It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

baby bhudda?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
so, my daughter is a bit older than 2 and has become extremely possessive. i know that all children this age come into this so i am not really worried about the implications. i just really despise materialism and i am trying to raise her the best way i think possible.

from time to time i like explore different viewpoints to debate with myself (ego?) how rational i think my argument is. i am aware (maybe) that when children are born, they are formless entities. that is the dont believe they have a form, only a consciousness. this is interesting because although existing in the see/touch physical planes, they have no idea they are part of it. only observers. my thoughts are this. what if being born and the few months to follow are just remnants of a rebirth process we all undergo as a result of constant change (same) in the eternal journey.

This leads me to my thesis
. what if when we see possessiveness in toddlers, what is actually happening is that the child is trying to put into words oneness that we all talk about. "thats my _____" really means i am that and that is me and i am one with everything. i dunno. silly? on point? anyone ever though this?

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
well that is an interesting theory you have there and could well be possible

i have this theory of my own(this my own opinion) i think when we are born as babies one we are the closest to death and i also we are born with the knowledge of the universe how things are why etc as we grow and learn get older we forget what we know maby not forget but store/ lock away the knowledge in a part of our brain that we can't acess or don't know how too

well that my theory anyway some food for thought

edit on 4-3-2011 by karmajayne because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-3-2011 by karmajayne because: spelling

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Your guess is as good as any.

After undergoing therapy for the past 25 years I believe I have finally realized that I knew of an event that happened when I was still in my mom's womb.

I will talk more of that in a thread soon.

All animals are born with a need to be nurtured and fed. We as parents must teach them to share.

Your job as a parent never ends.

My children are grown and have children of their own.

My job now is to make sure and pass on vital survival skills and gardening.

My biggest job is facing death with no fear and trying to embrace death as well as the time I have left.

It helps to remember there are always eyes looking at you and watching how you handle your good and bad times in life.

Being a parent is the hardest but most rewarding and heartbreaking job there ever was, is or will be.

I'm so very thankful I am a mother, grandmother, great grandmother, aunt and great aunt and great great aunt.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by karmajayne

i like your theory

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

you sound awesome!! i have also taken to gardening. it is too cool.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TomJoad

thank you!!

kinda out there but hay one has to wonder

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TomJoad

you are probably close to the mark on your theory.
I think we are born with access to all conscious wonders and abilities.
We are just raising them not to appreciate these abilities.
Then when we get older some wake up to this and spend a lifetime meditating and learning to re-awaken what we lost.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Many babies are born with all kinds of personalities, and it is up to the parents to create the right kinds of associations. In terms of oneness, we are all one thing, its self evident, however, our relationships to each other, within our oneness, are the test that this life is really about.

I remember, we had a young baby at our house, she was very possessive as well. I remembered clearly, that it was not actually the object itself that she was possessive over. I remember, she had some kind of toy, I would pick up another toy, and pretend to be having a fun time playing with it, immediatley she would cry, and then I would give her the toy. I would then pick up the toy that she had been previously holding, and then also pretend to have a fun time playing with it. I remember the irony of it all, I thought that even if I picked up a stick or a piece of lint, if I showed enough interest in it, she would start to cry and demand it from me. Humans huh...

The problem with possessive behaviour is that if it is not controlled at a young age, it will integrate itself into the ego and sense of self when the child learns how to speak, and eventually how to speak to themselves in their own minds. Try the experiment at home, find any random thing, but pretend to be having the time of your life playing with it, I can almost guarantee you that she will want to play with it as well. Materiality - its an illusion, its all about our perception of what we see, and the emotional/psychological value that we attribute with it.
edit on 5-3-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-3-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

top topics

join