It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Power Supplier Admits Going Green Will Put the Lights Out in Britain

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by works4dhs
in the U.S. it's almost impossible to start a new power plant (esp nuclear), and the Obama admin is throttling new drilling for oil, esp in the Gulf of Mexico. we have tons of oil in Alaska and off the Arctic, but our govt won't allow us to get it.
why? the liberal Democrat party is obsessed with global warming and ecology, and they are convinced that 'green energy'--solar, wind, etc--will supply the shortfall. they are apparently too stupid or too heartless to realize that we are YEARS away from the technology to produce 'green' power in quantity.
meanwhile the poor and middle class in the U.S. pay out the nose for energy that we could be producing ourselves.

only comfort is that in the far future when other fossil fuels are exhausted we'll still have some since they won't let us get it now!

I didn't know that T Boone Pickens was a liberal Democrat. Last I heard T Boone Pickens was a Republican oil man who is advocating wind and natural gas that is nearly as green as hydrogen. You may want to Google the Pickens Plan. It's very green and very practical.

Here is a link to the Pickens Plan www.pickensplan.com/

The companies doing wind are not some tree huggers. They are GE, United Technologies, Siemans ect..

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Unfortunately in the UK nearly all of the major suppliers are foreign owned, so there is no incentive for them to look at cheaper or greener alternatives. They get the bill payers money and Government subsidies. Win win for them. Instead of investing in wind farms they should use the money to fit out homes with solar panels and small wind turbines, insulation and double glazing. We could all generate our own power and get rid of the fat cats bleeding us dry. No more oil wars. No more coal or nuclear power stations.
Like thats ever going to happen!

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by dodgydave

That's not entirely true. Alot of the Companies are UK owned and based, such as Centrica, Scottish power etc.

Also, your rant about solar panels and the like is a bit pointless, as Government grants exist for people to have panels and turbines installed, feed in tarriffs exist to enable you to sell excess energy and I don't see why anyone but you should pay to have your windows changed. You'll be wanting someone to pay for new carpets next, after all, better carpets mean better insulation...
edit on 2/6/11 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Do a little research on "Enron rolling blackouts".

You have already forgotten.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Sorry, that post doesn't come across as I meant it to. What I meant was, wouldnt it be nice if the public could generate their own power just through the use of small roof mounted turbines and a few solar panels. Im sure the technology is there to make the efficiancy of such devices much more effective.
But its not in the interests of the electricity suppliers as it would cut into their outrageous profits.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SunSword

Big surprise there, a 'power supplier' (see: someone who benefits and makes a profit from our avoidance of clean technology) complaining about green technology....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join