It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fired workers burn Indian executive to death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Ap associated press

Fired workers burn Indian executive to death

– Fri Mar 4, 2:37 am ET

BHUBANESHWAR, India – Indian police detained two people after an angry mob of fired workers burned to death a senior executive of a steel factory, an official said Friday.

After learning they were laid off, about a dozen workers attacked a vehicle carrying Radhey Shyam Roy as he was leaving the factory in eastern Orissa state on Thursday, dousing the Jeep with gasoline and setting it on fire, said police Superintendent Ajay Kumar Sarangi.

Two other people in the vehicle were allowed to flee but Roy, 59, was trapped inside and later died of severe burns, Sarangi said.

Police were questioning two workers and their formal arrest on murder charges was likely, Sarangi told The Associated Press. The steel factory is in Bolangir district, nearly 250 miles (400 kilometers) west of Bhubaneshwar, the capital of Orissa state.

Incidents of industrial violence are common in India, where workers often target executives in cases of wage disputes and job losses.

In 2008, scores of dismissed employees of an Italian manufacturing company, Graziano Transmissioni India, used iron rods and wooden sticks to beat to death the company's local chief executive officer on the outskirts of New Delhi.

I say we outsource all of America's Wall Streeters and CEO's to India

edit on 4-3-2011 by laslidealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
well, they showed him who got fired. this is where we outsource our jobs to?

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by laslidealist

Well, you can only use and abuse people for so long before they fight against the tyranny!!!!
I wouldn't know why they'd want to keep their crap paying job anyway. I suppose that at the very least they could live off that income somewhat. So now they are left out in the cold, people are getting angry and rightly so. And S& F just because I love the last line of your post!

edit on 4-3-2011 by ldyserenity because: spelling
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

by all means, our clown shoe wearing friends on Wall Street and in crooked CEO land should be relocated ASAP.

Your post is a huge eye opener for me. All my life I've been led to believe the people of India are as peaceful as they come. I have heard that thugs like to target India person owned small cash based businesses to rob in the USA because they will not retaliate.

I'm old enough to remember JFK's funeral procession on TV but I learn something new every day of my life.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Whats the difference Between Mob Rule,and a Police State?
Just asking...............

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

i imagine mob rule is anarchy with no one particular controlling faction while a police state is controlled by authority of a ruling party.
I do like the Album (for us older folk) The Mob Rules by Black Sabbath

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

I am old then also.
If you listen to fools,The mob rules, the mob rules................................

I asked because I actually see no difference. Someone is getting hurt,in most cases. Just one has the so called "law" on their side..........

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
There was a similar case in Australia last year with three Indians burning their Indian boss to death after an employment dispute.

www.abc.net.au...

The Indian government tried to use the case for propaganda purposes against Australia, (they wanted our uranium,) insisting it was a case of racial violence of white Australians against India, and claiming Indians would never behave like that.
They sure had egg on face when the murderers were caught.

Many other cases of violence against Indians that they also tried to use, including murder of an Indian child, murder of an Indian woman, assault on an Indian journalist, and an Indian burnt while trying to fake an insurance claim, all turned out to have no involvement from Australians, instead they had been perpetrated by unnaturalised Indians.

I'd love to visit India, but their government is as sick as they come.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by LargeFries

Your post is a huge eye opener for me. All my life I've been led to believe the people of India are as peaceful as they come. I have heard that thugs like to target India person owned small cash based businesses to rob in the USA because they will not retaliate.

An amusing choice of words.

Etymology: thug

From Hindi (thuggee) (or ठग्गी (tuggee)) < Marathi (thag, “thief”), (thak, “swindler”) < Sanskrit स्थग (sthaga, “cunning, fraudulent”) < स्थगति (sthagati, “to cover, conceal”) Thuggee was an Indian network of secret fraternities who were engaged in murdering and robbing travellers and known for strangling their victims, operating from the 17th century (possibly as early as 13th century) to the 19th century. During British Imperial rule of India, many Indian words passed into common English, and in 1810 thug referred to members of these Indian gangs. The sense was adopted more generally as "ruffian, cutthroat" by 1839.

These American thugs wouldn't want to pick the wrong Indian.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I think it's pure democracy. They took a vote, and he lost.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Eventually its going to happen here...but it's not going to be Indians....it's going to be Americans.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
That's why you shouldn't aspire to be a leader or to be in the upper positions of management. If you have to make a business decision that doesn't favor the workers they take it personally. Kind of like how rabid voters try to assassinate presidents when they don't get what they expect.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Now if only they would focus on the Bilderburgers and higher.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

top topics

join