It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi to everyone from a new member

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Greetings to all members and thanks a lot for many of the great posts I have been reading in the last time.
I don't know when I first discovered ATS but it was a long time ago. Recently I stumbled upon this site again while doing some 'research' and found some great articles here. Some years ago I thought that this is just another website with kids crying 'I've seen an ufo' and dismissed it but reading these posts recently I learned that many members here post really good stuff and perform more than just basic research (Thanks a lot for the work done here).
So in order to give something back to the community I registered and hope that I can provide some content too.

Some bits about myself:
I'm an 34yr old male living in Germany (therefore please expect some mistakes when i write english text) and I'm pretty good in all the stuff that has to do something with computers/networks. Some of my hobbies include:
- Coding software / webpages
- Learning languages (just absolut beginner level as I'm just interested in languages in general)
- Electronics

I believe (or better can imagine) that we had contact with something in the past but I don't believe most of the current UFO stories as 99% are just hoaxes :-(
I also don't believe that our politicians lie all the time but maybe they also don't know the truth. And I believe that there are many things you can't tell the nation as many people just don't think for themselves. So hopefully we are able to seperate all the lies from the truth with some logical analysis of what happens all around us...

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by UnixFE

Hello. Welcome to ATS.

I know quite a few languages fluently, and my German is almost fluent. Can I ask you to describe a word for me? How would you define the word "torschlusspanik"? I don't think there is one single English word to describe it ( I don't have a Russian/ German dictionary so maybe in Russian) .........

O and by the way, don't think about posting a source, news article, anything if it's not in English, or else some of the Mods here will get pissy.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by UnixFE

Hi UnixFE, and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by UnixFE

Welcome to ATS UnixFE..Hope to see you soon in the forums and enjoy your time here~~cookie

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

Whatever expertise and knowledge you may have is appreciated.
Enjoy your new account!

Jepic out.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS !!!

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Welcome and enjoy

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by RustyShakleford92
reply to post by UnixFE

... Can I ask you to describe a word for me? How would you define the word "torschlusspanik"? I don't think there is one single English word to describe it ....

I also don't know a single translative word for this but I try to explain it. I'm not 100% sure when this word was first used but if my memory is correct this word originated in Hamburg. Some decades ago there was a gatehouse seperating the Reeperbahn from Hamburg and this door closed at a specific time. So if you missed it you couldn't return to Hamburg in that night. So all the people at the Reeperbahn paniced if they realized that they had just a few minutes left to enter Hamburg.

Today it is used in general to describes a reaction similar to panic if you (often erroneously) think that you don't have much time left to do something. This word is often used in conjunction with unmarried males reaching the 30yr mark. When you realize that you're approaching an age of 30 with no girlfriend some starts to panic (I'll never get a girlfriend if I'm that old) and try to find one in the few days left. You than say that this person has a 'torschlusspanik'.

Hope this explanation helps you to translate this word.

new topics

top topics

join