It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All this 2012 nonsense!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Isnt it sad how we humans can be so easily roped into believing anything, especially when the media pushes it, exact date for the end of the world,global warming, evolution, etc, etc, etc.For those that do not know hollywood has actually made 2012 into a movie called - 2012:doomsday.

Just goes to prove this is all just a scam to make money. It seems like a lot of astrologers are even playing into it, writing articles about certain “rare” astrological alignments in 2012, even trying to link it with the completely unrelated notion of the “Age of Aquarius” and generally helping to feed the hysteria.
Though the Mayan calender does stop right then,its not because they thought thats when they thought the world would end. In fact, they believed it would be when humanity would enter a higher level of conciousness. However, we are just dealing with beliefs.Seriously though, what’s wrong with people? I walked into a bookshop the other day and there was an entire bookcase that was literally packed with different books on 2012.
a number of different speculations have been put forward about the significance of 2012. Here are a few popular theories about what will happen in 2012:

There will be pole shift.

Aliens invade earth and enslave humanity (à la X-Files)

An asteroid or comet will hit the Earth.

A global spiritual awakening/shift in consciousness will take place.

The end of the world will occur in some form or another.

Planet X/Niburu will swing into orbit and take out Earth/reestablish human contact with aliens.

Don’t feed the hysteria people. If you run into someone who is convinced that something is going to happen in 2012, then either sit down and try to talk some sense into them, as you would a small child who is afraid of the dark, or just nod your head and back away very slowly.

They've been saying the worlds going to end in 2000,2004,2006,2007....

edit on 5-3-2011 by CandiceZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Thier is a 2012 forum for this stuff.
Second line.
edit on 5-3-2011 by brokenbullet56 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
They're making ANOTHER 2012 movie?...

Not even going to consider it, first one was bad enough...

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by CandiceZ

Is that it?
Well obviously 2012 must be rubbish if you say so, armed with all the convincing evidence.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

What evidence??

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

what does the media have to do with charles darwin's theory of evolution.

edit on 5-3-2011 by lewman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
The fact is , that there are many natural and man-made disasters that could take place any time , im talking even tomorrow that we should be worried about even more than 2012 , hurricanes , earthquakes , tsunamis , nuclear war , viral outbreaks etc , 2012 is just a date along with the list of others that keeps us afraid , keeps us distracted , and makes us spend money. This is called scare tactics , fear mongering etc. The fact of the matter is we should always be prepared for disaster , but dont let it consume your life or well being . que sera, sera , we cant change it so live your life to the fullest and enjoy what we have while we have it

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by reefdiver910
2012 is just a date along with the list of others that keeps us afraid , keeps us distracted , and makes us spend money. This is called scare tactics , fear mongering etc. The fact of the matter is we should always be prepared for disaster , but dont let it consume your life or well being . que sera, sera , we cant change it so live your life to the fullest and enjoy what we have while we have it

exactly, well said!

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by lewman

Darwin is an idiot. Are you trying to tell me that a monkey and a cucumber are cousins? Right, and what about the evolution of the horse? Species don't evolve from other species, there has NEVER been a transitional fossil of ANY species from one to another, even from CRO-MAGNON MAN to HOMOSAPIEN. And don't believe this "facts are the worlds data" crap unless you can prove it yourself, otherwise your going on someone else's PERCEPTION of the world's data. --- "Listen to everything, believe nothing, unless you can prove it''

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by CandiceZ

What evidence??

EXACTLY!! Youve just massively contradicted yourself, you have as much evidence to prove that 2012 won't happen as I have that it will. Im off to watch Shutter Island on Sky, goodnight.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Don't know which thread to reply to, this one or the identical one in the 2012 section.. I'm so confused!!

Something to think about......

All those saying 2012 will be the end of the world.. are speaking garbage.

All those who have been pointing out the build-up in the world toward some type of climax.. are speaking truth.

The first one isn't happening, the second is.. you only have to have eyes and ears open to see that all around you over the past 20 years of changes as this build up gets into stride.

Where it will lead us... well, that's anybody's guess at the moment, although I do know of a few people who like me have foreseen what is to come over a protracted timeframe. And what we have seen is NOT the end of the world.. only the End of How We Live on this World.

And.. there has been a steady build-up in those seeking growth of Awareness... as per the New-Age Belief.. so that is happening, exactly as it should be in this timeframe.

One side says only earth changes will occur... the other side says only Growth of Awareness will occur...Both sides miss the important thing...... Both things are happening at the same time! As it should.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

"Darwin is an idiot". Haha, thats the funniest thing ive heard in ages, ATS must be grateful that such a world renowed expert has joined our happy band, oh the arrogance of youth.

Darwin is an idiot. Are you trying to tell me that a monkey and a cucumber are cousins? Right, and what about the evolution of the horse? Species don't evolve from other species, there has NEVER been a transitional fossil of ANY species from one to another, even from CRO-MAGNON MAN to HOMOSAPIEN. And don't believe this "facts are the worlds data" crap unless you can prove it yourself, otherwise your going on someone else's PERCEPTION of the world's data. --- "Listen to everything, believe nothing, unless you can prove it''

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

It COULD happen, but I very much doubt that it will because there is NO EVIDENCE....

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife

"Darwin is an idiot". Haha, thats the funniest thing ive heard in ages, ATS must be grateful that such a world renowed expert has joined our happy band, oh the arrogance of youth.

Thought you were off to watch your Shutter Island on Sky??

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Cro-magnon man and Homo Sapien are the same thing.... Modern Man.. Homo Sapien Sapien.. that' us.

The evidence for changes is going on every moment of every day.. and if one had been watching for 10 or 20 years they will have noticed the increases as we head towards what can only be described as a climax of a type.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpreadLoveNotHate
They're making ANOTHER 2012 movie?...

Not even going to consider it, first one was bad enough...

Hey, I enjoyed that movie even if it wasn't as good as Knowing was.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Its sad how humans / americans in particular are totally at the hands of their masters.....

ABSOLUTE obedience, we accept everything as if we are designed to eat this # as total truth..

fluoride makes me / us calm and passive.. semi-retarded.... totally vulnerable for control.. and misdirection

It also reacts in your brain to take up more aluminum
www.fluoridealert.org...

You know that metal they have been spraying our little slave faces with?
edit on 6-3-2011 by doommarine3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Ahah the first 2012 movie was a complete waste of time. I was pissed when i walked out of the cinema.

And i do agree with you.. there is too much hype about 2012, planet x/niburu/tyche, whatever the hell it is.

I bet nothing is going to happen.. again.

IMHO of course

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
With all the weather changes,earthquakes & other nasty things happeneing to the planet you can't help but think you know what maybe something will happen.
i'm not talking about aliens or planets visiting us,i'm talking about something natural & big that will effect us all,multipal earthquakes in big cities,polarice cap melting faster.

I have a feeling something will happen just not sure what

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
2012 non-sense? Open your eyes dear! It is happening as we speak. Maybe you're one of those who's gonna say that everything that is happening right now is perfectly normal and has happened every single years...Well, if you're one of them you're obviously wrong. Look at what is happening and try to connect the dots. Some people fail to do that...

Political tensions, second suns, protestations, weather strangeness, Tyche, Elenin, Betelgeuse going supernova, floodings, earthquakes, Yellowstone now being an active volcano, the odd Sun, the Heliosphere collapsing, an increase in UFO activity, TSA, UAVs all across the States this summer, Obama who still didn't prove his citizenship, the economy struggles, the animal die-offs, the crossing of the galactic equator on 2012, NASA scientists disclosing extraterrestrial life (there was an article about this yesterday, they most probably found bacterias in a meteorite)...

Seriously, if all of this looks like delusional non-sense to you, you are allowed to open your TV and loose yourself in the bliss of the illusion of life earthly life...

Ignorance is bliss...
edit on 6-3-2011 by Gab1159 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join