It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libyan currency worth £100m seized by Home Office

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Libyan currency worth £100m seized by Home Office

www.bbc.co.uk

Libyan currency worth £100m ($162m; 200m Libyan dinars) has been impounded from a ship, the Home Office has said.

The ship was intercepted by UK authorities after heading back to British waters following an aborted attempt to dock at Tripoli.

The money, which was printed in north-east England and impounded at Harwich, has been taken to a secure location.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Now I found this very interesting, a bunch of Libyan cash has turned up. Money printed in Brittan then sent back to Brittan after failing to dock a Tripoli. Who else smells a rat, almost as if the British Government were trying to smuggle some cash in to Libya for one of the opposing forces.

Let me know what you think and would ATS please fix this stupid word limit on how much i have to post.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
It makes no sense that British authorities would arrest a ship they had put money on if they were trying to fund the resistance in Libya. If they wanted to do such a thing they could have easily loaded it on a small warship, for plausible deniability they could use a standard cargo ship and just make sure it gets through customs.

So i don't think the British government are involved in this one. If they were then that money would have been quietly removed and no one would have heard about it.

Our intelligence services are not inept

join