It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: NASA Scientist Claims Evidence of Alien Life on Meteorite

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   

www.foxnews.com

We are not alone in the universe -- and alien life forms may have a lot more in common with life on Earth than we had previously thought.

That's the stunning conclusion one NASA scientist has come to, releasing his groundbreaking revelations in a new study in the March edition of the Journal of Cosmology.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
well, there you have it!! more fossil evidence of potential other-worldly life forms. apparently there is quite a bit of this type of evidence but it is heavily scrutinized by the scientific community.

I found this part the most exciting though. not only do some of these organisms look similar to ours, but many are completely alien in appearence!!

“The exciting thing is that they are in many cases recognizable and can be associated very closely with the generic species here on earth,” Hoover told FoxNews.com. But not all of them. “There are some that are just very strange and don’t look like anything that I’ve been able to identify, and I’ve shown them to many other experts that have also come up stumped.”

personally to me this type of news is "game changer" type of stuff, but I suspect sheen, gaga, and the royal wedding to push this historical news to the MSM wastebaskets.

www.foxnews.com

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by wingsfan

www.foxnews.com

We are not alone in the universe -- and alien life forms may have a lot more in common with life on Earth than we had previously thought.

That's the stunning conclusion one NASA scientist has come to, releasing his groundbreaking revelations in a new study in the March edition of the Journal of Cosmology.

Thanks for the link.
Few thoughts:
- this is FOX, people
- this in one person claiming, people
- I didn't read the article in the March edition of JOC yet

edit on 5-3-2011 by NeverSleepingEyes because: updates the JOC part: the article on FOX links to the article, so it appears. Didn't see that when first drafting the reply

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by wingsfan

well, there you have it!! more fossil evidence of potential other-worldly life forms. apparently there is quite a bit of this type of evidence but it is heavily scrutinized by the scientific community.

I found this part the most exciting though. not only do some of these organisms look similar to ours, but many are completely alien in appearence!!

“The exciting thing is that they are in many cases recognizable and can be associated very closely with the generic species here on earth,” Hoover told FoxNews.com. But not all of them. “There are some that are just very strange and don’t look like anything that I’ve been able to identify, and I’ve shown them to many other experts that have also come up stumped.”

personally to me this type of news is "game changer" type of stuff, but I suspect sheen, gaga, and the royal wedding to push this historical news to the MSM wastebaskets.

www.foxnews.com

lol isn't that so true. i have always believed junk is purposely reported on and plastered across the media to distract people, and i guess they pulled a fast one on me. i don't watch much TV anymore, but Sheen has been EVERYWHERE in the media from video, internet, radio, magazines, and that old antique thing is getting in on the action, the 'newspaper'(did i say it right?)

2 weeks ago he was just a drunk. now he's the president it seems.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
lol, ninja'd on another board by 3 minutes and used the exact same title

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
As i stated on the other thread regarding this,i am aware of the theory that life on this planet may have been helped along via meteorite impacts bringing the necessary components.

A plausible theory in my opinion.

S+F

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
The last time I remember hearing of a potential alien microbial lifeform on a meteorite was probably the incident which involved a piece of what was thought to be Mars , and the fellow who discovered what he thought were fossilised microbes.
He was proven right, but only after a significant chunk of time. I would hope that this new discovery will not be treated in as slovenly and lazy a manner by the establishment as the last discovery of this sort was.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Any pictures or further sources?

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
If you find organic material on meteors, it's really laughable to think that organic materials and lifeforms can't form on planets incredibly easy. There is an abundance of organic material throughout the universe, as well as an abundance of lifeforms, of this i'm positive. Mix one part heat, one part wet, and one part radiation. Ding fries are done.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
This is the closest thing to disclosure I've ever seen.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by wingsfan

"Given the controversial nature of his discovery, we have invited 100 experts and have issued a general invitation to over 5,000 scientists from the scientific community........ Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Sounds like he knows the gravity of his claims and understands the skeptical Goliath he is up against.
Don't know but I hope the find is legit.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
You guys should check out the paper and have a look at some of the pictures.

And read it too.

From the paper:

Many of the filaments shown in the figures are clearly embedded in the meteorite rock matrix. Consequently, it is concluded that the Orgueil filaments cannot logically be interpreted as representing filamentous cyanobacteria that invaded the meteorite after its arrival. They are therefore interpreted as the indigenous remains of microfossils that were present in the meteorite rock matrix when the meteorite entered the Earth�s atmosphere

Journal of Cosmology, 2011, Vol 13,
JournalofCosmology.com March, 2011

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Wait. You mean to say this allege life form was alive before it entered the Earth's atmosphere?

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0f48805ca296.jpg[/atsimg]

If this was found on earth, could this have been tainted with earthly microbes in or around impact?

Good find anyway.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
A full copy of the paper is over here
Paper

It's pretty long, but unlike say a Maths paper, it's quite a good read.

For instance, although over 35,000 meteorites have been found, carbonaceous chondrites are extremely rare.
They've only ever found nine of them (they disolve when exposed to water).

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

That depends. If the microbes were discovered on the surface of the object,then one could be forgiven for assuming that thier presence must be explained by transfer from the impact site. However, if the microbes were discovered sub surface (and do bear in mind that the heat of entry into the atmosphere would have burned any remenant of a microbe from the face of the object in any case, so surface finds would be automaticaly suspicious) then that would suggest that the microbe had been in situ for a considerable time, and may have been in place when the meteorite it came from, was first ejected from whatever body it was a part of originaly, and propelled into space.
Also , it is not just the find of this microbe, and not just its similarity to terran born analogues, but also the differences between terran microbes, and this sample, which make this an interesting find. If ,for instance, the scientist who discovered this, also discovered that the microbe bore a suspicious level of resemblance to an earth born one, then he would have checked pretty hard to ensure that he wasnt just being a bit silly. I cannot stress enough that last time a discovery of this sort was made, confirmation took years because , so unwilling were scientists to change thier ideas of how life occurs, that they held confirmation back and back and back, for no other reason than over inflated egos.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
hmm im not sure what to believe but It does seem like an attempt to bring to the publics attention the prospect of alien life.

If the same thing happened ten years ago i'd imagine that the media would give it much less attention and treat it with great sceptisism.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Having a look at the paper, there's two key things they are tying together.

1) What looks like evidence of microbiological life similar to that found one Earth,
only this stuff was found in a meteorite.

2) This biological evidence has no detectable Nitrogen in it. On Earth, any biological matter up to
82,000 years old has levels of Nitrogen that are easily detected. It's only when you start looking at
biological matter that is say at least 8 million years old that you find the Nitrogen trace missing.

So what he found on this rock that dropped from the sky has biological traces
that are millions of years old.

That kinda rules out contamination.

The full paper is here
full paper

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0f48805ca296.jpg[/atsimg]

If this was found on earth, could this have been tainted with earthly microbes in or around impact?

Good find anyway.

Geez.

That is an image of a terrestrial microbe.

Read the paper bro.

This top one is the suspected microbe from mars - the bottom one is from here:

*There are more pics of the potential mars microbes in the paper.

Like this one:

And this one:

edit on 5-3-2011 by Exuberant1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
reply to post by Exuberant1

Wait. You mean to say this allege life form was alive before it entered the Earth's atmosphere?

At some point, yes - that is what the paper theorizes.

They don't say that re-entry killed it or anything, but the paper does say these appear to be the remains of microbes that originate from a non-terrestrial source.

Edit: More pics of suspected microbes. This is wild stuff:

edit on 5-3-2011 by Exuberant1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join