It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new Bible, words taken out...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Yes we well, they are coming out with a new bible. To me... well it will give the non believers more ammo to say "How can you believe the word" here is the link, i could not believe my eyes, what about you?
news.yahoo.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Lol, complete stories are added and removed from the bible on a regular basis if you use 2k years as a compass.
That is what happens when you write a fairytale hastily, folks always find holes in your story!

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

i take it your a non believer? well that is ok with me i do not judge nor try to convert, i will give you this, you have read the bible more that believers have.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

The only Bible that I trust as a Christian is the King James version. Some of the "new" Bibles have up to 1/3 of the whole Bible missing now! It's really sad.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Actually i have read the bible a couple of times, i was raised hellfire and brimstone baptist and my mother is an ordained minister.

I will not call myself a non believer as i have some beliefs, and i respect any person of religion who looks to the betterment of man.
But like 911, i know some things happened, i just dont believe the OS.

But just the big one in my eyes "the gospel according to mary".
Removed by one religion to make women inferior and men superior, they for all intents or purposes burnt that book.
Any lost information is a lie and a huge loss for mankind.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
there were many other books .....some people decided long ago which books to include, and which to exclude. They excluded books that would make "the story" quite a bit stranger and harder to fit into one mold.

i'm not bashing the bible, it in itself is a good thing.

the bad thing is the way it has been used by horrible people, to do horrible things, for a very long time.

no offense intended.

Also..If you really want to read the "word" then make sure you learn Hebrew!! Far fewer translation errors.

and why would they change holocaust? it's not referring to that whole WWII thing.
edit on 4-3-2011 by BadBoYeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shystargazer
The only Bible that I trust as a Christian is the King James version.

AMEN !!!
I 2nd that emotion.

One day they're gonna release a Bible
without the name of Jesus in it.
Sad day indeed

It would seem that to some new agers,
that the King James version is just not
politically correct anymore.

That's strange ... didn't know God needed
our permission to be politically correct?

And I also bet that one day a Bible will be
released that says it's ok to be gay and
that Soddom and Gomorrah will be
eliminated from the pages.

It's sad really that mankind has allowed itself
to be infiltrated by Satan to the point it has.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

i can relate raised Cath, did not take it to well but i do believe, and i do have 14 version of the word this will not be 15 for to me well it is not the word but man works just to be PC ya right.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

hay ya boondock-saint i feel the same way, just one more for told, not much left is there? so much has happened are we in the bowls or trumps?

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Shystargazer

even then are you getting the full word? for if you take different years say 6 to 7 years from the print you will find things.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Project stupefy the bible as fairy tale nonsense while promoting Eastern philosophies has been in full swing for almost 150 years now.

People know not a thing about the real bible, because most people dont read Hebrew. And a translation will never capture the nuanced nature of the Hebrew language. In addition, people dont get the allegorical nature of the bible, and so naturally pass right over the incredible philosophy within its language.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

well old kings English is not the easy to read either, maybe to marrow i will post a vers or two.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
You want to get right down to brass tacks? The Bible can be distilled down to just a handfull of words and the rest of it is purely a mixture of historical connotations and contextual parables.

Burd's Concise Condensed Bible
In the beginning was The Word.
The Word lead to The Law.
The Word took the form of a man, Jesus, whose life was sacrificed to fulfill The Law for us all.
Jesus is Love.

Love God and love your neighbor with all of your heart.

THE END

As long as those core concepts/facts/truths of the Faith remain intact, I don't know that it really matters much what dialect is used to relay the rest of the information. Obviously, when the Tower of Babel incident went down, God tacitly acknowledged that we, as a species, would forever have not only cultural language bariers and changes, but generational ones. As for the rest of it, I think way too many people blindly confuse the Bible with Dogma. The vast majority of the complaints directed towards the Christian Bible should actually be directed at Dogma (which, despite what the Vatican says is purely an invention of men and, thus, completely falible and subjective.) People who look at the Bible and play the fairytale card or the fictitious nonsense card are small minded fools. Haters gonna hate, but it's still a fine example of biggotted unintelligence.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
Yes we well, they are coming out with a new bible. To me... well it will give the non believers more ammo to say "How can you believe the word" here is the link, i could not believe my eyes, what about you?
news.yahoo.com...

I don't get what's your problem with it?
It's a popular myth that the Bible has been changed/edited/altered over the last 2K years, and it's another myth that the KJV is more accurate than any other translation - in some ways, it's seriously flawed, not to mention the fact that languages evolve, and English has changed considerably since 1611.
I read the article, and seriously, there's nothing wrong with the new translation! Don't fall into bibliolatry it's not all there is to the faith.
Vicky
edit on 4/3/11 by Vicky32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Revelations 22:18 ...I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to that person the plagues described in this book. 19 And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from that person any share in the tree of life and in the Holy City, which are described in this book.

Just not something I'd want to go messing about with...

peace

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

Revelations 22:18 ...I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to that person the plagues described in this book. 19 And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from that person any share in the tree of life and in the Holy City, which are described in this book.

Just not something I'd want to go messing about with...

peace

As far as I can see from the article, nothing has been taken out and nothing added! I don't even get why the OP is so upset and he hasn't explained...

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
The Bible has many times been altered.

Not only had it been translated from the Hebrew to Greek, But from Hebrew to Aramaic, Greek to a multitude of other languages. And on & on.. So much was lost in translation over the years.

But you also have to consider the Catholic church and their doings of picking and choosing Gospels and the like. As we all know, they had an agenda and many things in the Bible of the times were not congruent to their plans. Not only that: Consider the 40+ 'authors' whose influence was to be added to the word of God.

It is my feeling that much of it has been contrived in such a way to direct society in each of these periods.

I can't see where we can take the Bible in a literal sense word for word. But if you follow the basic message, you should stay right with God and all will be well.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
It doesn't look like they are dropping any stories to me, it looks like that they are translating it into modern English again, much like they did with the New International Version (NIV) in the 20th century.

Mind you, the Bible has definitely had things added and removed to it over the years, no getting around that. This is simply a new translation, though. I wouldn't be surprised if much of the meaning gets lost in translation, though. In my opinion, that happened with the NIV, and I wouldn't be surprised if it happened here, too. I, too, prefer the King James Version; somehow, I feel like you can get deeper meaning out of the older English.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Shystargazer

So how does an EARTHLY King...a MAN...change and replace what is the LITERAL WORD OF GOD? Who gave this MAN such authority? And thats the VERSION you believe? It does declare inside the cover that it is King James VERSION of the LITERAL WORD OF GOD.

So its only a Kings version of what you should read huh? He must have been a real good close friend of GOD for GOD to let him....God: "AH Jimmy! Just take out what ya want. It's ok with ME!" And King James did...........

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Personally...the give-away was the part about "THEY are coming out with a NEW BIBLE..." Ummmmm?
How can any THEY arbitrarily come out with a NEW changing of GOD's words?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join