It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eight SAS men in undercover mission are seized in Libya

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Do you own or drive a car? Use public transportation? Most people in the UK do. Yet your crying about oil?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by LoverBoy

Exactly.

Like it or not, we need the stuff and when crap like this happens and the oil price jumps, we're all affected!

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

" Damned if we do and damned if we don't. "

You think Libyans want to become the next Iraqis? or Afghanis?.. lmao.. suuuuureee.. then again I hear Iraqs green zone is considered the green jewel of Mesopotamia, as fun & popular as an Arab Disneyland!! A close 2nd to the "pride of Iraq"; Six Flags Abu Ghreb...

In Egypt and Jordan, 43 percent and 31 percent of respondents placed blame for the attacks on Israel, with just 16 percent and 11 percent, respectively, pointing the finger at al-Qaeda. Read more at the Washington Examiner: washingtonexaminer.com...

Folks in that area obviously have exactly ZERO reasons to trust US party leaders & NATO clowns, and after having a front row seat to the insult to humanity in Iraq.. the idea of US/UK virtuous "help" is laughable...

US/UK "leaders", so called, want to help themselves to Libyas resources and will lie like a rug to make it happen.. even Ray Charles can see that.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Laura, we need oil, you need oil, we need this war. I want to drive.

I don't want to take the bus anymore, this is why I was ok with the war. Blood for oil, I'm OK with. You know why, because average Americans are not doing anything about it to better the situation and we are all stuck in limbo

The computer you are typing on is made from plastic, which is made from oil. Our whole economy, and consumer electronics (eg lithium in batteries/iphones), modern technology is based on a war for natural resources so you can watch American idol, or your equivalent in Britain.

You British people have let your country get taken over by CCTVs draconian gun laws, nanny state, required to give up your computer passwords, RIP Act, etc etc.

So we all need this war and is a direct result of our ignorance and letting ourselves get fooled. We have no one to blame for the war but ourselves.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Laura, we need oil, you need oil, we need this war. I want to drive.

I don't want to take the bus anymore, this is why I was ok with the war. Blood for oil, I'm OK with. You know why, because average Americans are not doing anything about it to better the situation and we are all stuck in limbo

The computer you are typing on is made from plastic, which is made from oil. Our whole economy, and consumer electronics (eg lithium in batteries/iphones), modern technology is based on a war for natural resources so you can watch American idol, or your equivalent in Britain.

You British people have let your country get taken over by CCTVs draconian gun laws, nanny state, required to give up your computer passwords, RIP Act, etc etc.

So we all need this war and is a direct result of our ignorance and letting ourselves get fooled. We have no one to blame for the war but ourselves.

Wow. You are quite, quite misguided. CCTV state? No... Just no... Draconian gun laws? You mean a license to own a gun? Hardly draconian. Nanny state? In what way?

Give up passwords? WHAT? Why would anyone do that?

Just where on earth do you get this rubbish from?

And.. your car is more valuable than a human life is it? Shame on you. That's disgusting.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

I bet you cannot go to the grocery store in Britain without being monitored by a dozen cameras. And yes guns are illegal in Britain so there would be no uprisings and the citizens would get bombed like in tripoli if they tried.

It is a nanny state because everything you do over their is told to you, monitored.

Yes it is against the law in Britain to not fork over your password:

The first person jailed under RIPA Part III, for not giving police access to encrypted material, was a schizophrenic man who was later judged to be no threat to national security. He said he was refusing to provide keys on principle, on the basis that he should have a right to silence. He was jailed for 9 months for refusing to hand over his decryption keys, or otherwise decrypt the data, and was later moved to a secure mental hospital part way through his sentence.[22]. Notably, the encrypted material in question was not suspected of securing illegal material[23].

en.wikipedia.org...

In a 2010 case, Oliver Drage, a 19 year old takeaway worker being investigated as part of a police investigation into a child exploitation network, was sentenced, at Preston Crown Court, to four months imprisonment.[24] Mr Drage was arrested in May 2009, after investigating officers searched his home near Blackpool. He had been required, under this act, to provide his 50-character encryption key but had not complied.[25]

en.wikipedia.org...

Yes my car is more valuable than some humans.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Shame on him? He is right. Do you own plastic, a car? Do you use public transportation? That costs oil. Unfortunatly we can't magically pull it out of our rear end.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

I bet you cannot go to the grocery store in Britain without being monitored by a dozen cameras.

I bet you believe the old "caught 300 times a day on camera" bollocks, don't you? Did you read the report that stat came from? I read it...

95% of CCTV in the UK is that found in shops, garages and the like and is unmonitored. It's the exact same CCTV you will find in the US, France or any other nation where shopkeepers install CCTV to help them deter crime or catch those that do commit crime

The other 5% is traffic camera's and in city centres which help Police manage the typical Friday night post-pub punch ups. I can go to my grocery store and not be caught on CCTV until I enter the shop. Like I said, even then that tape is likely wiped over for the next days recording and you don't have armies of people monitoring everything we do. Don't be such a moron.

And yes guns are illegal in Britain

No they're not. Again, don't be a moron and actually research things before you post.

so there would be no uprisings and the citizens would get bombed like in tripoli if they tried.

HAHAHAHA.. No.

The military wouldn't behave like the Libyan military and be much more likely to behave like the Egyptian one.

It is a nanny state because everything you do over their is told to you, monitored.

Is it now? Hmm, funny that, I din't remember being told do anything by the Government. Please elborate seeing as you're obviously an expert.

Yes it is against the law in Britain to not fork over your password:

The first person jailed under RIPA Part III, for not giving police access to encrypted material, was a schizophrenic man who was later judged to be no threat to national security. He said he was refusing to provide keys on principle, on the basis that he should have a right to silence. He was jailed for 9 months for refusing to hand over his decryption keys, or otherwise decrypt the data, and was later moved to a secure mental hospital part way through his sentence.[22]. Notably, the encrypted material in question was not suspected of securing illegal material[23].

en.wikipedia.org...

In a 2010 case, Oliver Drage, a 19 year old takeaway worker being investigated as part of a police investigation into a child exploitation network, was sentenced, at Preston Crown Court, to four months imprisonment.[24] Mr Drage was arrested in May 2009, after investigating officers searched his home near Blackpool. He had been required, under this act, to provide his 50-character encryption key but had not complied.[25]

en.wikipedia.org...

The RIP Act is being repealled and the Government has already taken steps to stop parts of it being used now. It was a poorly thought out Act introduced by the cretins in the Labour party who do love to nanny us.

Yes my car is more valuable than some humans.

What a disgusting thing to say. I know I advocate action in Libya, but only partly due to Oil but the uppermost concern should be to stop attrocities, not make it worse.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

sorry to go off topic but we really dont mind the gun laws and cctv, its criminals who dislike them.

i see the diplomats and sas are on their way home now, heh maybe that idea was to obvious, how to 'free' libya plan b...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

I never said 300 cameras, I said "dozen" There are more cameras in Britain per capita than lots of other countries.

Until your RIP act gets repealed its still a law, just like our Patriot ACT

You guys are being nanny-ed, you guys have squatters that are allowed to take over someone else's house:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Your government says its OK for them to live there lol while the person who owns it cant lol.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

I never said 300 cameras, I said "dozen"

I know, I never said you said 300 times a day, but that is often the quoted figure by persons such as yourself that are as well informed as a brick.

There are more cameras in Britain per capita than lots of other countries.

95% of which are in shops, petrol stations etc and are not monitored whatsoever. What's your point exactly?

Until your RIP act gets repealed its still a law, just like our Patriot ACT

Thankfully, all the snooping councils and what have you don't have the money to use the RIP Act now anyway. It was abused and not used in the spirit it was meant and all that has stopped now.

You guys are being nanny-ed,

Elbaorate. It's all fine and dandy you saying we get nannied, but care to provide any evidence?

you guys have squatters that are allowed to take over someone else's house:
Your government says its OK for them to live there lol while the person who owns it cant lol.

It's actually Common law, not an Act of Parliament and dates from the middle ages. Nothing to do with "our Government". I would suggest reading up on it. It isn't as clear cut as the Daily Mail article claims, although I admit it is a sad state of affairs that rare incidents like this happen. That said, if that was my house, i wouldn't get the authorities involved and just make a few choice phone calls, the problem would be solved.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

and just so you know , Acts and statutes arent Law , we all follow the common law of the land , acts and statutes only work for those willing to consent to the legal process!

Freemen of the land dont need to consent to these silly laws.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Im disscusing the £2 litre here and the 2 prices i have down are projected based on £2 and converted into dollars and for americans who drive that is $14.40 a gallon

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Are you the oldest poster on here? are you 12 years old?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join