It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DVD/CD Question.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I hope I explain this correctly.

I have a DVD with music on it and I would like to convert the DVD into a CD that I can play on a CD player. Is there a program that I can do this with. Or.... is there a way that I can convert my DVD+R discs into CD discs?

Thanks in advance.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
You can use this and rip the DVD into the format you want to burn onto the CD's. AVS converter

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Can you view the music files on your DVD when you open it's contents? If so, try copying the music files over to your hard drive. Once they're there, pop in a blank CD+/-R and then create away! Hope this helps.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Sure. You can take a dvd and chop it into little pieces, and put what you want onto a cd. A bit of information for you first.....

A dvd holds 4.7gb worth of information. A cd holds 700 mb of information. The average song is 5mb or so. The math says a cd will hold about 140 songs, and the dvd will hold about 940 songs.

Yes, you do need a program to do this. I recommend VLC, it's free and open source, and full of features. I use it to stream whatever, video, music, etc, to any device on my home network. It handles any file format. It runs on any platform, so you're good to go. Any questions just ask.

However, It does sound like you are a rookie at this. There are other programs, but I'd need to know your OS in order to point you towards something simple. It sounds like you want to rip a few songs off a dvd and make your own personal cds, but are we talking hundreds or millions of songs? Depending on exactly what you want to do, there are sometimes specific programs that do specific things. Need more information to formulate a better response. Hope I helped.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies. I have a DVD+R that has music on it, and I was wondering if I can change the same DVD+R into something that I can play into a CD Player. This may be a myth that this can be changed in some way, but I was wondering if it can actually happen, and if someone knows how.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Depending on the format the tracks are in on the DVD, you should be able to use a number of programs to rip the tracks from the DVD then burn them to a CD. First thing to try (assuming you have Windows) would be to put the DVD in, start up Windows Media Player and see if it will let you use the rip feature with the DVD.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

The DVD will always be a DVD. You can't change that. You have to rip or copy the songs to the PC first and then use a program to burn them to a CD. Windows media player will work.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
JUST USE WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER.. TELL IT TO RIP YOUR MUSIC FROM THE DVD...

THEN YOU CAN PLAY IT RIGHT FROM THE PC...

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZOMBIEMASTER

Maybe you should actually read his post so you would know what he wanted to do. Oh, and it seems you need to buy a new keyboard since your capslock is broken.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by warbird03

Maybe you should actually read his post so you would know what he wanted to do. Oh, and it seems you need to buy a new keyboard since your capslock is broken.

FIRST..MY CAPSLOCK ISNT BROKEN, MY EYESIGHT IS...AND I USE CAPS AS A VISUAL AID SO THAT I CAN SEE WHAT IM WRITING, ITS A PROTECTED ACTION UNDER THE AMERICANS WITH DISABLITIES ACT, SO YOU CAN PACK YOUR TUDE UP AND STUFF IT EINSTEIN....

SECCOND... YOUR OBVIUOSLY TECHNICALLY CHALLENGED... IF THE GUY RIPS THE MUSIC TO HIS PC WITH MEDIA PLAYER HE CAN THEN BURN IT WHATEVER OTHER DISK HE WISHES...

SO I THINK I ANSWERED HIS QUESTION JUST FINE....IN FACT.. I KNOW I DID... HAVE A NICE DAY...

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by warbird03

FIRST..MY CAPSLOCK ISNT BROKEN, MY EYESIGHT IS...AND I USE CAPS AS A VISUAL AID SO THAT I CAN SEE WHAT IM WRITING, ITS A PROTECTED ACTION UNDER THE AMERICANS WITH DISABLITIES ACT, SO YOU CAN PACK YOUR TUDE UP AND STUFF IT EINSTEIN....

SECCOND... YOUR OBVIUOSLY TECHNICALLY CHALLENGED... IF THE GUY RIPS THE MUSIC TO HIS PC WITH MEDIA PLAYER HE CAN THEN BURN IT WHATEVER OTHER DISK HE WISHES...

SO I THINK I ANSWERED HIS QUESTION JUST FINE....IN FACT.. I KNOW I DID... HAVE A NICE DAY...

First of all, if your eyesight is bad then you should either lower your resolution or increase the DPI. Either choice is better than typing in all caps.

Second, I am hardly technically challenged. At least, I would hope that's not the case seeing as I work as a computer technician. What you suggested was just to rip the music to his computer and listen to it from there. That is not what he wanted at all. They wanted a way to get the music from a DVD to a CD. Obviously, they weren't sure on how exactly to do that so simply saying "JUST BURN IT TO THE OTHER DISK" isn't going to be very helpful now is it?

If you don't konw what you're talking about, don't try to give other people advice about it.

Oh, and my suggestions instead of using capslock all the time will make it easier to read other text besides your own too. Really a far better and more polite option than just USING CAPSLOCK ALL THE TIME.
edit on 29-3-2011 by warbird03 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join