It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Documents Reveal TSA Research Proposal To Body-Scan Pedestrians, Train Passengers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I kept trying to use the search engine of ATS to see if this was posted but every time I keep getting a white page with only the word "error" on the top left side of the screen.

This is important so I am posting it just in case it hasn't been posted.

Updated with the TSA’s response below, which denies implementing airport-style scans in mass transit.

Giving Transportation Security Administration agents a peek under your clothes may soon be a practice that goes well beyond airport checkpoints. Newly uncovered documents show that as early as 2006, the Department of Homeland Security has been planning pilot programs to deploy mobile scanning units that can be set up at public events and in train stations, along with mobile x-ray vans capable of scanning pedestrians on city streets.

The non-profit Electronic Privacy Information Center (EPIC) on Wednesday published documents it obtained from the Department of Homeland Security showing that from 2006 to 2008 the agency planned a study of of new anti-terrorism technologies that EPIC believes raise serious privacy concerns. The projects range from what the DHS describes as “a walk through x-ray screening system that could be deployed at entrances to special events or other points of interest” to “covert inspection of moving subjects” employing the same backscatter imaging technology currently used in American airports.

The 173-page collection of contracts and reports, acquired through a Freedom of Information Act request, includes contracts with Siemens Corporations, Northeastern University, and Rapiscan Systems. The study was expected to cost more than $3.5 million.

blogs.forbes.com...

Here is a link to scans of the actual documents which comes from the above website.
epic.org...

So folks, if this is true it seems that tptb are "planning to deploy mobile scanning units that can be set up at public events and in train stations, along with mobile x-ray vans capable of scanning pedestrians on city streets."

Now, if you scroll to page two the first document states that they would use these mobile units "in response to an event" or if there is intelligence indicating a possible terrorist attack....

What in the world is the point to set these things up AFTER an event?... Not to mention that it takes time for them to deploy these mobile units so any real terorists would be gone by the time these things are deployed so what is the idea behind deploying these mobile units AFTER an event/attack?...

So essentially they will set these mobile units AFTER an attack.... Obviously these mobile units are not really meant to stop any terrorist attack, but to make people complacent to this sort of surveillance...

Welcome to Big Brother's new brave world...

edit on 4-3-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Throw the Bill of Rights out the window Comrades! You have no rights! Who do you think you are anyway? Praise Comrade Obama and Comrade Napolitano! Seig Heil! Terry VS. Ohio is now ancient history en.wikipedia.org... . Cops no longer need probable cause or stinking reasonable suspicion! Be prepared to be grabbed and thrown up against the wall and searched at any time...afterall it's for the HOMELAND!

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
So much for "you can always catch a train instead"!

It was obvious that once they had this power, they would try to expand it. And they always will.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
So much for "you can always catch a train instead"!

It was obvious that once they had this power, they would try to expand it. And they always will.

Indeed, I don't understand what they mean by they have no intention to expand to other "mass transit". They are already AT train stations. In fact they have taken to searching people who have arrived at their destination and are no longer travelling. There was a thread on it here a few days ago.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
And the worse problem is that a lot of people are gettimg accustomed to this, and don't see anything wrong with it.

I remember a couple weeks ago or so I was changing the channel and suddenly I stop at a MSNBC station and I hear a reporter yelling "whatever is necessary to be safe is alright" or something similar, and she seemed to be arguing with someone else and even seemed to be angry that the other person wasn't agreeing with her...

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

If this isnt proof that they are trying to inventory people who have implants, I dont know what is!!!!!!!!!!
Beware of the industrial military complex -Eisenhower

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Whenever TSA comes up I always think of Total Recall (1990)

Fact following Fiction?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bb7c6ce53891.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Ya, it is amazing that what was once thought of as science-fiction seems to become reality these days.

The New World Order machine seems to be growing with no end in sight, and it's tentacles are far reaching.

top topics

join