It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hilary Clinton blames pro wrestling, Baywatch (in part) for "damaging" US image

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Pro wrestling?!! Baywatch?? Really??

Testifying before the U.S. Foreign Policy Priorities Committee yesterday, U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton blamed professional wrestling, in part, for damaging the perception of America abroad, in a speech broadcast live on C-SPAN. The former Democratic Presidential candidate said that while other countries like Russia were exporting "instructive" information through their English language news services (Russia's English language RT news channel), America was exporting inferior programming.

"I remember having an Afghan general tell me that the only thing he thought about Americans is that all the men wrestled and the women walked around in bikinis because the only TV he ever saw was Baywatch and World Wide Wrestling," she lectured with a stern face to the sitting members of the U.S. Foreign Policy Priorities Committee.

Clinton further blamed TV shows like U.S. professional wrestling for being at "counter purposes to what we truly are as Americans," leading to "Al Jazeera winning." The former First Lady used the bogeyman of professional wrestling while defending the U.S. State Department's budget, while asking for more money to win an "information war" that America was "losing."

On April 21, 2008, during the U.S. Presidential campaign, candidates Sen. Hillary Clinton, Sen. Barack Obama and Sen. John McCain all appeared on Monday Night Raw on the USA Network with specially taped messages targeting the wrestling audience.

slam.canoe.ca...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Way to expose yourself as an attention whore, HILLROD.

You dont get to pander to an audience for votes and then call them out for ruining america. Perfect example of the hypocrisy of our leaders.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Ya ok they blame tv shows. But it was them that really #ed up americas image political scandals and the usual bs these people work on behind us.. hilary sounds like a dumb ho to really you think BAYWATCH is worser for americas image then JERSEY SHORE?

edit on 3-3-2011 by P-M-H because: need that laughing guy

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
And Hillary hasn't tarnished our image?
Wow, I'm guessing either are less damaging than her.......

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
As if we needed any more proof, that woman is an absolute idiot !

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
As if we needed any more proof, that woman is an absolute idiot !

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
It wouldn't have anything to do with our repeatedly overthrowing governments around the world.. nah....

It wouldn't have anything to do with our wars of empire... nah...

It would't have anything to do with our human trafficking/forced prostituion, drug running, and gun running... nah...

It wouldn't have to do with our blackmailing and bullying foreign leaders... nah...

It's the WWF....

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Yeah it was just some stupid TV show that made the world hate America.

All those bombs and invasions had nothing to do with it.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
What ? she blames pro wrestling ? For what , exposing that everything in politics is fake and scripted .Meaning there is no left/right .Just as Ventura said the fans would see us beat the crap out of each other , but what they didn't see was us drinking and dinning together .We were a close family .About time people GET IT !

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
i take it she's never seen super sweet 16 or girls of the play boy mansion.(i had no choice as my ex girlfriend was very controlling and loved that stuff)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
The thought of American TV images being seen around the world has made me cringe since Jerry Springer, Maury Povich and Morton Downey Jr began broadcasting. Sadly, TV has managed to continue a downhill trend. Our dish-fed TV has a plethora of reality entertainment that scrapes the bottom of the barrel.

Many countries will not permit our garbage programs to be shown. I applaud them.

Hillary's message may be on target but she has a lot of chutzpah to throw stones at anyone else. We all remember how the bodies piled up in DC when she and Bill were playing White House.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Lmfao... Hillary does have a sense of humour - what a joke !!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Yeah I'm pretty sure the government does a much better job as giving the world a reason to hate us than TV does.

Our TV and movies are about the only thing we actually export and are enjoyed by the rest of the world anymore. And that's the problem? Doubt it....

She needs to do a U-turn with the finger pointing and aim it back at herself and other stupid politicians.

new topics

top topics

join