It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians harass Muslim man praying infront of White House. Disgusting.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
A couple of months ago we in the UK had memorial day for our world war fallen heroes, and crowds of muslims disrupted it by protesting and shouting their hateful insults and slurs. Many on here defended the muslims right to protest, 'they're doing nothing illegal' and 'it's a free country' etc. And rightly so.

Just remember that protesting is a right of non-muslims too.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swanseadog
reply to post by muzzleflash

You say "so long as they do not trample the liberties of others" this is exactly what they did, I say again if the man had gone into one of their churches screaming out allah what would have happened?

This is not a church. It's public property.

You are twisting everything.

So you are saying that a Muslim has the right to pray, but no one else has a right to say anything?

So only Muslims have rights? And they can just start praying anytime they want to force people to shut up?
This is insane.

Thankfully the LAW protects people from folks like you.
You are on the side of injustice and intolerance for people you disagree with.

No one trampled his liberty, you do not have a right to make others shut up.

You have the right to Ignore people, just like the Islamic guy did.

There is no law banning peaceful free speech in the USA.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by doobydoll

First they came for the communists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Muslims
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Muslim
Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

but no one else has a right to say anything?

A gay couple demonstrates affection in public, and you are saying
the law allows others to harass them ? really ? and this would not
be a hate crime ?
. . . I smell a two faced lizard

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ToneDeaf
be a hate crime ?

Gay people have a right to protest in public.
Muslims have a right to protest in public.
Christians have a right to protest in public.
Atheists have a right to protest in public.
EVERYONE has this right.

My only face is Liberty

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
this reminds me of a bumber sticker i saw an want
it goes like this

GOD PLEASE SAVE US FROM YOUR FOLLOWERS

i think it fits perfectly here

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

First they came for the communists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Muslims
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Muslim
Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Erm ... what's that got to do with my earlier post??

My point is that it is EVERYONE'S RIGHT to protest ANYTHING in the UK and the USA.

That is the one of the reasons these muslims came here - so let them enjoy it to the full.
edit on 4-3-2011 by doobydoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   

They were not protesting they were saying my God is better than your God, disgusting behaviour from so called adults.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
A bunch of petty "little kids" in grown up bodies. How embarrassing.

They were blatantly harassing that man who wasn't even saying a word to anyone.

If you want to spread your religion to others, the best way is to spread love, joy and compassion and people will see what you believe in is genuine. The only thing they are going to accomplish is to cause people to dislike Christians.

Those people looked disgusting harassing that guy.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ToneDeaf

but no one else has a right to say anything?

be a hate crime ?

you avoided answering the question *Lol*
. . . so a gay couple gets harassed for being gay and
you are saying that there is no Constitution or laws to say that
this would be a hate crime ?
You are lying if you say that there isn't.
But tell us why it would/should be otherwise if it
involved a Muslim rather than a gay person ?
or if it involved a Chinese person rather than a gay person ?
Waiting for your answer

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   

I am not twisting anything, if this guy has followed his religions call to prayer then he should be left alone to prey, these people were not exercising their freedom of speech and protest but following playground rules of my dads bigger than your dad, it matters not if its in a church or not, prayer can take place anywhere. harrasment is illegal and so is religious intolerance which is what these people were displaying.

I went to see the preacher to teach me how to pray
He looked at me and smiled
Then that preacher turned away
He said if you want to tell him something
You ain't gotta fold your hands
Say it with your heart, your soul and believe it
And I'd say amen
Jon Bon Jovi

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   

It is the way the protesting is carried out, the Muslims there were wrong just as those in the video are.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Swanseadog

They were protesting.

You don't like how they protest - neither do I. But it is their right.

I didn't like how muslims disrupted our Remembrance Day with their protest either, the offensive things they were shouting and burning our flag etc. But it is THEIR RIGHT to protest in this way too. And they themselves practice and enjoy this freedom of speech, very often.

Protesting is just that - a protest. No biggie.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by BodhiSeeker

This is worse, it happened in Orange County, CA. I thought California was suppose to be pretty liberal? I guess it doesn't extend to the Muslim population. It's a shame people behave like this.

That made me feel sick. It's disgusting and ignorant behaviour. I feel for the little children that had to witness that and were probably asking their mummys and daddys why those people were saying those things and the poor parents having to try and explain it. To feel hatred towards you at such a young age for something you don't understand must be horribly confusing. They wonder then why those same little children could grow up hating back? Idiots.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   

I am not arguing peoples right to protest but the way it is done, this Muslim in the video was either answering his call to prayer or protesting in his own way. He was not harrasing or hurting any one. They made a show of themselves and in my opinion the Muslim proved the better man by not rising to it.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
reply to post by Ellen15

Interesting. We have Beth Dim Jewish courts here in the UK, but no one seems to mention them almost like they dont exist. Yet the sharia courts that perform the exact same role are seen as a threat to Britain. The Jewish lobby is the most powerful in the UK by a long way, yet people feel the muslims are taking over?

Exactly, which was the point of my post

There are Beth Dim (Jewish Courts) in the USA
Sharia Court in the UK runs exactly how Jewish Courts do in the UK

These people who believe there will be a total take over of Sharia Law in their western country (UK US) and run their life are totally IGNORANT, they have NOT bothered to look up what Sharia Court is all about, how its run in the UK nor bothered to look up what Sharia Court will be about

ITS NOT FOR YOU non jewish or non muslims (my god some of you people are totally stupid)
Its for muslims who want to use Sharia Court, Just like Jewish use the Jewish Court for themselves in the UK and USA if they want to

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swanseadog

You say "so long as they do not trample the liberties of others" this is exactly what they did, I say again if the man had gone into one of their churches screaming out allah what would have happened?

This is not a church. It's public property.

You are twisting everything.

So you are saying that a Muslim has the right to pray, but no one else has a right to say anything?

So only Muslims have rights? And they can just start praying anytime they want to force people to shut up?
This is insane.

Thankfully the LAW protects people from folks like you.
You are on the side of injustice and intolerance for people you disagree with.

You have the right to Ignore people, just like the Islamic guy did.

There is no law banning peaceful free speech in the USA.

How does a muslim man praying in public affect your liberties?
How does a muslim man praying in public take something away from you?

And what right do people have to harrass another person in a public place?

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
In Egypt christian and secular Egyptians formed human chains to protect the muslims during their prayer call times

In the US christians attack and harrass a muslim man during his time of prayer call

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Ellen15

In the Uk a lot of Sharia Law goes against british Law, Polygamy is permitted, freedom of speech is also not allowed when talking about Mohammed, it is punishable by death, gosssip and backbiting is also illegal under sharia.
1. The theoretical foundation of the Islamic Penal Codes is a social model based on sexual apartheid. The chief elements of this model are first: a belief that women are deficient in their natural and “innate” potentials and abilities, including their psychological-makeup and intellectual capacity. Second, a belief in a social and family order where men must be guardians over women, and women must submit. Third, a belief in an unequal system of rights and consequently, wherever the question of the reproduction of such an order is concerned, of a system of punishment that is also unequal.

2. The Islamic Penal Codes are based on violence in its most primitive forms. These not only authorise organised state violence, but encourage male violence against women within the family and in society.

3. While the Islamic Penal Codes have born down a tremendous injustice on the women of our country, they have also been an area where women have stood up against the regime in every possible shape, with some victories to their credit. It is no exaggeration to claim that women have inflicted the greatest defeats on the regime in the realm of culture and “public morality and chastity” and its symbol: the Islamic dress code (hejab). By their persistent and fierce resistance women have in fact made the complete execution of the law of Islamic ta’zirat impossible.

What are these codes which give legal shelter to sexual apartheid? Through these laws women are not just second class citizens, half a man, but at times their very existence is disregarded. Someone pointed out that our women have managed to achieve equality in one field only: equal right to imprisonment, exile, torture, being killed, and now being slaughtered [1]. In fact in the Islamic Penal Codes, Iranian women have the unenviable distinction of having a greater share of punishment. Let us first examine the question of liability to punishment.

Sharia law just would not fit with western law.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I have posted this comment before, but it is worth repost at this time.

Not everyone who identifies themselves as Christian , IS Christian.

One MUST follow the teachings of Christ in order to be Christian.

These people are so far from the teachings of Jesus they have become an embarrassment of themselves and those in who they SAY they represent.

This is what happens when people Don’t think for themselves, they allow Evil to guide them. The BLACKNESS of these people hearts can be seen by all.

Now this type of behavior is witnessed through out our society.

What we must do is NOT fall victim of the same Mind Control.

Recognize that these people ARE NOT Christian, because a True Christian would not act in such a shameful manner.

So as Master of our own mind we do not paint all Christians as ignorant, bigots same as we do not condemn all Muslims for the actions of a few extremist.

Remember this is how TPTB want you to respond.

Divide & Conquer.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join