

Ron Paul 2012!!

Due you have first hand experience with that?

Why, are you jealous? He's a career politician, former speaker, has absolutely no connection with 95% or more of the population and his name is Newt for Christ's sake. Am I supposed to be excited that he is only running to steal votes away from Ronnie P?

Maybe he can get Dick(head) Cheney to run on his ticket and their slogan can be "New-Dick" the same ole' s__t!
edit on 3/5/2011 by budaruskie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
That's funny! The man must have delusions of grandeur if he thinks
he could ever get elected in this country.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by orbitbaby

IMO although newt will act like a winner to dupe sucker support.. he knows it'll never happen.

Running for president is newts function and reward for being a top notch party tool. He gets to form committees, spend other peoples money, run his pie hole on TV, ride on a bus surrounded by lackeys who message his ego and pretend he's important.

Folks want to see someone articulate their "rage" on television, newt and the other fringe candidates give election show viewers the impression a wide verity of opinions were included and equally debated..

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Who ?

2nd line

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.
edit on 3/8/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by orbitbaby
Bush got elected.

And you know after four years of clinton people were fed up, even liberals. If that can happen and not just once but TWICE then anything goes. Never underestimate a fed up voting public.

I like his plan of lowering taxes but also agree he should have made a point about reducing regulations of businesses. How cna you expect a business to do business here on our shores when the costs are so high? The appeal to going overseas is too great. Without someone who has knowledge of that, they're just putting another nail in our coffin.

I think that when the time comes there'll be enough people that're exhausted by democrat BS. Obama is just getting started ending his own presidency. Only a short while now and he'll be gone.
edit on 8-3-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by BenIndaSun

We've cut taxes enough and for the wrong people.

WHERE HAS IT GOTTEN US?

Stop buying into the conservative lie that lower taxes = economic development.

Lower taxes = more bigwigs keeping their wealth.

That's all there is to it!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

You'd willingly vote for a moral hypocrite over Obama?

God help this country.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I am a conservative/ libertarian kinda' guy....I do not trust Gingrich. He is too smooth, too much like a pro car salesman...something about him I just don't trust.

I'd much rather see a Ron paul/ Chris Christie ticket... now that's entertainment.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fitch303
Regardless of what your political affiliation you must admit Newt is a highly intelligent person, probably one of the few on the right who could beat Obama in a debate. I'd rather see R Paul in the white house though.

I must be the only truther who doesn't trust Ron Paul. I dunno. There's just something about him. Something tells me he's just another good actor.

As far as Gingrich goes, if I thought he could beat Obama, I'd probably be all for him. I don't particularly like him and I'm sure he's at least as bad as Bush. I've decided that as bad as it would be to have another neocon in the WH, Obama is at least as bad. I actually suspect Obama is a neocon and that he is merely keeping it ambiguous for as long as he can.
edit on 8-3-2011 by spicypickle because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-3-2011 by spicypickle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by spicypickle

No offense, but maybe you should read some of Ronnie P's books. He hasn't changed his views, well, ever. That is what makes him such an enigma in the world of politics. I must confess though, I don't think that even his ideas are ultimate solutions. The ideas of consumption based economy and money will have to be abandoned for the ultimate survival of the human race. That's not just my opinion, its the only answer whether we like it or not.

new topics

top topics

join