It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WeAreChange confronts former CIA Director James Woolsey on media manuiplation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

WeAreChange confronts former CIA Director James Woolsey on media manuiplation

James Woolsey denies CIA media control
Former CIA director plays dumb on Operation Mockingbird and admitted state-backed media propaganda.
[...]
WeAreChange.org founder Luke Rudkowski confronts James Woolsey, former CIA Director, PNAC signatory, member the CFR and World Affairs Council, about the CIA’s historically established programs to control and influence the media.
Woolsey is asked about a statement from William Colby, CIA director from 1973-1976, who said, “The Central Intelligence Agency owns everyone of any significance in the major media.” Woolsey denied the truth behind the statement, making reference to Colby’s untimely death by boating accident (though he didn’t die until 1996).

Source: www.infowars.com...

I like to think that I'm pretty read up on these things but while I heard of Mockingbird, I never heard of that specific quote from the former CIA director, nor have I ever seen those videos the agency being asked about such practices. Pretty fascinating stuff. I wasn't quite sure if Mockingbird was real because the two main sources are for-profit books, where the author has a monetary incentive to write things that will intrigue people.

But now I'm pretty convinced.

On second look, while I love what WAC is doing, there doesn't seem to be a credible source for the quote, “The Central Intelligence Agency owns everyone of any significance in the major media.” According to the Wikipedia Tal k page on William Colby, the only source is a book that was written years after Colby's death, by an author that has vested interest in conspiracy theories. Those responses the CIA gave to the questioning at Congress are still pretty troubling, though.

edit on 4-3-2011 by ayoss because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-3-2011 by ayoss because: Additional research into Colby quote.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Physchological Warfare

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by GalaxySk8Punk
Physchological Warfare

Yeah..

Psychological Warfare BY Americans
AGAINST AMERICANS

Whats the definition of treason?

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ayoss

Oh boy.... Luke lied.... again. Safe shi*. different day.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by recondoman

how so?

explain Your self

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by reassor

Give me one fact your paranoid mind thinks Luke stated! Please!!

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by recondoman

You said he lied "again"
i would just like to know where and how?

do not attacm me im just askin

new topics

top topics

join