It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Working on a concept to fix things

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Everyday, I spend way too much time thinking about things I can do to fix things in this country, almost to the point of insanity. The conclusion I end up with every time is that there is nothing I alone can do because there is no way for me alone to get enough cooperation from the rest of the general public to even get an idea off the ground. It would be an exercise in futility to even attempt it. So, I came up with a new concept or old, depending on the perspective, but it basically deals with word association and repetition, much the same way the "just say no" drug campaign operated.

I am still developing my concept and it is in its infancy and can either be shot down or expanded upon. The concept is simple, for all the wrongs out there we simply just start pointing them out to the general public. One idea that I have is to print a bunch of stickers that simply say "Made in China" and every time I see a piece of junk sitting around in my daily activities, I could make it a point to put one of those stickers on it. My hope, over time is to get people to make the association that, made in China = junk = Walmart(or some other variation). Then for things like banks, make some signs and place them in front of said banks that read something like "We are crooks". True, they will just remove them, but we can just put them back the following night. The wording can be whatever is appropriate, I do not feel like being politically correct at the moment. My thought process is to do whatever I or we can do to keep certain places constantly engaged in damage control and to just keep them distracted, much the same way we are done. Eventually we could have our towns plastered with negativity towards certain business institutions.

As always, I know no matter what the solution is there are always positives and negatives. But as far as self-preservation on my part goes, figuratively speaking, if I get to punch them in the nose, and all they can do is kick me in the ass, I can live with that.

So, any merit to this? I come up with ideas all the time but usually I shoot them down before I get a chance to post the idea.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I also practically go insane every single day.

Why just this country. What about what we have done to this planet? We have moved invasive species everywhere. killed about 5,000 animals off the face off this planet. lookup peter russel world clock.

7 billion people is to much. we cant feed our selves as it is and there are 900 million people born every ten years.
So dont worry about our country. Worryabout your home planet. your one and only home

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by zeon9010

I agree with you, however, I cannot seem to be able to fix the ills of my own town let alone the entire planet. Fixing the entire planet is the ultimate goal, but we have start small and work our way there. Think about it, how easy it to get 10 people to agree on one thing, let alone a town, then impossibly the entire planet. We can fix the planet and will, but we have to fix our homes first.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

No... i thinks it is wayyy to late to fix the planet. humans are a cancer and the earth is the body. And there are "Experts" cant remember who at this time, have stated that America will not last by 2015. How great is that.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I found that sharing the idea with others, even if just a small conversation, can help to make a difference. Like, hey did you know______, and fill in what you think someone that your close with should know, and have them make an agreement with you to at least try and you will do the same.

I have done this with people that I know, and it seems that even a little effort can go along way. I started a small garden, took pictures, and sent videos/photos of how to do the same thing to everyone I know. At least 10 people that I know since last year have a small garden, or herbs that they say have saved them money, and made them feel better that they were doing something themselves.

Yes its small, but its a difference. Also anything I see about pesticides, fluoride, PVC, gardening, almost anything, I try it at home first and them show my friends, its seems to motive them also. So start small. Make sure that its things that they can do, and you will be making change. Good luck.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

I have spent the last fifty years looking for a solution. I found one, but it is planetary, and not confined within arbitrarily set borders. I welcome any who would like to consider my solution to read this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And then review the Ethical Planetarian Part Platform linked in my sig. (The thread above is a foundational piece to the Party piece.)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by zeon9010

Why just this country. What about what we have done to this planet? We have moved invasive species everywhere. killed about 5,000 animals off the face off this planet. lookup peter russel world clock.

7 billion people is to much. we cant feed our selves as it is and there are 900 million people born every ten years.
So dont worry about our country. Worryabout your home planet. your one and only home

We can easily produce enough food on this planet to feed all of us three times over. Right now, because food is distributed based on profit (not need), we have supermarkets throwing out hundreds of thousands of tons of food a month (didn't sell before it spoiled), while poor areas starve.

So I wouldn't worry about the number of people. I would worry about how to better distribute the abundance on this planet.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

reply to post by Skewed

No... i thinks it is wayyy to late to fix the planet. humans are a cancer and the earth is the body. And there are "Experts" cant remember who at this time, have stated that America will not last by 2015. How great is that.

No it's not. We just have to think outside the box They have put us in. I hope you read what I offer.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu

we have supermarkets throwing out hundreds of thousands of tons of food a month (didn't sell before it spoiled), while poor areas starve.

Sorry if OT, this reminded me of something and involves feeding the poor.
I used to work at an airfield, and several times a year a few deers would get hit. The local ranger in the area had informed the airfield that if we contacted him, he would remove the deer for us. Cool, win-win for us. The ranger would come and field dress it(if possible, pretty tore up sometimes), cleaned it up and took what he wanted, offered us some, and took the rest to the local soup kitchen for them to cook up and give to the poor.

edit on 3-3-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

Heh. It's your thread. I think you're allowed to add what you want. [smile]

That is so awesome. It always warms my heart to hear of such charity and caring. Thanks for mentioning it.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Hate to point out the obvious, but you would never be able to print out enough "Made in China" stickers.

You'd also have to put one on the printer itself.

If you have a problem with chinese products, make something better and don't buy them any more.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu
We can easily produce enough food on this planet to feed all of us three times over. Right now, because food is distributed based on profit (not need), we have supermarkets throwing out hundreds of thousands of tons of food a month (didn't sell before it spoiled), while poor areas starve.

Agreed. I also think many people have too much money and fuel the market for junk and luxuries which means that is where the market will concentrate for the most profit.

We need more stores that JUST sell the basics. Good quality, bulk and at realistic prices.

Like you say, we can easily produce the food we NEED but humans are brainwashed into thinking that what they WANT is what they need. Sad.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Then for things like banks, make some signs and place them in front of said banks that read something like "We are crooks". True, they will just remove them, but we can just put them back the following night.

And get sued for libel....

Better check up on the law before you start implementing some of your ideas...

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

Like you say, we can easily produce the food we NEED but humans are brainwashed into thinking that what they WANT is what they need. Sad.

Or... We can be rid of money (shells, barter, coin, bills, plastic, electronic fund...) and distribute according to need. Without the "consume, consume, consume" message (created with profit in mind), we will shift back into consuming what we are comfortable with, and can have abundance for all.

Here's a thread I wrote which describes how we can do this: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also see the Ethical Planetarian Party link in my sig.

top topics

join