It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The hidden tyranny: children diagnosed and drugged for profit

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Ritalin, Prozac, and a host of others all based on amphetamine like structures. If you haven't read up on it they are in a special area of drugs which can be grouped under Benzodiazepines, ( a lot of current date rape/memory loss drugs are in this category too, also the most prescribed drug in the world VALIUM ), here are a few of the symptoms:

"excessive stimulation of the nervous system leading to nervousness, restlessness, excitability, dizziness, headache, fear, anxiety, tremor, and even hallucinations and convulsions (seizures). Blood pressure and heart rate may increase, and patients may experience palpitations of the heart."

hmm...odd that a drug to cure all these symptoms lists them as "side effects"

A friend of mine in San Luis Obispo , CA is married to a woman that works as a child psych, for the city school system. One day I drew her out on the subject of prescribing Ritalin:

this conversation almost 9 years ago , after I had her angry at me for "questioning her intelligence"(which I hadn't , yet)
Me"..but you are giving children who are still in their formative stage excite-o-toxins that destroy and inhibit their developing nervous systems and brains "

her ( remember this is a state employed child psychologist ) "...(sigh) I admit that the doses and decisions are sometimes budget based but, we lack the time and money to handle those 'trouble' (with her fingers) children, and Ritalin [and it's parallels] enable us to make the children docile so that we do not have to expend extensive resources on them that we do not have"

me "so you burn out some of the kids nerve endings because it's makes him cheaper to handle?"

her "It's not that harsh , but we lack the resources so sometimes children get bumped into this category, and it does make them easier to handle BECAUSE THEY BECOME MORE SUSCEPTIBLE TO SUGGESTION [emphasis mine] and it's our hope that perhaps they can be induced to compliance until they can receive the treatment and attention they need...I mean it's not in our budget but perhaps in a couple of years at high school those programs will become available to the ones that can't get care otherwise"

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I have given my story on this a couple times. Adderall helped me to become a father and a felon before the age of 18. The more trouble I got into the doctor upped my dosage. The doctor didn't care that I wasn't sleeping for more than 2 hours a night, falling asleep at 5a.m. And leaving for school at 7:30 a.m. The doctor focused on me getting in trouble than he did about how I was feeling. They even said I was depressed and gave me sample packs of zoloft at age 15. I had a chance to work with my friend in pharmaceutical sales, but I turned him down. He makes almost 100K a year while a make 30K. But I wouldn't be able to respect myslef if I had joined him. My daughter was diagnosed and medicated behind my back by her mother(we're not together). She ended up losing her insurance and I refused to pay for it. Now my daughter has a tick, licking her lips constantly after abruptly not being on the medication. I remember my doctor saying that it could happen when I was prescribed. But on the lighter side, my daughter is happier and doesn't walk around like a zombie. Drugs are bad, umkay.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

The hidden tyranny: children diagnosed and drugged for profit

www.naturalnews.com

"Children are known to be compliant patients and that makes them a highly desirable market for drugs," says former drug company sales rep Gwen Olsen, author of Confessions of an Rx Drug Pusher. "Children are forced by school personnel to take their drugs, they are forced by their parents to take their drugs, and they are forced by their doctors to take their drugs. So, children are the ideal patient-type because they represent refilled prescription compliance and 'longevity.' In other words, they will be lifelong patients and repeat customers for Pharma."

ADHD, ODD, Bipolar and the ot
(visit the link for the full news article)

Best post of the year, well done!

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
This is one of THE biggest scam operations taking place on multiple continents, and concurrently one of the most dangerous ones as well.

The "blanket diagnosis" of "mental" and "hyper-activity" disorders, and accompanying prescription drug pimping, by the psychoanalytical-pharmaceutical mega-complex.

I agree 100% from my own personal experience. When I was little, back in elementary school, I was having anxiety and was not doing schoolwork. My parents took me to a psychiatrist just to talk about things, and he misdiagnosed me with ADHD (I never had this). What followed was him pushing various drugs on me, some with terrible side effects. I would be on one for a while, and it would obviously not work. I'd get much worse as a result of the medication, and we'd talk about it for a while, and eventually that medication would stop and he'd push a different kind of medication. This went on for a while, with him eventually trying to convince my parents to send me away to some place. I don't remember exactly what it was and probably don't want to know.
All I had was anxiety and he drugged me up and turned a few years of my life into chaos. It reminds me of that "kids for cash" thing. I was essentially a human guinea pig for this psychiatrist and the interests of whatever drug companies were manufacturing the various drugs he had me on.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
i like this post and couldn't agree more. I work with children in a mental health facility. Luckily our psychiatrist is old school and doesnt agree wtih medications. We have had numerous client on ridiculous cocktails of anit psychotics and benzos. Usually these clients are taken of all meds re assessed than re intigrated back home not taking anything ebcasue they didnt need it. Methylphenidate is an epidemic...I blame misinformed teachers, parents, doctors, psychiatitrist. lol just cause you paid 150 000 dollars for your diploma and were good and completeing assginments doesn't mean you have good judgement. garbage people

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Great post, I completely agree with your take on this. I find most "conspiracies" are neither secret, or complicated to understand, but overt, obvious, and offensive. This is a great example. Much like the financial crash and bailout, the bulk of the population seems to follow along, mouth hanging open, and allows the industries and governments of the world to tell us what is best.

We must take responsibility for our own health, finance, and social structure, and stop looking for some hidden villain. Our villains are right in front of us, in our face, advertising and preaching to us every day.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
When I was a child in school, the teachers said I had ADHD. My dad said I had nothing of the sort. He put the fear of jesus in me so to speak with promises of spankings and the lot if I continue to act up in school. Took me only once to call his bluff and find out he wasn't bluffing. I was an honor student from then on. Drugs aren't needed, parents just need to beat their kids. Heh, I'm kidding about the beating part but spank your kids, helped me and my brothers and sisters just fine.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I am the adoptive parent of two pre-teen boys. When they were placed with us three years ago they were diagnosed with PTSD, ADD, ADHD, Toruttes, RAD, Autism spectrum, They were abuse and neglected during their first four years with biological parents and during their last two years in an abusive foster home. They have been med free for two years now. The remaining diagnosis PTSD for one RAD and static encephopathy for the other as a result from pre-natal exposure.

Their prior meds:

.5 mg 3tabs at bedtime
RISPERDAL® (risperidone) is used for the treatment of irritability associated with autistic disorder in children ages 5-17; the treatment of schizophrenia in adults; and the treatment of bipolar mania associated with Bipolar I Disorder in adults.
The most common adverse reactions observed in all clinical trials with RISPERDAL occurring at a rate of at least 10% were somnolence, increased appetite, fatigue, rhinitis, upper respiratory tract infection, vomiting, coughing, urinary incontinence, increased saliva, constipation, fever, tremors, muscle stiffness, abdominal pain, anxiety, nausea, dizziness, dry mouth, rash, restlessness, and indigestion.

This son was constantly hungry, insiable appetite, constant snorting for post nasel drip (rhinitis), constant throat clearing (considered a tic from torettes) constanly under anxiety, and suffered nasea.

Tardive Dyskinesia (TD) is a serious, sometimes permanent side effect reported with RISPERDAL and similar medications. TD includes uncontrollable movements of the face, tongue, and other parts of the body. The risk of developing TD and the chance that it will become permanent is thought to increase with the length of therapy and the overall dose taken by the patient. This condition can develop after a brief period of therapy at low doses, although this is much less common. There is no known treatment for TD, but it may go away partially or completely if therapy is stopped.

Constant tongue play, again considered torettes.

All these symtoms are gone now.

20mg 1 morning one noon
methylin

Methylphenidate is used to treat attention deficit disorder (ADD), attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), and narcolepsy.

Do not use this medication if you are allergic to methylphenidate or if you have:
glaucoma;
a personal or family history of tics (muscle twitches) or Tourette's syndrome; or
severe anxiety, tension, or agitation (methylphenidate can make these symptoms worse).

All these contraindications with the exception of glaucoma were symptoms that my son had. Yet he was prescibed this med.

In addition to this he had difficulty sleeping. In fact he had a third med prescribed for sleep.

Child two:

15 mg 1 morning ADDERALL XR

ADDERALL XR was generally well tolerated in clinical studies.3,5,6 The most common side effects in studies included: children—decreased appetite, difficulty falling asleep, stomachache, and emotional lability;

Decreased appetite trouble sleeping, and emotional lability, he cried at everything.

1 mg 2 times a day
About Guanfacine

Guanfacine is an oral, centrally-acting, alpha2-adrenergic receptor agonist used alone or in combination with other drugs for the treatment of hypertension (high blood pressure)....
Other uses for this medicine
Guanfacine is also sometimes prescribed for Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (AD/HD).

The net result of this med was sedation. He hid under a hood and wanted to sit a do nothing.

Today I have two med-free vibrant children. They still have emotional and behavioral challenges, given the start they had in life you would expect nothing less.

I am not an total opponant of medication for kids with attention issues, but as a last resort not a first.

I can't prove it but as I look at my boys medical history I believe that they were used as trials for certain meds and that the goal was their sedation for the benefit of foster care and the school.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I would like to personally thank each and every person who chimed in on this thread with your own personal experiences in relation to this subject.

As we can see, this is a very real, and very widespread problem. Many people on this very thread have had their lives and their health affected directly by these "blanket diagnosis" and medicating protocols.

Hopefully by shining light on this subject we can reach a few folks who are teetering on the edge in relation to perhaps having their own children doped up and sedated by overly-eager "authorities", and if nothing else, will get a second opinion, and perhaps explore other options before going the drug route as the FIRST option.

While medication may well work and be effective in many cases, there may be other, safer options in many of these cases as well. Hopefully folks explore ALL options available to their children, and don't just automatically accept the "one size fits all" protocol often adopted by the pharma-medical complex.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join