It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange UFO Coin from 1680 Puzzles the Experts

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
One would hat the ufo on the coin would be the big mystery here but it's not. The rabbit hole goes deeper. My question is............Why does this ufo have a penis, er, the penis of jupiter as it were.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I couldn't say exatly what this is, but those very stupid examples of what it myght be from the sceptics really bug me. What is it with these people that they have to make up such incredibly unreasonable stories? A mushroom for gods sake? Are these people really so afraid of what the truth may be that they are willing to look like fools suggesting that these unexplained things are so mundane, and so very completely unlikely? They ust be stupid.

I don't know what is on the cion, but if I had to make a guess I would say it was a representation of the flying shield. Seems most likely. Although I would rather think it was a UFO, I don't see any corroborating evidence in history which would surly exists if a UFO event big enough for this type of coin to be minted had occured.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Nice update to the updated avatar btw!

The Dogon have a great deal to say about how alien intervention brought them seeds found nowhere else on earth. Reading about their agriculture is extremely interesting.. truly unlike any where on earth as far as I understand thus far.

If intervention in the past actually happened like the implied benevolence.... a gold coin would be a cool way to remember them by.

b

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Well after reading all you have said about the coin, in one of your quotes, on expert states that the coin is similar to many other coins of the same time period that were used to help teach how to count money and something about containing things of mythological or historical or religious nature. With this, it seems that this coin was produced after a surprisingly great year that the society had been praying for and that they received, having received that maybe they received it from, what they may have believed, to be a blessing from Jupiter and his shield, although, wouldn't his shield come to aide in combat not crops? Jupiter isn't the supposed God of Crops, is he not?

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Great thread for sure!

Looking ath those coins, i remember one other UFO related case, with PLATES with alien symbols found UNDER crop-circle field

here it is

The Mystery being that all three plates, including the gold plate, as far as photos show, bear engravings…representing miniatures of the actual crop circle“

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
That coin also reminds me of a painting with something similar in it, but I don't know who did the painting or the name of it.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
My personal opinion is that the first coin looks like a mushroom (the trippy kind), the other side is probably the tree of life.....Who knows? A great thread which shows pictures of the mushroom this coin reminds me of is.... Tryptamines and God www.abovetopsecret.com... turns out the creators of the church were obsessed with them..... If it is a UFO it wouldnt surprise me either, not because I believe they exist (if they do I doubt that the occuppants are looking to "save" or "evolve" us... Replace us maybe), but because we all know that secret organisations have been planning an "event" since like, forever, this coin is probably one of those messages to the "brotherhood" concealed (in plain sight)

Just my two cents

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Under all of the UFO’s is a tree or in one there is a forest of trees, I don’t think they are arrows.

At first I was looking for the arrow that the space aviation use in there patches and logos.
But I can’t find the recent thread on that.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wetpaint72
Please check out the voynich manuscript there are pic that resemble this image also found there. It is an interesting read ate the least. And a strange similarity.

There is a thread on here somewhere about the manuscript, but I don't know how to imbed it here for you
So sorry.but I could possibly post a link to picture.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...
edit on 3-3-2011 by Wetpaint72 because: Added link

For a very similar image see page 78 of the Voynich Manuscript top right hand corner. In that image however I believe the 'spike' in the centre of the fluted image is a Stamen and everything beneath leads not so much to the tree of life but a strange kind of 'womb'. Although I'm inclined toward extraterrestrial explanations of this coin - I'm surprised given that it is a French coin, that no one has mentioned the possibility of it being symbolic of The Sun King which Louis XIV was known as by the people of France. In some ways it could resemble the sun bearing a crown around it with a Stamen, spike or spear.

Oz

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by CitizenNum287119327

Reminds me of the flower in the DIA mural painting:

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by daggyz

I hate to agree (and I read your reply, zorgon, but the method is the same).

Just because someone creates a painting (or a coin) with a UFO or a divine being on it, doesn't necessarily make it real. Interesting find anyway, but I could really present anything. Or could be just completely imaginary.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Looks a lot like a UFO to me, the way the artist has depicted it to me signifies that they wanted you to be impressed by the objects size...the trees are small in all images, whereas the craft or whatever it is is fairly dominating. Whoever said the "arrows" look like fir trees, I'm in total agreement - thats what I saw there too.
On a side point, someone mentioned biblical references to aliens/ufos. I will need to check(bear with me as the book is somewhere in a box in my half renovated house) but I'm sure that I have a book which is supposedly channeled from the pleiadians with references to this (Bringers of the Dawn, I believe it is called)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
very interesting.

my first thoughts:

-reminded me of the other thread about the ufo battle in france thread that just came up

-the words on the side with the object in question made me instantly think that the "UFO" caused the rainfall. people also claim that UFOs brought the plague to europe. towns would all be visited by strange objects in the sky before the town was struck by the plague, and some people even claim seeing a cloud or gas drop from the objects. experts also say that there is no way rats or fleas would carry the plague. even the image of death, the hooded figure with the scythe comes from this. people in the fields would see beings in cloaked black attire standing ominously outside of the villages or their fields the same time the towns would see these objects and then be struck with the plague. the innuits creation story is literally them being picked up by a metal bird and being placed into a land of snow. the "UFOs" seem to have no real agenda, or at least they all seem to have different ones.

-the other side of the coin, seeds seem to be falling from the plant. i bring this up because, the coin even details the rain droplets, and the light, amorphous details of the cloud, but then there are also these small dark objects in the background as well. to me, they could be:
a. seeds falling from the plant
b. seeds falling from the sky (another gift from the object?)
c. more objects farther away in the sky creating rainfall
d. damage to the coin
e. ???

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
This first thing I thought of was the swing ride that shows up at most amusement park and carnivals, although I think the angle of the top is too steep.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Shamatt

I couldn't say exatly what this is, but those very stupid examples of what it myght be from the sceptics really bug me. What is it with these people that they have to make up such incredibly unreasonable stories? A mushroom for gods sake? Are these people really so afraid of what the truth may be that they are willing to look like fools suggesting that these unexplained things are so mundane, and so very completely unlikely? They ust be stupid.

I have to comment on that. The "skeptics" said, rightfully so, it kinda looks like a mushroom, it kinda looks like a flower. Because it does. You people are the ones saying it IS a ufo. It's quite obviously the flying shield. What that represents is interesting and could very well BE a ufo. This doesn't change the fact that it looks like a pie, it looks like a pinwheel cake, it looks like any number of things, a wheel of cheese with a knife in it.

Here's my version of your quote:

I couldn't say exactly what this is, but those very stupid examples of what it has be from the believers really bug me. What is it with these people that they have to make up such incredibly unreasonable stories? A flying saucer with aliens for gods sake? Are these people really so afraid of what the truth may be that they are willing to look like fools suggesting that these unexplained things are so incredible, and so very completely unlikely? They must be uninformed.

I changed your spelling, and changed it because I wouldn't call anyone stupid for their opinions. but that's my version. Why on earth are you so afraid to be wrong that it HAS to be a ufo ignoring ample evidence that it is in fact a flying shield.

And don't even get me started on the tree of life that's depicted in almost every culture on earth, no, it's alien tech lasers, that's the logical answer.

There are reported ufo flaps going WAY back into the middle ages, some of which you can find many paintings of. But of course you have to put all of this in context of the time and how these people perceived the world then. With their understanding of the world we might not immediately understand what they were trying to describe. This is basically where the entire Ancient Aliens theory comes in as many angelic sightings in history could also be describes as ufo encounters and ETs.

If we lived in those days as say some bright light in the sky moving, we'd call it an angel. Today its a ufo, and for some that immediately means aliens.

I know I've seen more than 1 painting with that shield from the first image coin, in fact, I'm sure I've seen it on a show about ancient aliens (maybe the series) being used as proof of ufo encounters in the past, including in the bible. the problem with that is they fail to even mention the documented flying shield that looks suspiciously the same. Thankfully the community here isn't so biased and it has been brought up and people can forman educated opinion.

As for the ark, since it was mentioned, this has always fascinated me as well. I've watched some documentaries that went into trying to figure out, if it was how they described, wtf was it. One of the best answers brings up the Bagdad Battery. If this device was in fact a large charge holding capacitor, it explains quite a bit of the description. And amazingly, would have been possible at the time (believing for a minute they were advanced enough to build it). But then some of it sounds suspiciously like the effects of radiation. It is also possible that what was inside the ark was in fact radioactive material, and the chest plate described was led.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Reminds me of a few other coins I have seen.

Can't add anything about origin but interesting all the same.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d6cab0b65abc.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9fb84d811077.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fd2a1d9732d7.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
As a result of seeing something rather interesting, I retract my comment until I can do some offline research. Within the post above me and the original coin in post one, the objects are exactly the same in design. I will be back with a possibly answer.
edit on 4-3-2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
S+F

Good find...

It looks like the coins are trying to explain that the UFO's brought life to Earth...
edit on 4-3-2011 by monkeySEEmonkeyDO because: oops

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Umm couldit protray the "drawning up" of the enemy via a "beam" and that beam is protrayed as an arrow as there was nothing in exitence at the time to relate a beam of energy except an arrow?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join