It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Petrol in UK could reach £2 a litre

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I havnt had a car for nearly two years now, for the simple reason of not being able to afford one.

Each passing day the possibility of me getting one grows further and further away.

This news on oil prices increasing will just push it further out of reach.

And thats not forgetting the knock on effect that this will have on EVERY THING.

Food prices will raise to new highs, some will disappear from the shops altogether.
Public services wont be able to opperate at their full effect because petrol and the cost of travling will be too high, resulting in more services being cut.

My job will defanately be effected in a big way, due to its reliance on vehicles that are necessary to carry out work and transport materials..

Talk about being kicked when your all-ready down...

It seems our materialistc way of life and its aparent excesses is about to be given a new beating.

Its just a question of "where is this all going?" that needs to be answerd... we wont end up in the stone age, but some sort of life style similar to the 1900's wouldnt be a far off guess in my opinion, the way things are going.

On your bikes, horses etc to travel.
A new labour revolution where we will have to be more self-sufficient and learn to live in a more efficient manner.
Growing your own food etc... makes me wish I payed more attention to my grandpa when he used to grow veg... Instead of playing on my gameboy.

Reality bites.

eee.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
This country is going to hell and as usual the people who put us in this mess are the ones who profit from it, while everyone else suffers. When law and order deteriorates to middle-east standards, the brainless, ignorant thugs that populate this forsaken island will make us wish we were in Libya or Afghanistan. I've seen what the native animals do here with the threat of the law (which they often use to their advantage due to the corruption), I would hate to see what they do without it.

Get ready for hell.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Yes it dosnt matter which party you vote, as its all the same gang and we the public are not in the gang. We are all in it togeather bla bla bla. We were left a mess by the the last govt. bla bla bla... Didnt the torys and the rest of them political scumbags all vote 100% to ilegally invade Iraq? All of them want kicked out of office. Lying thieving scumbags every fooking one of them.
2£ a gallon? Id glady pay that to help light a fire made up of politicians
edit on 6-3-2011 by illuminnaughty because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminnaughty
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Yes it dosnt matter which party you vote, as its all the same gang and we the public are not in the gang. We are all in it togeather bla bla bla. We were left a mess by the the last govt. bla bla bla... Didnt the torys and the rest of them political scumbags all vote 100% to ilegally invade Iraq? All of them want kicked out of office. Lying thieving scumbags every fooking one of them.
2£ a gallon? Id glady pay that to help light a fire made up of politicians
edit on 6-3-2011 by illuminnaughty because: (no reason given)

The whole system of governance needs a bloody good rethink...
and is pretty much a shambles..

My water company was sold to JP morgan and not only are we in for yet another raise in the prices but also going to get a summer (drought) surcharge.. which is laughable as we sit on one of the UKs largest aquifers capable of delivering water to the rest of the nation for upto 300 years!

My rail company just put fair up 12% and dropped toilets from all it's trains under the banner that we can go for upto 3 hours without a wee no probs.. this follows them closing most of the stations toilets! what a friggin joke..

We are in the grips of a greedy political systems that loves the corporate world far to much, and to be honest if we hit £2 a litre the real nastiness will kick off..

I for one want to see an end to the greed, it's about time we had a real reform of parliament and our political system.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Well sorry to make things worse, but estimates show it could reach £4 a liter.

www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Want cheap petrol?

Simple solution, get rid of the tax on it.

The true cost of petrol is 10-15 Pence a litre.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I'm tired of the " you should stop whining about $4 or $5 dollars a gallon for gas, we pay our first born per liter of petrol. It's all the same. Gas, petrol, fuel, is getting crazy, and there really is no need for it. I do not know how it is outside of the USA, but here the gas companies have carte blanche, they just charge whatever and whenever they want. The post billions in profits each year. These greedy bastards should not gouge us any further. If anyone ever needed regulation, it's the gas and oil companies.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
the true cost of petrol before the fuel duty which im not sure of the fuel duty and then 20% VAT added after is around £1.46 pence in the uk and i think that is around 175% mark up on the origonal 45-50 pence when made,the goverment are rubbing thier thieving palms together when you look at it that way,its ok though if it goes that high we can always give the profits away in foriegn aid while cuting all service across the uk,we british dont need the money and i hope you all know im be sarcastic,sorry
edit on 7-3-2011 by KDM_Souljah because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join