It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creationists New Tactics to promote Anti-Evolutionary Teachings

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by addygrace
reply to post by rhinoceros

You can try to seperate the two, but random mutations cause natural selection to select what the random mutation gives it. On top of that, the conditions dictate what thrives and what dies, according to the evolution model. These conditions are random. For instance, if you rewind time and start the process over, it is so random nothing would be the same as it is today.

Origin of variation = random (in simplified biology, in practice where (loci) and type of mutation is far from random)

Selection of variation = not random

If you'd start the process again from say the first multicellular organism.. Some things would be the same. Laws of physics have a lot to say on what kind of organisms can develop. There are some rules like area/volume ratios that don't change..

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The smartest path for a Creationist to take, is to claim that god used the laws of nature & evolution to create everything that is around today. They could say that god is the force that makes everything happen the way it does, and the metaphoric story in the bible is the only way they could describe it to less civilized people of their time. And THEN, you could have god in your science classes, because 'god' as a force of nature is so general that no one could argue it's existence. Ta Da!

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

If it was started over multiple times, it would be different everytime. That is the very definition of random.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslow

Abiogenesis is the science of the unknown ? Another theory ! How about this , earth is a prison planet where prisoners were dumped by space aliens . Disprove it ! How about we crash landed on this rock and can't get off and have digressed downward from a superior being . Disprove that ! Or maybe we are just someones science project like your ant colony . Could that somebody be our God ? Or we can just say that we created ourselves , kind like we are doing now .

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

Abiogenesis is currently a hypothesis as it has not be fully proven yet. However, as more and more evidence is produced its becoming clear that abiogenesis is the most likely explanation for the emergence of life. As for your other claims, produce falsifiable data supporting these hypotheses so the scientific community can determine whether or not they are legitimate hypotheses. If you are unable to produce any data then there is no way to make any claims whatsoever about them, either for or against. However, looking at the data we do have we can make the claim that these are extremely unlikely scenarios and will be treated as such until new data makes us say otherwise.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Wow there hasn't been a Creationist vs. Evolutionist debt in the past 5 mins... It always makes me laugh how close minded the Evolutionist really are. Most sane Creationist accept the fact that evolution fits into the big picture... The same can not be said about evolutionist.... What does having so much faith in Darwin get you? even If he is right what does it mean? being right doesn't mean anything when your worm food. I don't get the point, why evolution is a creepy cult like thing... believing in Darwinism really doesn't mean anything...

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Target Earth

Originally posted by Target Earth
Wow there hasn't been a Creationist vs. Evolutionist debt in the past 5 mins... It always makes me laugh how close minded the Evolutionist really are.

No such thing as an 'evolutionist'.

Yeah, we only let things like "facts" and "evidence" sway our decisions, instead of allowing random, made-up ideas that directly contradict reality to sway our opinions.

Most sane Creationist accept the fact that evolution fits into the big picture...

Except that I've yet to meet a creationist that understands evolution.

The same can not be said about evolutionist.... What does having so much faith in Darwin get you?

Faith in Darwin? He merely outlined a really great theory that's been supported by 150+ years of evidence. There's no faith when mountains of evidence are present to support evolution.

even If he is right what does it mean?

It means that we have all sorts of medical benefits which are derived from a greater understanding of viruses and bacteria.

being right doesn't mean anything when your worm food.

So...you're not arguing against evolution, you have a problem with atheism. Which is an entirely different topic...

I don't get the point, why evolution is a creepy cult like thing...

It's not a 'creepy cult like thing', it's a scientific fact.

believing in Darwinism really doesn't mean anything...

Neither does believing in gravity. Believing scientific facts means absolutely nothing...except that you get benefits from applying the understanding of them.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by addygrace

If it was started over multiple times, it would be different everytime. That is the very definition of random.

Some things would be different, some things would be very similar, because selection is not random. For example, the shape of dolphins and fish is similar, even if they are not evolutionary related. Evolution has random elements, but is not totaly random. It has to construct designs that works well, or go extinct.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Another example is that insects, birds, and certain mammals all have wings, even though they're very distantly related and that the wing structures all developed independently.

Evolution is a non-random selection of random mutations. The only random element within evolution is genetic drift, whilst natural and sexual selection are both non-random processes.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Creationism or evolution? How do you prefer your fiction? Classic or contemporary? Poetry or prose?

We've been here for millions of years.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Robert Reynolds

Evolution is fiction? I'm sorry, but verified scientific fact with millions of papers and millions of pieces of evidence to back it up is hardly fiction.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Have you ever had evolution proved to you personally? Or have you just read these papers that you speak of and decided to believe them?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Robert Reynolds

Originally posted by Robert Reynolds

Have you ever had evolution proved to you personally?

Personally? In what manner do you mean "personally"? Do I honestly need to? It's a scientific phenomenon. We have a method by which we can verify these things and have such discoveries carry over. The scientific method allows discoveries made by one group of people to be read over and accepted by others in the world.

Or have you just read these papers that you speak of and decided to believe them?

I've read quite a few papers and quite a bit of material on evolution. I've read critiques of evolution as well as critiques of specific scientific issues. Like anything scientific, I've accepted it on the weight of evidence presented, which is quite a heavy load.

I mean, it's not like I've had nuclear fission proven to me personally. Have you?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Robert Reynolds

Have you ever had evolution proved to you personally? Or have you just read these papers that you speak of and decided to believe them?

Have you ever witnessed a fusion reaction? Or have you just read about it?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter
reply to post by Maslow

Abiogenesis is the science of the unknown ? Another theory ! How about this , earth is a prison planet where prisoners were dumped by space aliens . Disprove it ! How about we crash landed on this rock and can't get off and have digressed downward from a superior being . Disprove that ! Or maybe we are just someones science project like your ant colony . Could that somebody be our God ? Or we can just say that we created ourselves , kind like we are doing now .

Show me some evidence that Earth is a prison planet and i'll try my best to disprove or accept your idea.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by addygrace

HI Addygrace

It comes from a brilliant documentary shown of Sky3 +3 called The Story of the Earth. I do recommend it and am sure you will enjoy it.

Lynda

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Lynda101

What comes from that movie? Are you sure you're talking to me? I don't know what you mean.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Look into the sky on a sunny day

Granted, that's me seeing it from afar. I might be mistaken, it could actually just be aqua-Vishnu shining a giant flashlight at me.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

Just try to escape .Like Austrailia it's a fer piece from anywhere !

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
reply to post by MrXYZ

Look into the sky on a sunny day

Granted, that's me seeing it from afar. I might be mistaken, it could actually just be aqua-Vishnu shining a giant flashlight at me.

Amazing pic of the sun

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join