It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want to do something about Westboro Baptist Church types? check out the Patriot Guard!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Good morning everyone. I was talking with a friend this morning about this topic of the Westboro folks and the recent S.C.O.T.U.S ruling that indicated they do have the right to protest funerals (See this thread for more info & discussion specific to that: www.abovetopsecret.com...)

Anyway, I think we can all agree that no matter if you like the ruling or not, the Supremes did their job and made a decision. We are suppose to live by it and honor that ruling on law. Well, I say, Of course we do. But, that doesn't mean we can't do anything!

My friend told me to check out the Patriot Guard (www.patriotguard.org...). I said I thought you had to be a motorcycle rider type etc---from what I had seen in the news and if it was the same group. He said it is in fact the same group but you can be from any walk of life etc. A pretty much all inclusive group. So, I went to the site. I joined up before I left.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7b990294f8d1.jpg[/atsimg]
Patriot Guard Riders Mission Statement
The Patriot Guard Riders is a diverse amalgamation of riders from across the nation. We have one thing in common besides motorcycles. We have an unwavering respect for those who risk their very lives for America’s freedom and security. If you share this respect, please join us.

We don’t care what you ride or if you ride, what your political views are, or whether you’re a hawk or a dove. It is not a requirement that you be a veteran. It doesn't matter where you’re from or what your income is; you don’t even have to ride. The only prerequisite is Respect.

Our main mission is to attend the funeral services of fallen American heroes as invited guests of the family. Each mission we undertake has two basic objectives:

Show our sincere respect for our fallen heroes, their families, and their communities.
Shield the mourning family and their friends from interruptions created by any protestor or group of protestors.

We accomplish the latter through strictly legal and non-violent means.

To those of you who are currently serving and fighting for the freedoms of others, at home and abroad, please know that we are backing you. We honor and support you with every mission we carry out, and we are praying for a safe return home for all. www.patriotguard.org... [ Now who can argue this one-I am sure someone will].

Statement regarding the Supreme Court ruling
(I don't want to steal their thunder-go an check it out)

Then, check out the rest of the site. It is heart warming to see some many being involved and Trying to make a difference. Better than not doing anything at all. Right?

So, we/you can do something. If some poor soldier from your area is being put to rest-go and support that family-be a part of something bigger than yourself. It is easy for us to forget the on-going war but it still is there. Consider joinging and/or supporting.

I wish I would have known about this group when those Westboro nuts were in this area-the case that lead to the Supremes ruling. It will be different now.... By the way, I an NOT a motorcycle rider and I joined.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fc5b8e6a40c0.jpg[/atsimg]

That was not my intent to indicate violence. Good advice on the title change.
edit on 3/4/2011 by anon72 because: Title change-advice from a smart ATSer. ty

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Good intentions - and I applaud you for that, we all should... But it's my belief the best thing - the very BEST THING we can all do with the Westboro's is to LEAVE THEM ALONE.

They absolutely THRIVE on HATE.

Don't give it to them...

Beyond that you've got a good thread. If I may offer my suggestion? Change the title to something surrounding what we can all do to help all those in the military and their families and focus your thread on that. You've got a good start and the world doesn't need any more hate, neither does ATS.

S&F

peace
edit on 4-3-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I applaud these guys.

I have a question regarding the Westboro Baptists.

I know farmer that has owned the family farm for years, the farm next to him is sold and chopped into lots for a housing development. The farmer was plowing one night and a policeman comes and writes him a ticket for disturbing the peace.

If a farmer can be cited for disturbing the peace for plowing his fields at night, how can these chumps get away with screaming their hate-filth at a serviceman's funeral???

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Because a tractor isn't speaking a language. It's making noise!
Even though most would consider Westboro speaking their language as just noise!

Zindo

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

This is a wonderful group. I encourage everyone to go read their home page that he linked to.

I am not an official member, but I have had the privelige of riding with them a few times, and it was an amazing experience. These folks use their bodies, bikes, and US Flags to shield grieving families from protestors. Everyone's civil rights are protected, and violence is deterred by the overall look of a bunch of ex-vets and bikers massed together with a common goal.

Anyone that rides a motorcycle should check these folks out.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
I applaud these guys.

I have a question regarding the Westboro Baptists.

I know farmer that has owned the family farm for years, the farm next to him is sold and chopped into lots for a housing development. The farmer was plowing one night and a policeman comes and writes him a ticket for disturbing the peace.

If a farmer can be cited for disturbing the peace for plowing his fields at night, how can these chumps get away with screaming their hate-filth at a serviceman's funeral???

The farmer should have fought the ticket. People have done the same thing around airports and industrial areas. They buy land because the land is cheap, because the land is near an airport or a factory or a busy farm. Then, they develop the land and sell it off. Then people move in and complain about the stuff that was there long before them. Usually the complaints are defeated in court, so long as the activities are necessary, for instance farming, manufacturing, and air travel.

Also, it isn't disturbing the peace if it is during regular hours and you are properly permitted to protest.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I say we just have a special draft for the westboro folk and put them on the front lines, by themselves

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Great. Any pics or vids?

It is great to see someone standing up to these folks. Not in a vilent way... but in a we can be annoying to type of way.

Most likely, walls will have to be put up around the casket area also-maybe some soft music etc. Sad.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I forgot, but I do have some pics of a parade we participated in!

I am emailing them from my phone to my account now, so I can upload them to ATS, so I can embed them here.
Surely there is an easier way?

Dam, it cut me off? That is my right arm on the first photo, LOL! This was a parade in Carrabelle, FL celebrating the training of invasion forces for World War 2. Before they stormed the beaches of Normandy, they stormed the beaches of Carrabelle. Over 250,000 men went through training in this little town of about 800!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7d6cc910e66c.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/11e671dcf8b7.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 4-3-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-3-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
These great folks don't just show up either. They must be invited by the deceased family. Many times they do such a good job that the bereaved family doesn't even know if the Westboro clowns even showed up! Fantastic group of folks!

Zindo

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Coooooolllll. Makes me want to defy common sense and get a motorcycle...

The wife said Maybe a Trike (?) or a side car one. lol

A couple of guys I know are going to a meeting somewhere soon-on the bikes. Maybe I'll tag along in my jeep...
( I can be like a water buffalo or supply unit

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Good intentions - and I applaud you for that, we all should... But it's my belief the best thing - the very BEST THING we can all do with the Westboro's is to LEAVE THEM ALONE.

They absolutely THRIVE on HATE.

Don't give it to them...

Beyond that you've got a good thread. If I may offer my suggestion? Change the title to something surrounding what we can all do to help all those in the military and their families and focus your thread on that. You've got a good start and the world doesn't need any more hate, neither does ATS.

S&F

peace
edit on 4-3-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

Well said silo13 . The best thing people could do is ignore them . They will hate that. Keeping them as far away from funerals however is a good thing.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Of course ignoring them would be nice but sometimes that won't be enough.

A group like this is perfect. Non-violent, numbers, and dedicated.

All the power to them.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
so basically they are volunteer security guards

I can totally see why they would be invited to any funeral, especially if WBC is gonna try and stick their heads in where they don't belong.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
hats off to you guys.

You restored my faith in humanity a little.

Ride safe and be strong

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by InnerTruths

Well, basically yes. But for a great cause. I mean if you are within-say 100 miles and you can go. Go. Can't hurt. See and report.

Lets get an ATS members accounting of it and compare it to the MSMs. Anyone up for that?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Excellent. You should be applauded. I was thinking some groups should picket their church and be as annoying as possible right back at them. Sometimes I am accused of being petty and vindictive but I would take a sick pleasure in causing this group some anguish, pain and inconvenience. I would do it if I could. You go get 'em.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Thanks for this.

I just joined and WILL participate.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I've seen videos of these guys, or guys like them where the towns really jump in and take part. This is, imo, the best ways to mask the hatemongers from Westboro but also show great support for the funeral.

reply to post by butcherguy

It's called land-zoning.. if it's zoned agriculture, he can't be ticketed for operating a tractor regardless of the time.

top topics

join