It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radhey Shyham Roy, Indian Executive Burned To Death By Fired Workers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Radhey Shyham Roy, Indian Executive Burned To Death By Fired Workers

www.huffingtonpost.com

After learning they were laid off, about a dozen workers attacked a vehicle carrying Radhey Shyam Roy as he was leaving the factory in eastern Orissa state on Thursday, dousing the Jeep with gasoline and setting it on fire, said police Superintendent Ajay Kumar Sarangi.

Two other people in the vehicle were allowed to flee but Roy, 59, was trapped inside and later died of severe burns, Sarangi said.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.chinapost.com.tw
news.yahoo.com
www.msnbc.msn.com

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
How horrible. This is a story we do not hear too often, we hear about unemployment and lay offs, but rarely do we hear the story that the fired workers exact such bloddy violent revenge. When we do, it is usually in the form of a lone nut scenerio ala going postal.

My first thought on the story is this.

How long until the country of origin on the story says U.S. workers kill executive who fired them as he was entering his Bentley after work?

The US has all of the pieces in place for just this type of event.

Times are bad, people.

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
LINK

I found an article that represents one of the pieces that keep falling into place here in my country, the United States, that I referred to in my OP.

In February, state and local governments wiped 30,000 jobs off their payrolls, mostly in education, the Labor Department said. Since employment levels peaked for public sector workers in August 2008, 450,000 jobs have been shed, almost entirely at the local level, according to the Economic Policy Institute, a liberal-leaning think-tank.

"State budgets are in bad shape and that means you're going to see more cutbacks," said David Wyss, chief economist for Standard & Poor's, who expects state and local governments to lose about 300,000 jobs this year. "The biggest impact will be in the fall, because 'back to school' is going to be 'back to school with fewer teachers.'"

Public schools start their new years in the fall, and the National Education Association, a union for education professionals, expects 100,000 school employees to be laid off.

Think about this. Teachers, less of them in your schools. Children, acting up, with parents who are laid off and broke, often chronically as there are not many jobs to be found in many places. This is the last place we need for there to be less employees!

This is related to the original story, because the same thing that happened in India could realistically happen here, and these type of scenerios such as this one about the public sector bleed out, is directly related to it. In my opinion.

Please share yours.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

posted that yesterday

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

The thing is , that if a company can afford to pay an executive enough to by a Bentley, then they ought to fire that guy instead, and pay the harder working folks who actualy sweat for thier money. Management types are all very well, but pay scales should be based on product. If your job in the business is not directly related to actualy producing the end product, if you dont cut the steel, or put in the bolts, or actualy have any involvement with DOING the work of a plant or factory, then what the hell right do you have to walk off with the lions share of the money, while actual skilled employees loose the right to feed thier kids because they have been layed off?
I do not know ONE company CEO , who is capable of operating the machinery which runs thier empires, cept perhaps the fella that runs Papa Johns. Dude can spin out a gorgeous pizza. Other than that, theres no value in having a suit in your business whatsoever.
I see these board meetings and high powered execs meeting government officials, and I catch myself thinking..." Yeah great, but when are you going to pick up a plasma cutter and an arc helmet and actualy get some work done, you work shy , soft handed , lazy piece of crap?". The people who do not produce, ought to be the first on the block, and the people that keep product moving out of a factory, the people who keep steel comming out of the works, should be the LAST people effected by changes in a business environment. Its only fair.
After all , the suits who give the orders arent risking thier lives and thier health to make business happen. Its the guys working with the metal, with cranes, and forklifts, and heavy cutting machinery (and in some cases sub standard saftey regulations and equipment) who are at the most risk, and sacrifice the most for a businesses success in any case.
Now , please do not misunderstand my meaning, this incident is terrible, and for all I know this particular exec might have been a really good guy... but this sort of crap just wouldnt happen at all, if the working man was considered more important (rightly) to a business than the paper pushers and bureaucrats who manage (do nothing worth paying a person for) the business .

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Every leader of every country and every business should just quit, and we can see how long it takes before the workers realize they need people who manage all the various operations while they work each individual step.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
How horrible.

I don't think so.

I'm tired of the average worker - who typically receives pay that is not equal in value to their long list of job responsibilities - being laid off simply because these wealthy corporate assholes like to irresponsibly waste their company's money on their lives of luxury and corporate gambling schemes. All the while these people at the top - who do absolutely nothing but sit up in their high-rise offices contributing nothing productive to the output of the company - give themselves larger bonuses at the expense of the newly found profits of less employees and - in instances such as in the United States - at the expense of taxpayer-funded bailouts.

So you know what I say? Good. I'm glad he's dead. Multiple people had their financial lives ripped away from them while this guy probably got a bigger bonus at their expense. Screw him. I hope he enjoyed it while it lasted. If karma exists, this is it in action.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
How horrible it had to come to this. How horrible the men were laid off and felt so desperate and enraged and hopeless this was what they did to release that anger. That is pretty horrible to me.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I keep wondering how long it will be before we start seeing this sort of action here in the U.S..

Should that first burning cart get rolled into the gate, how much longer before this spreads nation wide.

join