It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eyewitness accounts of ET technology are now emerging in government research and in the marketplace.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

I agree with that, but you have to go back to the time when solid state devices came into use, it was that transition which is so remarkable. Once microproccessors were in use things started to snowball due to the increased speed and capacity. But the mystery to me is still the invention of such devices in the beginning.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Very good thread, and well put together. There is much to think about here, as you're right, there have been a huge influx in technological breakthroughs. Who am I to argue that it cannot be reverse-engineering at work here? But I do know that it's very intriguing to me the coincidence of eye-witness accounts, and what we currently see today.

S & F for you my friend, and thank you for the work you put into it. I will also do my homework on this.

-OE
edit on 4-3-2011 by overextended1 because: spelling

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
This is a great post. I have been convinced for years that our relatively recent advancements were unnatural. If you plot a line starting from the beginning of man until today, virtually all of our technologies/advancements have been in a relative blink of an eye.

My big question is; why hasn't our automotive/transportation advanced at the same rate as other technologies? And I'm not speaking of all of the fancy gadgets we've put into cars, I'm talking about that antiquated thing under the hood. In this day and age, with all of the advancements we've had, the combustion engine is a joke. It's the automotive equivalent of a 286 processor, or worse.

I firmly believe that is by design. We have too many oil companies and too many holes in the ground to give up on fossil fuels. There is too much money to be made with fossil fuels. If ET's have given us "help" regarding other technology, then they have to be laughing their asses off at the combustion engine.

On the other hand, if we really had other technology available for propulsion, would we really be invading other countries for their "oil"? I really wish we would get beyond fossil fuels and into something that's clean and cheap.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
HAHA! I completely agree! If one were to do a little bit of critical thinking about technology... they would know something is a little fishy. I have always wanted to write about this in ATS, but it takes to long and I don't really care if people figure it out.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by General.Lee
I firmly believe that is by design. We have too many oil companies and too many holes in the ground to give up on fossil fuels. There is too much money to be made with fossil fuels. If ET's have given us "help" regarding other technology, then they have to be laughing their asses off at the combustion engine.

Totally am with you on this! My thought is that they do have the advanced automotive/transportation technology, they just want to get all the money they can get out of fossil fuels before they switch... it's all about the Benjamin's.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by overextended1
Very good thread, and well put together. There is much to think about here, as you're right, there have been a huge influx in technological breakthroughs. Who am I to argue that it cannot be reverse-engineering at work here?

I think many people would be actually surprised to know that most technological breakthroughs came from Nazi scientists, hence the scramble from the Americans and Russians to capture these scientist for their own ends.
The Nazis gave the world jet engines and the rocket technology to reach the moon.....not to mention that the Nazis had designed their own atom bomb and saucer shaped craft that didn't see the light of day.

As for reverse engineering ET craft I somehow doubt modern man could reverse engineer anything of ET's given that
ET to achieve inter stella space travel must be several thousand years ahead of Modern human technology.

Think of it this way......do you think we could give a prehistoric cave man a modern lap top....and then expect him to reverse engineer it to produce his own lap top?

The caveman couldn't do it, so I doubt modern day humans could do it either with ET's technology.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by WeRpeons

Oh noes. Humans advancing faster? MUST BE ALIENS.

Please. If you have no faith in your own species' abilities, then at least prove why you think this way.

All technology is this way. It is invented, established, and then replaced by something revolutionary.

If its functional it works.

Do tell. is there any example of alien technology being beyond what is currently known to science?
edit on 4-3-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

I've never came across in this thread that none of this technology could be invented by the human race. I've laid out the strong coincidences and similarities between eyewitness accounts and today's emerging technology. Remember, this is just a small sample of UFO and abduction case studies that talk about this technology before anyone ever heard about it. The Betty and Barney Hill case happened way back in 1964, Roswell 1947, Travis Walton 1975. Adair describes in 1971 the engine he examined at Groom Lake was light years beyond anything we had on earth! Research this guys credentials! Research the numerous UFO cases you can find right here on the internet! I guarantee you will find references to technology that are just being talked about today! Do you honestly think if the military recovered metal that was so strong you couldn't cut it or put a dent in it, they wouldn't want to reverse engineer its properties for military applications? I remember when I was growing up, traveling amongst the stars was impossible because scientists said man couldn't exceed the speed of light, let alone handle the amount of G's they would be experiencing. Now it's a completely different story! Now they talk about worm holes, warping space and time. What made them change their way of thinking? When the science community starts investigating new technologies, the step-by-step findings are usually published in journals small pieces at a time. They build on that! Most of these technologies were like, "hey, scientists have discovered away on how to bend light to make objects invisible!" You can deny 1 or 2 coincidences, but when they all start adding up, you have to question that!

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Very interesting thread and regardless of how a person feels about UFO's and Aliens, it is pretty tough to deny the very sudden leaps and bounds we made in technology. I personally found your section on Holograms to be pretty interesting and I would like to add to it a bit if I may.

I like video games. I have ever since I was kid. Over the years I had several ideas for video games and I have seen some eventually come to pass. I had my first idea for an interactive video game, like you see with the Wii system today, about 15 years ago.

Back in 1983 there was a video game craze that took the arcades and 11 years old like myself by storm. We could not get enough it. This was a laserdic video game called Dragon's Lair. It cost 50 cents to play this game, while all other games were only 25 cents.

Now let's fast forward a bit to the 1990's. At this time I was living in Wichita, Kansas and this new movie theater had opened up. It was called The Palace and it was not your regular movie theater. They showed movies that had already been released by several weeks, but showed them at a significant discount. Tickets were approximately 50% less than you would pay at a normal theater. So one day I went to this theater to watch the movie "Dancing with Wolves" and in the lobby they had a video game that caught my eye. I had never seen a video game like this before or since. I had never seen this video game in an arcade. The only place that had this game was this one movie theater. This game was the first holographic video game ever released. It was created by Sega and one of the creators of the Dragon's Lair video game. It was called Time Traveler.

So in a span of under 10 years (Dragon's Lair released in 1983 and Time Traveler released in 1991) video games went from laserdisc to hologram. In my opinion that is an awfully huge leap in technology in a very short span of time. What makes it even more interesting to me is that holographic video games just kind of disappeared after that. Again, I have never seen another game like Time Traveler since, nor have I actually seen the video game Time Traveler ever again. I am not sure why, but for some reason I just found this relevant to the topic.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
Very interesting thread and regardless of how a person feels about UFO's and Aliens, it is pretty tough to deny the very sudden leaps and bounds we made in technology.

Some might argue that since man first walked on the moon in 1969 technology on the space front has stood still.

Man has not yet manage to go beyond Earth orbit, and can only just manage to visit our own satellite....the Moon.

We are a long way off sending a man to Mars, and centuries away from getting a man to escape our own solar system.

Sudden leaps and bounds............40 years on......I think not!

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Turkenstein

Their technology was so much more advanced than the rest of the world. The question here is, where did they get the help from?

Churchill and Eisenhower also knew that Hitler, believed in alien life and the occult, which was censored during the war. The thought that Hitler may of somehow had contact with other advanced life forms must have crossed both men's minds. The off the record discussion during this meeting must of been one of the strangest in history.

http:////ezinearticles.com/?Winston-Churchill-and-the-World-War-Two-UFO-Cover-Up&id=4817512

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by iversusvsversusi
reply to post by Turkenstein

History channel documentaries are a straight crock. Just checkout the documentary on the freemason. Not to mention the 911 one is laughable. They dont disprove a thing, they just say we like conspiracy theories.

I recently ordered the DVD "The Day After Roswell" done by the History Chanel.

I'd read Phillip Corso' book and just wanted to see how the History Chanel would cover it.

It starts off great, BUT, then slowly and even more slowly the debunkers are brought in. To people who are interested in this subject and have done a lot of research, this stands out a mile, BUT to the casual watcher, I doubt wether they would "pick it up".

I keep bringing this up all the time here at ATS whenever a new "sighting" is posted. FORGET THE BLOODY SIGHTINGS THEY HAPPEN EVERY DAY ALL ROUND THE WORLD.

See my signature below...............nuff said.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logical one

Very good thread, and well put together. There is much to think about here, as you're right, there have been a huge influx in technological breakthroughs. Who am I to argue that it cannot be reverse-engineering at work here?

I think many people would be actually surprised to know that most technological breakthroughs came from Nazi scientists, hence the scramble from the Americans and Russians to capture these scientist for their own ends.
The Nazis gave the world jet engines and the rocket technology to reach the moon.....not to mention that the Nazis had designed their own atom bomb and saucer shaped craft that didn't see the light of day.

uhh... Nazi scientist's contribution to science and tech is vastly overrated.

They made many "discoveries" that didn't do much good to mankind and society, like shock therapy, chemical weaponry and pharmaceutical treatments that all became more or less controversial. They were making these experiments "hardcore" way, on people in death camps to see the results, regardless of the harms to the life of these people. I really doubt such unethical, deadly practices can be justified with scientific progress!

But back then Russians were already using bacteriophages to treat their soldiers against lethal biological agents and diseases, and it worked pretty well. We're still struggling to get hospitals use that in the West, believing in the "almighty antibiotics", mostly developed by the German branch of Bayer under the Nazi regime, through IG Farben.

It's true that they were more slightly advanced in aeronautical research (they did had awesome airplane designs), especially in developing the first jet fighter and guided missiles, although, again, I don't really see the positive side of it, Jack Parsons, another creepy guy, came up with solid fuel-based rocket tech during the same period, and even if the Nazi scientists would'nt have been there, even without Werner Von Braun, we would have had efficient rockets and jets only a few years later.

But how does rocket science is THAT great? The Chinese anyways iinvented the whole thing centuries before, so not much breakthrough here...

Alright, it allowed travels to space, yeah... But also the building of thousands of ICBM with nuclear war heads.
So much for "progress".
edit on 4/3/11 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/3/11 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

>> CORSO: We also had a little charred chip, small thing, maybe uh, three-eighths of an inch square, two threads coming out and a little dent in the center with thin wires. 00:28:24 These came from Roswell. 00:28:27 We didn't know exactly the function of those integrated circuitsbubut we suspected that these were circuits, electrical circuits.,, >> NARRATOR: Corso asserts that he brings the object to Bell Labs, which had developed the transistor 14 years earlier. 00:28:46 He says scientists there were able to analyze and later re- create the alien microchip.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons

Their technology was so much more advanced than the rest of the world. The question here is, where did they get the help from?

I assume you are referring to the Nazis?

In human history there will always be nations and civilisations more advanced than others.
Look at ancient China, Greece. etc etc.

Just like some nations or ethnic/racial groupings are better at certain sports than others.

Take just the example of top heavyweight boxers, the amount of top heavyweight boxers of African decent far outweighs Caucasians........now would anyone seriously argue that this is because those of African decent have been trained by ET!

edit on 4-3-2011 by Logical one because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

Wow

isnt this Ironic See through metal

Scotty's transparent aluminium is a reality, say German experts
www.earthtimes.org...

Hamburg - Transparent aluminium, as strong as metal yet as clear as glass, is a scientific reality and not just a plot device in an old "Star Trek" movie, according to a team of German researchers. In the 1986 movie "Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home," Scotty travels back in time to show a Silicon Valley engineer how to make "transparent aluminium." In so doing, the intrepid crew of the USS Enterprise are able to save the humpback whale from extinction whilst also saving the Earth of the 23rd century.

www.dailytech.com...

Aluminate Glass: Did Scientists Create Transparent Aluminum?
www.technovelgy.com...

Transparent Plastic Polymer is Strong as Steel
www.dailytech.com...

From a fictional Movie to a Reality !

But how funny is it that some of the things (Gadgets/Props) in the Original Star Trek TV series
did indeed become a reality and more So

On another Thread a Member from Russia said his Government already built one !
a Laser Tractor Beam
His Post Here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Star Trek 'tractor beam' laser that can move objects could soon become a reality
Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

cenar "�" Is The Star Trek Healing Device Becoming A Reality?

Read more: health.ezinemark.com...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Star Trek's Tricorder on route to becoming reality
Would allow you to check your unborn baby's progress at home

Read more: Star Trek's Tricorder on route to becoming reality - Pocket-lint www.pocket-lint.com...

Star Trek devices that resemble present-day gadgets

by Doug Aamoth on May 30, 2009
www.crunchgear.com...

Well The Influence of Fictional Sc Fi Books !

One of the Best Sites that shows that (Science Fiction) Does Sooner or later becomes a Reality !

Explore the inventions, technology and ideas of science fiction writers at

Technovelgy (that's tech-novel-gee!)
www.technovelgy.com...

www.technovelgy.com...

edit on 4-3-2011 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-3-2011 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
The only real problem with this is that they are not releasing the new technology fast enough. I could just be jaded by all the high tech gadgets that we currently have, but what the government and military have hidden away is the real gold mine of sci fi nerd orgasms. I can't wait for the future when the government finally unleashes all that sweet sweet ET tech and enslaves all of us with their oppresive mind control technologies.

All hail the singularity!

btw... s&f

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by elpistolero1

Not really, for the human race to back engineer technology that was light years ahead of our own is quite an accomplishment.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logical one

well i can tell you nazi's jet engines were not the first, here is acouple example of a romanian inventor 1910, a british 1936 german 1939 , italian 1940

//www.helium.com/items/937932-jet-aircraft-in-wwii

and in rockets too.

Modern rockets were born when Goddard attached a supersonic (de Laval) nozzle to a liquid-fueled rocket engine's combustion chamber. These nozzles turn the hot gas from the combustion chamber into a cooler, hypersonic, highly directed jet of gas, more than doubling the thrust and raising the engine efficiency from 2% to 64%.[34][35] In 1926, Robert Goddard launched the world's first liquid-fueled rocket in Auburn, Massachusetts.

here's the wiki link

wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocket

edit on 4-3-2011 by hounddoghowlie because: fix links

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echtelion

uhh... Nazi scientist's contribution to science and tech is vastly overrated.

They made many "discoveries" that didn't do much good to mankind and society, like shock therapy, chemical weaponry and pharmaceutical treatments that all became more or less controversial. They were making these experiments "hardcore" way, on people in death camps to see the results, regardless of the harms to the life of these people. I really doubt such unethical, deadly practices can be justified with scientific progress!
]

Hey, Echtelon, don't get me wrong, I'm not in anyway celebrating or condoning the Nazis or indeed their methods in ANY way but simply saying that many of the technological achievements that both America and Russia made after the war were in large part because of the "help" they got from the Nazi scientists.

Just the other day I saw a documentary were one Jew or Polish worker (I forget which nationality he was) remarked that he was among many workers that were forced to work in appalling conditions in hidden caves when making the Nazis rockets, and he saw many fellow workers perish.......and how he felt angry that the Nazi responsible was being "courted" by the US rather than being put on trial and condemned to his fate.

So yes it is unsavoury but it also is part of post war history that can't go ignored.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
S&F for you.

For years my husband and I have said this very same thing. We, as humans, have these HUGE egos that think we are superior and far more intellegent then we really are. Like it or not we have been helped along. How and from whom I don't think anyone really knows.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join