It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crickets in your wall - Yeah I know...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
But still, Maybe this should in the saving life forums... BS to that!!

I cannot stand those little suckers, am I the only one who actually gets a full blown headache from that one loud insidious critter that sits in your wall and CHIRP CHIRP CHIRP's all night long from 6pm till 6am?

I am sick of ear plugs... man, and you cannot get them... Whack the walls once - they stop.. oh the silence feels like someone gave you some pethadine... 5 mins later, there they are, and your head fills with the sound, and it builds. At first you KNOW you can just ignore it, but 10 mins later, it's shattering every thought you had... WAARRRRRGGHHH.. whack the wall again... it stops. Oh but it's god damned insidious.. this time it knows - 2 mins till it starts up again..

Repeat cycle, till you are watching the cracks in your wall appear and everyone else in the house scream at YOU to STOP....

So you wind up some tissue into bullets and stab them into you ears... oh the release.. the sudden wondrous cleansing freedom.. It is as if you've found the fountain of youth, but for your hearing..

Then your ears start to ache... GOD DAMN IT... you end up one day buying those yellow moulded soft ear plugs..

OMG BLISS...

then......... is that just my imagination, or is a friggen Mozzie on me... I used to be able to hear them bzzzzzzzzzT onto me.. OH FFS... you take the plug out of one ear, and slowly waft your arm.. nothing... but that cricket is there playing ear ball golf with you... back in the plug goes...

again, that sensation of a mozzie... ignore it... another one.. ignore it.. another one... FARK SAKE!!!!! take the plugs out, hear a bazillion mozzies in the room, AND THAT DAMNED CRICKET.

Feed the room half a can of mortien... plugs back in... Oh god now I cant breathe...

I hate sleeping

edit on 5/3/2011 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Some unsolicited advice. I have had issues like yours before. I have actually created small holes in the wall and sprayed boric acid powder in it. Worked for me.

Here is a decent article, hope it helps. Cricket Management

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by BenIndaSun
reply to post by badw0lf

Some unsolicited advice. I have had issues like yours before. I have actually created small holes in the wall and sprayed boric acid powder in it. Worked for me.

Here is a decent article, hope it helps. Cricket Management

The only advice I will take after reading a billion nice sites who advocate listening to the lovely things as music (ARGHHHH) , is socially unsolicited!!
My entire area is abust with them, it's like someone creeking blackboards all the time after 6pm..
you know screecky blackboard sound, to me.. when they stop I get an awesome headrush, it's like an entire balloon the size of my head is let down and I just go "Whhhheeewwww" like a good release of any kind.. but for hours at a time, Ity's a friggen near migrane... I wish I knew why..

THANK YOU!

Will look into. Tho I think I may need to cover my entire house in a tent, spend a week in one and just flabbergast this place...

Thanks mate!

edit --

Oh snap the pdf IDENTIFIED the exact problem, but didnt tell me how at once to kill the fugginbuazards!!

Time to poke homes in my house.....

edit on 5/3/2011 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
several years ago, we had a large fish tank in the office and in said tank was, among other things, an Arowana. This fish loves crickets so my dad, who loved to play with the tank, went and bought 50 crickets for the one fish. he dumped the crickets into the water and watch the fish feast on a couple before leaving for the night.

I left shortly after he did and, when I returned in the morning, the tank was cleared of all crickets.

fact: crickets don't sink.
fact: crickets can motor across the top of the water
fact: when crickets get to the edge of the water, they can get out

we wound up with at least 40 crickets in the office and they chirped all the time. It drove us nuts and, when I was alone, on a saturday, with no phones ringing, no staff to break the silence, I would sit there, much like I am today, toiling away and I'd hear the crickets and the irony was not lost on me.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Solution.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Kudos man...that was a great rant. No wimpy azz rants for you, no sirree. S&F just for the fury of it all.

top topics

join