It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: NASA Scientist Claims Evidence of Alien Life on Meteorite

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
reply to post by Exuberant1

Wait. You mean to say this allege life form was alive before it entered the Earth's atmosphere?

No, the paper says that they have found evidence of fossilised microbes which must be at least 8 million years old.
That rules out contamination since 8 million year old 'contamination' would have to find its way from the surface of the Earth, or from a lab or handling, and then migrate inside the rock.

That's what is really new here - the sample can be aged.

Be aware that there are a bunch of other news stories and papers recently published - probably other scientists trying to bathe in the halo of this paper.

Read the summary, introduction and conclusions of the paper.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
this wont go very far.
for there is an active campaign to cover up extra terrestrial life and any proof for it.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by wingsfan

GReat catch!

I have NO doubt that the universe is teeming with life - and wonder why it's such a scary thought to so many people. ...Why the resistance? Is it rooted in Christianity, and the Judea-Christian Genesis myth?

I also find it interesting that FOX News - the conservative media shill - broke the story. ...Does this represent a change in conservative policy? ...I suspect it does. So things are looking WAY up.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

That is truly remarkable, if it is proven that these microscopic lifeforms could survive in the vacuum of space. Would be one of the greatest scientific discoveries of all time.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Great find, but please don't let this story die. It needs to be talked about and have as many eyes on it as possible for as long as possible.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

That is truly remarkable, if it is proven that these microscopic lifeforms could survive in the vacuum of space. Would be one of the greatest scientific discoveries of all time.

Bro, read the paper already.

No one said that "these microscopic lifeforms could survive in the vacuum of space". No one here at least.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
So teeny, weeny little microbes can make it here on their own without even trying but full blown aliens can't? Hmmm, I think the bulk of university indoctrinated scientists is going to (sooner than later) be forced into a change of mind set.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
From article:

"Given the controversial nature of his discovery, we have invited 100 experts and have issued a general invitation to over 5,000 scientists from the scientific community to review the paper and to offer their critical analysis," Schild wrote in an editor's note along with the article. Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Sounds like real science, awesome! A cover-up of evidence like this I don't see. If it is real, it's real. The number of scientists they would have to "get to" would be large. But I base that on the fact that my opinion of the majority of scientists in this world (90%+) are truly looking for answers. Hence why they got into the field.

Call it wishful thinking or whatever.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by dainoyfb
So teeny, weeny little microbes can make it here on their own without even trying but full blown aliens can't? Hmmm, I think the bulk of university indoctrinated scientists is going to (sooner than later) be forced into a change of mind set.

You also need to read the paper before commenting .

No one said that these things came to earth while alive. That idea came from your mind, not the paper.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by dainoyfb

I don't see where Science has ruled out alien life. There are a number of prominent, leading researchers in Physics and Biology that say even without evidence the likelihood is very high , there is even the field of Astrobiology (self explanatory).

We should all remember that without facts and evidence, science is not science. So unless there are little green men sitting in front of the White House, Science in general can't make a conclusive statement about ET life.

edit on 5-3-2011 by boncho because: Typos

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Maybe, but

Dr. David Marais, an astrobiologist with NASA’s AMES Research Center, says ...

“It’s an extraordinary claim, and thus I’ll need extraordinary evidence,”

imho - the only thing that makes this claim "extraordinary" is scientific dogma steeped in religious dogma. Why on earth [sic] wouldn't life exist elsewhere? ...and correct me if I'm wrong please, but space is NOT a "vacuum."

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
the vatacan is now setting up a web site to answer questions that science raises
this alows them to provide the science and reasure their followers "all is ok" in this changing scientific world
one thing is required before disclosure even at the microbe level and that is that it doesnt shake the foundations of religion

"If the Big Bang was the start of everything, what came before it?"

That is one of the questions being posed by a new website being set up by the Vatican and Italy's scientific community.

After centuries of mistrust between religion and science, the intention is to give the public a greater understanding of both sides.

The website, which will be available in Italian and English, has information on everything from astronomy to theology, from space missions to philosophy and art.

It will have three portals - one for a general audience, one for students and their professors, and one for scholars.

Continue reading the main story

Start Quote
I can believe in God and at the same time accept Einstein's theory that time has not always existed”
End Quote
Monsignor Gianfranco Basti
Within each portal, there will be a variety of multimedia platforms, including a cosmology section, and one that will have the latest data collected by satellites and unmanned probes.

The venture is being run jointly by the Vatican and the Italian Space Agency, ASI.

BBC

there was also a lead scientists on one of the first mars missions that also says their experiment showed life on mars and the evedence got buried for almost 20 years

Scientists repeated a key Viking experiment using perchlorate-enhanced soil from Chile's Atacama Desert, which is considered one of the driest and most Mars-like places on Earth, and found telltale fingerprints of combusted organics -- the same chemicals Viking scientists dismissed as contaminants from Earth.

"Contrary to 30 years of perceived wisdom, Viking did detect organic materials on Mars," planetary scientist Christopher McKay, with NASA's Ames Research Center in California, told Discovery News. "It's like a 30-year-old cold case suddenly solved with new facts."

"If the Viking team had said 'Well, maybe there's perchlorate in the soil,' everybody would have said they're crazy -- why would there be perchlorates in the soil? It was only by having it pushed on us by Phoenix where we had no alternative but to conclude that there was perchlorate in the soil … Once you realize it's there, then everything makes sense," McKay added.

source HERE

so if the cover up has been in place for so long
why is the vatacan setting up a resource to reasure the flock
at the same time the microbe issue is allowed to print?

xploder

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Great stuff XPLodER - thanks.

It's looking like a sea change, isn't it? ...'Bout time I say.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Wow, so not only did life spontaneously create itself on earth, which has a probability of 1 in 10^40, but life created itself elsewhere in the universe, and evolved to form bacteria that looks the exact same as here on Earth!! You all plan on buying magic beans from this guy too...

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

No one said that these things came to earth while alive. That idea came from your mind, not the paper.

I did read the paper, You presume aliens have to come here alive. How about self regenerating robots or any other technology that we can not yet grasp. Dangit, that's right, we already know everything that is possible and isn't possible.
edit on 5-3-2011 by dainoyfb because: I posted a blank post.

Also, there is great speculation that life on earth was seeded in just this way so perhaps microbes surviving the trip from somewhere is not that far fetched either.
edit on 5-3-2011 by dainoyfb because: I added the last sentance.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
christ almighty!! I finally found a story not posted, hit post and goto bed. only to find out I was still bested by 3 mins! you guys are too fast

"if" these type of microbes were/are floating around through space, this can potentially mean similar species might have seeded different worlds. this was the answer star trek used to give to people that always wondered why the vast majority of all aliens on the show appeared humanoid.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Agreed.

Read the paper.

For once a story with a shedload of sensible supporting information , and people don't bother reading it.

Download the paper, the link is in this thread, twice.

I think this is one of the most important stories ever posted on this forum, yet folks cannot be assed to do something basic like read the supporting info.

Please do that :-)

Then come back and we can debate it like lions. A deal?

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ommadawn

Pay attention when reading my post. I never said anything about the microbes being alive. Then don't be so derogatory, Deal?

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Fossils. FOSSILS.

FOSSILS. Made it here.

Maybe they could find a fossilized grey hurtled to the planets surface.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Yes, I know fossils made it here. This is the third time that I have said that I have read the article and it is the third time I have said that the microbes were not alive. So what is your point. If you know as a fact that there is no possible way in the universe that something other than a fossilized microbe could make it from one place in space to another then please present your proof. I and others would be extremely enlightened by it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join