It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fallen Marine's father says anti-gay pickets will draw gunfire

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
W.C. and all it stands for is truly disgusting. It would not surprise me if violence does erupt, one day. They will cross someone who will not be willing to take their b.s. in silence, we all know there is "bigger/badder than you" out there. When that happens, I will not shed any tears for any member of so-called church...

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

Personally, I'd rather be an "enemy of freedom" than an apathetic bleeding heart. What if they wrote ''n-word'' on their signs instead of faggot?

Then they would be the KKK and not the WBC.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
There is a time and place.

Protesting at a funeral is wrong, I don't care if there protesting against pink shoes or homosexuality.
Somewhere else at a minimum

I do not support anyone who dilibretly goes out of there way to disrupt something.

I don't support for "killing them" but someone has to give them a rather formal warning that its not tolerated regardless of "free speech"

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by dalan.
reply to post by Garfee

Personally, I'd rather be an "enemy of freedom" than an apathetic bleeding heart. What if they wrote ''n-word'' on their signs instead of faggot?

And what separates the two? Both inbreeds with no common sense and a hatred for their fellow citizens.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SMR

There are people with views just as strong as the church members and the Westboro pickets could draw anything from fists and rocks to bullets, given their penchant for harassing the families of the deceased. Maybe they'd like a few martyrs. The good news is that Phelps, Sr. is 81 years old and may be REALLY talking to God at any time. He is the patriarch of his hate "church" and when he dies it will likely fade away without its Furher. The world will be a better place without him.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
You are actually protesting the soldiers death by wanting to diminish what he/she died for - FREEDOM. Their blood paid for it.

...soldiers may go to their deaths believing they died to protect our freedoms - but - imo, thats not what they really died for... they died because the usofa's military industrial complex is a monsterish machine that makes rich people richer, poor people poorer and breaks a lot of hearts...

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by cabuki

reply to post by Garfee

And what separates the two? Both inbreeds with no common sense and a hatred for their fellow citizens.

Well, *SNIP* instead of "fags" on their signs I guess.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on 3/4/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

In "On Liberty" (1859) John Stuart Mill argued that "...there ought to exist the fullest liberty of professing and discussing, as a matter of ethical conviction, any doctrine, however immoral it may be considered."

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington Read more: www.brainyquote.com...

To suppress free speech is a double wrong. It violates the rights of the hearer as well as those of the speaker. Frederick Douglass Read more: www.brainyquote.com...

"The ultimate form of censorship is assassination." -George Bernard Shaw

"I am opposed to any form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson

We are not afraid to entrust the American people with unpleasant facts, foreign ideas, alien philosophies, and competitive values. For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people. ~John F. Kennedy

If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all. ~Noam Chomsky

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King, Jr. Read more: www.brainyquote.com...

link
link
link

I think a lot of you need to study freedom.
Many of you know nothing about it at all.
Please read something instead of wishing for death all the time.
edit on 4-3-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by BobbyTarass

Originally posted by cabuki

reply to post by Garfee

Well, *SNIP* instead of "fags" on their signs I guess.

haha, its all the same to me. I think my blood was boiling a little when responding to the previous posts. I did a stint in the Army, I went to ft. benning and learned my Army values, i know what these people put into serving this country. Its no joke, and hits close to home with this WBC nonsense.
edit on 3/4/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

they sin under the name of god...... they will suffer by the hand of god.....
i am far from religious but these people spark anger i have never felt before. when i saw the vid of psycho bitch ranting at anonymous. i was in a rage... honestly i cannot explain why. i use logical thought behind what i do. i thought about for days but i couldn't answer why.
there will be some nut job out there that will let emotions get to them and not think of the results of there actions.

i hope nothing happens to them but i wouldn't stop it either if that makes sense.

the poor soul that makes the choice to result to violence is going to start something bad very bad

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

You still don't understad what they meant by "freedom of speech", do you ?

I'm tired to talk with patriots, everytime I try to write simple examples, to sparkle a bit of light in their mind and everytime they answer me with more and more quotes that could be understood both ways.

FREEDOM - OF - SPEECH - WAS- MADE - TO - AVOID - DICTATORSHIP - NOT - TO - ALLOW - PEOPLE - TO - SAY - WHATEVER - CROSSES - THEIR MIND.

Is it clear enough ? Do I have to point out that the USA comes from England and that yor founder fathers were trying to avoid a new english-like government, oppressing people ? That they were all chased from England because they could not practice their religion ?

Yet that does not mean they would allow that kind of protest, that's just history, do you know it patriot, or do you just refer to quotes so you can play with the grown out ?

@PinkandBlack : I like your style.
edit on 4-3-2011 by BobbyTarass because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
You are the nationalist actually. You want government to suppress free speech, and you are in favor of death if thats what it takes.

I am the biggest anti-govt person you will ever meet.
Calling me a nationalist.... What a freaking joke.
I am a Constitutionalist and a Libertarian.
And a Patriot.

Your threats at violence only show your true colors folks. Your hearts are blacker than Fred Phelps twisted soul.

I bet you don't even see it. That's how dark you are inside.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Sorry double post, pressed click fast.
edit on 4-3-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Freedom of speech is not absolute; its limits are when it encroaches on others' freedoms or causes them to be put in danger. So far, WBC has been running through the legal raindrops and may continue to do so but there are still those who take a dim view of their actions.

Does Phelps senior ever show up to picket or does he just send women and children to do his dirty work? This may save his worthless self from retribution and tend to have people ignore the pickets rather than confront them.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by BobbyTarass

Wrong. Freedom of speech means that everyone can say whatever they want.

It has little to do with government actually, although speaking out against govt is part of it.

But freedom of speech covers everything. All the way down to protesting a funeral, a brothel, you can go protest against Westboro all day. This is freedom.

You don't actually know anything about freedom. You only support your side, and the other side doesn't get any freedom at all. Hypocritical to the max.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by pteridine

Freedom of speech is not absolute; its limits are when it encroaches on others' freedoms or causes them to be put in danger. So far, WBC has been running through the legal raindrops and may continue to do so but there are still those who take a dim view of their actions.

Does Phelps senior ever show up to picket or does he just send women and children to do his dirty work? This may save his worthless self from retribution and tend to have people ignore the pickets rather than confront them.

I dont think i have ever seen that fool out there. Only ones they have need to be young enough to sprint to the car in case violence happens. When you think your going to get shot for what your doing, common sense tell's you its wrong and to stop doing it. This is what im talking about, who cares if you can ride the fine line of legal/illegal and get away with it. The reason we are in a ton of these issues is because of people exploiting this same damn thing, but in other manners. The # they do is plain out WRONG. It needs to end.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Damn, you're a libertarian and a master at stubborness, if you don't wan't to read my posts I won't speak any further (same goes if you can't understand them).

You're a kid, that's all, and I'm no teacher.

Oh and I don't care about you freedom of speach to be honest, I'm not a US citizen and my country is doing great without laws that infantilize people, because we're able to understand that laws are made by the people, for the people and are not set in stone.

Because if there is something that hurts more people than a country whithout laws, it's a country with laws that are misunderstood.
edit on 4-3-2011 by BobbyTarass because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I have a feeling if the WBC were neutralized, everything would go on like it normal would while some people would have a pep to their step.

Just like you can't expect the government to take care of you in every situation, you can't expect the law to champion what is right all the time.
edit on 4-3-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by GodofWar411

there will be some nut job out there that will let emotions get to them and not think of the results of there actions.

It's not the nut job that these people need to worry about.
It is the Man who is calm,cool,and collected.
Who isn't ruled by his emotions but rather has come to the logical conclusion that these
poor people deserve to mourn the loss of their loved one in peace and decides to give them that
freedom by eliminating the problem himself.

Afterwards, he goes to a local coffee shop and has a Denver omlet with a side of hashbrowns and a cup of Joe
and reads the newspaper to find out what's the latest news in the world.

This is the man they need to fear!!!!
AND I'll bet you it will happen eventually.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join