It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The hidden tyranny: children diagnosed and drugged for profit

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

The hidden tyranny: children diagnosed and drugged for profit

www.naturalnews.com

"Children are known to be compliant patients and that makes them a highly desirable market for drugs," says former drug company sales rep Gwen Olsen, author of Confessions of an Rx Drug Pusher. "Children are forced by school personnel to take their drugs, they are forced by their parents to take their drugs, and they are forced by their doctors to take their drugs. So, children are the ideal patient-type because they represent refilled prescription compliance and 'longevity.' In other words, they will be lifelong patients and repeat customers for Pharma."

ADHD, ODD, Bipolar and the ot
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Boy is this ever an important, and more often than not under-reported story.

This is one of THE biggest scam operations taking place on multiple continents, and concurrently one of the most dangerous ones as well.

The "blanket diagnosis" of "mental" and "hyper-activity" disorders, and accompanying prescription drug pimping, by the psychoanalytical-pharmaceutical mega-complex.

The mega-pharm industries are in the business for one reason, and one reason only---To turn huge profits. And they stop at nothing to achieve these goals---Including greasing "law-makers" and "medical experts" pockets with their lobbyists and perks, which in turn leads these folks to enact loose regulations and over-prescribing and medicating the populace and children at large, all so Big pharma can continue being the largest LEGAL drug dealers on earth.

But are these DRUGS they are pimping truely effective, and necessary? And are they truely safe? Are there other, safer means for dealing with unruly children than doping them up with prescription drugs on a mass scale?

www.naturalnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Wow, once again you are Johnny On the Spot Dimensional, S&F!!!

It is sickening to see how blatantly apparent this is, and yet the masses blindly subject themselves and their families to the will of the pharma tyrants.

I am proud to say that I am 'med' free. No anti-depressesnts, high cholestorol, anxiety pills here. On the rare occasion I do go to see a doctor I'm HIGHLY resistant to any prescriptions... if I don't agree with his prognosis, I simply refuse to use the drug. I know this seems extremely arrogant, but I simply cannot trust a man who is more than likely financially vested in making me a slave to pills.
edit on 4-3-2011 by Dreine because: Typo-riffic!

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
No surprise here. I think most thinking people are aware of this travesty. Children, whose brains are not even fully developed yet, should not be given mind affecting drugs, full stop. It's exactly the same as chiropractors "adjusting" 5 year olds whose bones are still forming. I think those who do these things are endangering the child, and should at least have their license to practice yanked, if not jailed.

Make me glad I never bred...

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
It's a good system they have in place. They give the mothers Walmart frankenfoods to destabilize the fetus's DNA and immune system, making a profit on cheap Chinese imports, then when the kids are born and seem to have "disorders/syndromes", they medicate them up and destabilize them into adulthood, while making an ongoing profit.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Not to mention they do it through our education systems. In Ontario, schools receive something like 100 dollars a year for every child that is on anti-psychotic/behavioural medication 'to support them'. So effectively our schools have financial incentive to get/keep kids on prescription medication.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
This is a really important issue. So many without any understanding of basic differences in nature, ie. some people are calm, slow steady types, some are tense, workaholic, high energy, more reactive, high strung NATURALLY, ie. they fit on a bell curve, of high end or low end range on the normal range. My children were on the High End of the normal, and I already knew it, spoke up to one teacher at school, about it too. No my son doesnt need medication, he's genetically more like his workaholic grandfather on the one side of the family tree, and great grandmother on the other. Its his nature to have more energy. We all have different gifts, and its like a penny with a head and a tail, good points to our gifts, and draw backs.

The toddler years are really hair pulling ones, people who only have one placid child, or none really have no idea of what normal children, are like. I came from a big extended family, and many relatives had more than 2, some 5 or more children, they were all Catholics, and the ones who pay attention had more understanding of all the variations in people and their bahaviors, more realistic understanding.

Then there are the preteen and teenage years.

I can't imagine any parent going along with teachers or doctors instead of relating to each of their children on an individual basis, and finding activities, both physical sports, or punching bags, or trampoline/net, and artistic, music/art, for all their children, and to stop judging other people with their children.

Really, a child having a flare up is No Big Deal.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
When I was a kid, like 6 or 7 I was rather hyperactive and between the school and a doctor they decided I had "ADHD" and was put on Ritalin. I was only on these for maybe 3 moths when my parents sop having me take them because of my obvious altered behavior. I would be in a zombie like state all day, I would literally stare at the TV for hours and not remember a thing I watched, I never ate and would be up all night. there were multiple kids In my school who where diagnosed with "ADHD" and a few of them I still know today and there experience with the drug were just as bad as mine if not worse...It certainly wasn't helping anyone. My doctor now refers to "ADHD" as "a magical wand that can end with any number of drugs"

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Exactly... kids are going to be kids.

"They have trouble paying attention."
OF COURSE THEY DO!!! Children want to play, they want to experience and learn, they're not about to sit down in one spot for more than one minute during their early childhoods. They have a ton of energy to burn; unless you drug them down into a semi-comatose zombie state.

I'm waiting for the day the first doctor tries to tell me my son has ADHD or some sort of nonsense.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Disgusting... Due to the parents inability to raise their kids.. Take them to the pill-pushers and drug them up to make them be quiet and "conform".. Makes perfect slaves for the state - mindless , unquestioning drones.. They need to let kids be kids thats how they learn, grow and become productive members of society.. The blame lies with the parents, the pill-pushers who think theyre doctors - they forget - do no harm - yet the drugs they hand out do far more harm than good.. the drug companies who like the doctors profit from the entire obscene mess...

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

good video to watch witha little remark on the topic at hand

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
My son's school tried to get us to give him Ritalin he was originally diagnosed has having ADHD and the school he was in at the time couldn't handle his behavioural problems.
So they tried to persuade us drugs were the answer to his problems.
Even though we told them that his behaviour was OK at home they still pushed for this course of action to which I said "no way is any child of mine going on drugs because a so called expert thinks it for the best".
Any way a long story short it turned out my son has aspergers and has since been moved to a school that is better catered for his needs without the need for drugs.

But the amount of guilt and emotional blackmailed heap on me and my wife by so called experts was unbelievable.
If anyone finds themselves in this situation remember your the expert when it comes to your child and don't let anyone tell you different.
edit on 4-3-2011 by Roguesheep because: Typo

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
My sister and I are actually dealing with this. My niece is half mexican going to a predominantly white school and gets picked on constantly for being a "mutt." One day she decided to fight back and understandably so.There's only so much a 7 year old girl can take. Instead of punishing the children who've been bullying her, they send her to a psychiatrist. He decides she has ADHD.Thank goodness I was there because I demanded that he show me medical results,ie blood work,MRI's etc. He said he couldn't do those sort test but from what he has "observed" she had ADHD and possible Bi-polar.Well the doctor,my sister and I got into a very heated arguement because he wanted to put her on ritalin and some other drug I can't remember at the moment.My sister absolutely refused and now her child can't attend that school until she takes her meds.I'm livid and am not sure what to do.By the way this is a public school and they are well within their legal limits.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I would like to point out that illness and disorders such ADD, Aspergers,bi-polar etc...these ARE real illness's!
I get tired of people saying...''oh that's just bad parenting!'', ''oh, they are just lazy parents'', ''oh, the child is just a brat!''
No! These children DO suffer these things, and my son is one of them.

So people - please don't say these are just made up diagnosis that are not even real. These kids do have these very real problems.

In saying that, these problems CAN be dealt with without drugs. This is the path that I have chosen for my own son. And it CAN be done.

I do also believe some kids are falsly diagnosed which is a shame. But parents living with children with any of these conditions know that the problem is there without shadow of doubt. No-body knows your child better than you do.

Medicating them with crap like ritolin at such a young age is so sad though, taking away their beautiful growing personality, and zombifying it.
Each to their own, but not for my little guy. No way.
edit on 4-3-2011 by Wildeagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

S & F as usual.

Glad you caught this one.

1. Place soda and candy machines in schools.

2. Restrict physical activity.

3. Place social pressure on parents and teachers so children are not effectively disciplined.

4. Diagnose the resulting behavior as ADD, Hyper-activity....

5. Lots of money for Big Pharma who is also into GMO corn and High fructose corn syrup.

More dis info:

Sugar apparently is not as bad for children as popularly believed. A study reported in the New England Journal of Medicine concludes that contrary to the belief of many parents... sugar does not turn their children into hyperactive terrors. In fact... the researchers say their study suggests that sugar may even have a slight calming effect... special.edschool.virginia.edu...

Is that can of soda causing your kids to bounce off the walls?....

The children were given either one diet high in sucrose, one high in aspartame (an artificial sweetener), and one high in saccharin (a sweet substance that presumably has no effect on behavior) during each three-week period. The children, parents, and researchers did not know which diet the children were on as it changed for each three-week period.

Observations of 39 behavioral and cognitive performance factors found that there were no significant differences between the three diets for the “sugar sensitive” children. Preschoolers showed slight variation among the 39 traits, but the differences did not form a pattern.

There is no evidence that consuming sugar or aspartame can make a child with a normal attention span hyperactive. Although sugar does make energy available to the body, it does not increase excitement or activity. Children with attention deficit-hyperactive disorder (ADHD) may metabolize sugar differently, and there exists the possibility that sugar may aggravate a behavior disorder that is already present. However, the majority of studies have found that even these children do not have negative or hyperactive reactions to sugar.....

This is really interesting because that can of soda contains a high amount of FRUCTOSE mixed in with the SUCROSE. And fructose is metabolized differently.

The second really interesting thing is they USED aspartame and saccharin and NOT an absence of sugar as the comparison! [How to lie with Statistics 101)

This is the LIE!
Chart of effects of sucrose and aspartame after eating: GRAPH "Stevia preloads significantly reduced postprandial glucose levels compared to sucrose preloads (p

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I agree.

I have a couple first hand experiences regarding this.

First, my family and myself hardly ever go to the doctor, we never hardly get sick to have to go. On one occasion though, one of my kids needed to get a school athletic physical. At the end of the exam, the doctor asked if he had had a flu shot yet, I said no, he has not. Then, instead of asking me if I would like him to have one, the doctor took it upon himself to make that decision for me and called the nurse to bring one. I interjected and informed the doctor that we would not be doing this. He looks at me in complete disbelief and shock that I would decline such a wonderful shot. Then, we progressed into a debate about why he should or should not have the flu shot, all the while defending the shot on how safe it is. The more he tried to talk me in to it, the more I resisted, and the more frustrated the doc was getting with me. Finally, I had enough and told him that my decision is NO and that this conversation is over. He was mad as hell at this point, and as we were walking out the door he made a comment that he should contact protective services for neglect of my child, never heard anything though. Now, my child or myself has never had the flu in our lives, and the one and only flu shot I have ever had was 20 years ago.

My other experience with this was with ADD. I had a teacher inform me that I needed to have my other child put on Ritalin. Yes, the teacher in all her infinite wisdom, made this diagnosis, simply because she had a hard time sitting still and was always wanting to go to the bathroom. I took her to the doc, and in this case, I have to say I was with the doctor on this. He said that yes, she may have a slight case of ADD, but he did not think it needed medication to fix, but rather more discipline in the classroom. I truly did not know what to do in this case, but the doctor reluctantly agreed to write a prescription. But, gave me an instruction about it. He said that if I do not see any change in a month or so to take her off it. I was more willing at that point and it seemed the doc was actually on my side in this case. So, after two months, I had not noticed much difference, except that she was not as aggressive during her weekend sporting activities, and her "abilities" seemed to be suffering. Once I made the determination that Ritalin was not working for her as her grades remained unchanged(which I was told would be the indication that meds were working), I decided to take her off of it. On Monday, I went to the school and picked up the remaining pills and explained that I was taking her off of them. I leave. Not 15 minutes later my phone rings and it is her teacher and she was mad as hell, and had the gall to demand me to bring back that medicine. I refused. She got madder and then I had enough and told her that, she does not need it and that all she needs is more discipline and that if my daughter started being restless to simply tell her to sit down, be quiet and pay attention. Then she tried to explain to me why that would not work. Then I replied, look, if you need me to come sit in your classroom and tell my daughter to sit down and be quiet, that I would be more than happy to do her job for her. At that point she hung up on me and I never heard another word, and by the end of the year my daughter had straight A's.

edit on 4-3-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildeagle

Yes those are real disorders.. However they dont occur on the scale that the "authorities" are trying to make people believe.. Rather theyve become an excuse for the parents to shrug of proper parenting, doctors to profit peddling pills that do more harm than good and the pharmaceutical companies make even more obscene profit while the state gets perfect citizens - mindless unquestioning drones..

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
reply to post by Wildeagle

Yes those are real disorders.. However they dont occur on the scale that the "authorities" are trying to make people believe.. Rather theyve become an excuse for the parents to shrug of proper parenting, doctors to profit peddling pills that do more harm than good and the pharmaceutical companies make even more obscene profit while the state gets perfect citizens - mindless unquestioning drones..

Hey Expat888,
I agree, so much of the people getting false diagnosis really is shameful. And it's this that make some people say that these illness don't actually exist. They are seeing these kids from false diagnosis and thinking ''oh but that kid seems totally normal to me''..so they can be lead to think that the actual kids with these real problems are functioning normally too...unless of course they live with them and see first hand.
The whole thing, It's a disgrace in many many ways is all I can say.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
before people make claims of disorders this and that , hear out what the man has to say about it

it takes two to have a "disorder"

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Thomas Edison, kicked out of school at an early age, persistent questions and wandering mind...
Albert Einstein, a quiet child, a foolish day dreamer...
William [sic] Churchill had an independent and rebellious nature as a youth...
Frederick Douglass began defying the rules for blacks when he was a child....

That is why they're doing it. They don't WANT any Einsteins or Churchills or, God forbid, any Frederick Douglasses anymore. Smart, inquisitive, intelligent, creative children grow up to be conspiracy theorists, boat-rockers, status-quo-buckers, System Haters. Simple solution? Make it, not merely legal, but nearly mandatory that any "out of the ordinary" child gets drugged into a stupid, malleable stupor so the indoctrination can take hold. Oh, and as for the rest, the ones that don't get "diagnosed," there's always plenty of fluoride in their water and toxins in their food to take care of the problem.

Parents? Why are you allowing this to continue? Why are you letting them literally rob your children of their individuality and freedom and intelligence? Why are you so willing to let them sap all imagination out of your kids? Do you care about them that little? Do you yourself not see any future for humanity, so "it doesn't matter I guess?" Are you afraid of The System, that it'll come after you for refusing to destroy your child (which it probably will, to be honest)? Only YOU can stop it, because they damn sure aren't going to. It's too profitable in the short- and long-term. Refuse to accept any diagnosis of ADHD and the like. Tell everyone you know not to accept it. If it stops being profitable for them to make brain-killing drugs, they'll stop making them. Guaranteed.

And only brush your teeth with pure baking soda from now on. You wouldn't believe how damaging toothpaste is nowadays...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join