It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin State Representative Nick Milroy (D) is tackled by police while trying to enter office

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by stephinrazin

How is it no longer representing the population? It isn't all or even most of the population that protesting, it's a small special interest group. The people have the right to peacefully protest, just not when the building is closed. And damaging a building is not peaceful.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by PplVSNWO
reply to post by Aggie Man

A judge also ordered the building locked down until Monday morning, so it was closed at the time he was attempting to gain entry. Perhaps, if instead of immediately pushing the officer, he would have identified himself and provided id they may have let him go get his things. We won't know now, and perhaps this was a publicity stunt on the representative's part.
Either way, building was closed and he assulted the officer.

So, if the building was locked, then the lawmaker must have had a key to get inside. Gee, I wonder how someone would have gotten into a locked building. It looks to me (on both videos) that the cop already had his hands on the lawmaker before the cop got nudged.

The building is never closed to those that have offices there. Perhaps the cop should have asked the man to identify himself before the cop assaulted the lawmaker.

See, it goes both ways. I tend to side with the individual that had every right to be there. Let's not act like cops don't regularly overstep their authority.

P.S. Do you have a link to show me where the judge ordered a lock-down of the building until Monday; because I certainly can't find that order.
edit on 4-3-2011 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
reply to post by Aggie Man

Lol, context... it's all about context:

A Dane County judge ruled Thursday that protesters could no longer spend the night to show their opposition to Gov. Scott Walker's proposal to eliminate nearly all collective bargaining rights for most public workers. Milroy was one of four Democratic Assembly members who moved their desks outside the Capitol Tuesday after access for the public was restricted.

ETA: Also, if you listen to the video, they didn't know that he was a an assembly member. They didn't even know he had an office in the building. The way it looks to me is that, for all they knew, he was just some guy / protester trying to push his way inside the building after they had been ordered to clear the building.
edit on 4/3/2011 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

A judge has no right to declare where and when a protest can and cant be held. This is a disgusting trampling of american rights.

<< 1   >>

join